ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall star Jon Elmore unstoppable

I agree Tony we’re all WV we need to stick together and support our state. It’s fun times for the state to see both teams do well. I’m WVU first and always but I like Marshall and cheer for them when they don’t play us.

The NCAA tourney is really huge in WV especially with both teams in it. It’s the biggest money making sports spectacle in the USA. A month of great action.

Don't give a crap about Marshall. Never have never will. State team or not. It's like needing to cheer for your conference members to win. Piss on them. Game is on their own heads not ours. The tourney is about every man for himself. There's a goal to be met and that goal is 6 wins and you're king of the season.Every team has that same goal.

I agree Tony we’re all WV we need to stick together and support our state. It’s fun times for the state to see both teams do well. I’m WVU first and always but I like Marshall and cheer for them when they don’t play us.

The NCAA tourney is really huge in WV especially with both teams in it. It’s the biggest money making sports spectacle in the USA. A month of great action.
Always tough to have any serious conversation regarding MU v. WVU in football or basketball. So many complications seep into the dialogue...frustrating because at the end of the day it's just a game, win or lose the sun comes up in the morning!

It's tough to get excited about playing football against a team that you never lose to, ever. And a team that insists on home/home when the programs are not at the same level. Why not play Fairmont State home/home? Same reason. Marshall sucks taxpayer money to prop up its sports teams. WVU's is self-supporting. That tells you which is David and which is Goliath. And this David never beat our Goliath. Never.

I'm a Marshall guy....most of us don't want to see WVU lose! What does that do for us?

Well you selected your team for whatever reason. Good for you. I grew up in Huntington and know first hand that WVU is hated by Marshall. My family verifies this to me all the time. I'm the only Mountaineer loyalist in my clan.

I don't think you get the point. I've learned not to really pay much attention to what Marshall fans say or think since I know how they really feel. How do I know you DON'T want WVU to lose. This is a forum where identities are unknown. You can type what you want to here and be PC. Sorry, but I don't believe you.

Now, I have not been on this forum very long. I THOUGHT I had entered a solid West Virginia Mountaineer site. Maybe I was wrong. I certainly won't open a known Marshall fan's post again.

Not to be rude. I just don't care what a Marshall fan says or thinks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT