ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall star Jon Elmore unstoppable

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
I would love to see Jevon Carter and WV native Jon Elmore in the same backcourt together. Elmore just had 26 points 9 assists to lead Marshall into the Confernece USA title Saturday where Marshall will make NCAA tourney if they win. Marshall will win more than likely because Elmore and CJ Burks are lighting everyone up. 2 WV boys can ball. CJ Burks had 29 points yesterday. Elmore had 13 assists yesterday. 2 in state stud recruits WVU should have recruited. Especially Elmore. He’s NBA bound. Elmore averaged 32 points in high school at George Washington.

I would love to see Jevon Carter and WV native Jon Elmore in the same backcourt together. Elmore just had 26 points 9 assists to lead Marshall into the Confernece USA title Saturday where Marshall will make NCAA tourney if they win. Marshall will win more than likely because Elmore and CJ Burks are lighting everyone up. 2 WV boys can ball. CJ Burks had 29 points yesterday. Elmore had 13 assists yesterday. 2 in state stud recruits WVU should have recruited. Especially Elmore. He’s NBA bound. Elmore averaged 32 points in high school at George Washington.
Wonder how is on defense

Why do you keep posting about guys that are not playing at WVU? You've made your point in other threads. Let's get back to talking about WVU players.

Why do you keep posting about guys that are not playing at WVU? You've made your point in other threads. Let's get back to talking about WVU players.
Thank you Vernon. This guys is starting to make me miss the Texas garbage you got rid of. He does understand this is a WVU board, not a former WV high school players board.

As you said, he has made his thoughts know time after time about his man crush on Elmore. Enough is enough or take it to the Marshall board.

Reactions: Phil
But look at the disrespect of talented WV in state players and the total blinder wearing fools on here. WVU needs some of these players from WV that are really good. Mookie Collier visiting WVU. We recruit 5-5 Tevin Bush, we should give Mookie a shot. He’s a little taller and better. Mookie is lethal athlete. Get him in the gold and blue. Good in state kid.

You should try posting this garbage on the herd board.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
But look at the disrespect of talented WV in state players and the total blinder wearing fools on here. WVU needs some of these players from WV that are really good. Mookie Collier visiting WVU. We recruit 5-5 Tevin Bush, we should give Mookie a shot. He’s a little taller and better. Mookie is lethal athlete. Get him in the gold and blue. Good in state kid.
Mookie has already visited WVU and has been invited to join the program if he can get things done that will be required on his end. But again this is another topic you've beat to death and that's why people are reacting the way they are.

Also you can keep taking your shots at Bush all you want but the kid is extremely talented.

Bush recruited by WVU, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Kansas, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana Monroe, Louisville, Texas Tech, Tulane, Georgia, LSU.

Mookie Collier - no interests.

Reactions: GetYaNumbersUp
And this has nothing to do with another Elmore thread.

Some guy on a low major torched a barely .500 fellow low major. That’s basically what happened, whether or not the team is Marshall and the player is from WV is irrelevant. Two shit teams played each other today, one team won and the winning team’s player went off. That doesn’t mean we “missed” every time two shit teams meet and one player has a big game.

Congrats to Marshall and Jon Elmore on their win, if they can finish the job and punch their first ticket in decades it will be a tremendous accomplishment for them. That does not mean we need to start battling Marshall for recruits.

Last edited:
Pretty cool that both WV D1 programs are playing for conference championships tonight. Playing back to back starting at 6, and ending about 11. Sounds like a 12-pack to me.

I'm not sure the two in-state programs have both been in this situation on the same day before.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Can they play defense? Huggs wants Defense! I am not a basketball guy but I know that.

As for this Elmore guy, good for him he's doing well. I'm betting it's not against the same level of competition. Is CUSA a 1-2 bid league out of what 12? There's 10 schools in the XII and there's likely a minimum 3 times as many bids and all but 1 school left out will feel cheated.

In any event I'm on the bandwagon for at least the 2nd half today and hope Huggs gets his 2nd Conference Title while at WVU. Last time that happened we got to Indy and the Final Four. Would like to see that again for Huggs and WVU. What I'm getting at is now IS NOT the time to beat a dead horse on some recruiting related opinion that was decided years back. Let it go for at least 24 hours and enjoy what could be today.

You know that Marshall has a board correct? He doesn’t play for us, could you please stop posting his stats for EVERY SINGLE GAME? I understand you love you some WV boys, but take it to the message board where people actually care!

Ummmmm I’m no recruiting expert by any means, but I would say that him visiting WVU is a good sign they are giving him a chance, contrary to your garbage post.

As for basketball recruiting, I believe Huggins turns down some shooters because they are not quick enough to play his defense. I'm sure if Huggs makes a mistake on a prospect, he'd admit it.

You know that Marshall has a board correct? He doesn’t play for us, could you please stop posting his stats for EVERY SINGLE GAME? I understand you love you some WV boys, but take it to the message board where people actually care!
Jon's daddy is Gay !

This is a great night in the Mountain State. We got WVU and Marshall playing double header conference titles. College hoops alive and well in the great state.

When V ain't happy, ain't none of us happy...so cease and desist!!!

Reactions: Phil
"it’ll mean a lot to us to go out there and try to get this one for the state of West Virginia.”
Who said this?...
It's actually a quote from Beetle Bolden. Once they put on the WVU uniform they are Mountaineers, and that's all that matters. We should care about the kids that actually play for WVU. Huggins knows what he's doing.

Elmore won’t sniff the NBA.

Happy for the young man, but I could care less.

So Marshmellow finally makes the tournament to be anywhere from 14 to 16 seed and lose in first round.

So Marshmellow finally makes the tournament to be anywhere from 14 to 16 seed and lose in first round.
th

Not really just stating facts. Mini U 0-5 lifetime in the Dance.

I would think most people in WV or from WV would be proud that both WV schools are in the Big Dance, March Madness, NCAA Tournament. Marshall plays an exciting up tempo, offense shoot em down style that scorers will want to play in. Jon Elmore was amazing again with 27 points and 6 assists. They said he was one of the top 5 guys to watch in the NCAA tourney. I agree. Great player.

As for WVU, I’ve been hard on Dax but I’m so glad he’s playing with confidence and finding that shot at the end of his career lately. We need him in the dance to keep playing well.

I’m perplexed that Esa was non existent and down right horrid in Big 12 title after showing up in previous 2 games. You just never know what he will do. Dax, JC, Sags showed up. Everyone else was horrible. WTF! Lamont West may need to go. He brings nothing way too often. He should be mentioned and considered when discussing players who need to go. It’s not just Bender.

I would think most people in WV or from WV would be proud that both WV schools are in the Big Dance, March Madness, NCAA Tournament. Marshall plays an exciting up tempo, offense shoot em down style that scorers will want to play in. Jon Elmore was amazing again with 27 points and 6 assists. They said he was one of the top 5 guys to watch in the NCAA tourney. I agree. Great player.

As for WVU, I’ve been hard on Dax but I’m so glad he’s playing with confidence and finding that shot at the end of his career lately. We need him in the dance to keep playing well.

I’m perplexed that Esa was non existent and down right horrid in Big 12 title after showing up in previous 2 games. You just never know what he will do. Dax, JC, Sags showed up. Everyone else was horrible. WTF! Lamont West may need to go. He brings nothing way too often. He should be mentioned and considered when discussing players who need to go. It’s not just Bender.
Why would WVU fans be proud that Marshall made the tournament?

The only bad thing about Marshall making the Big Dance is that the drumbeats from Governor JJ will be starting up again about renewing the basketball series with WVU.

It’s really not a big deal to play them in bball, much more entertaining than playing some other no name opponent, and if they’re not going to be a drain on the schedule anymore then all the better.

It’s really not a big deal to play them in bball, much more entertaining than playing some other no name opponent, and if they’re not going to be a drain on the schedule anymore then all the better.

Mini U doesn't want any part of Morgantown. Those other no names have no choice. Unless they have a former coach or a player as a coach to get a home game with us.

We should play them every year in both sports. They have beat us before in hoops although we win most years. With this new Marshall coach Dantoni they will always have exciting teams with good WV in state kids that play an uptempo style with no handcuffs that results in big time offense. Going forward this in state fest would grow more popular in WV and nationally.

C’mon Huggs get Marshall back on schedule. Also football wise we need to play them. It’s a fun game in our state.

We should play them every year in both sports. They have beat us before in hoops although we win most years. With this new Marshall coach Dantoni they will always have exciting teams with good WV in state kids that play an uptempo style with no handcuffs that results in big time offense. Going forward this in state fest would grow more popular in WV and nationally.

C’mon Huggs get Marshall back on schedule. Also football wise we need to play them. It’s a fun game in our state.

They will get the guys that Huggs doesn't want.

If WVU and Marshall win we'll see how good Elmore is with Jevon inside his jersey taking the ball away from him. And a severe beating by the Mountaineers might silence the governor's drumbeat for renewing the series. If Marshall comes to Morgantown, fine. We can use the mopup warmup to the season.

Basketball game makes more sense and is much easier to work out the details ...the football game will require a Noble Peace Prize winner to sort out the negotiations, probably argue for two years where to sit down and the size of the table!

This is a great night in the Mountain State. We got WVU and Marshall playing double header conference titles. College hoops alive and well in the great state.

I typically notice that the "great night for the mountain state crowd" are either fake WVU fans or politicians. Well its known fact that die hard Marshall Fans pray for WVU lose every game in every sport.

I'm a WVU fan. If anything in athletics does not have a direct or indirect benefit for the Mountaineers, then I'm either against it or pay no attention to it.

I DON'T CARE WHAT MARSHALL SAYS, THINKS, OR DOES.

So therefore the only great night for the Mountain State is when WVU wins. Every other school is irrelevant.

But that's just me.

I typically notice that the "great night for the mountain state crowd" are either fake WVU fans or politicians. Well its known fact that die hard Marshall Fans pray for WVU lose every game in every sport.

I'm a WVU fan. If anything in athletics does not have a direct or indirect benefit for the Mountaineers, then I'm either against it or pay no attention to it.

I DON'T CARE WHAT MARSHALL SAYS, THINKS, OR DOES.

So therefore the only great night for the Mountain State is when WVU wins. Every other school is irrelevant.

But that's just me.
I'm a Marshall guy....most of us don't want to see WVU lose! What does that do for us?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT