ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Marra Tabbed to Lead WVU Athletics Creative/Digital Media

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (July 18, 2023) – The West Virginia University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has named Bridgeport, West Virginia, native Ross Marra as its new Assistant Athletics Director in charge of creative/digital media.

Marra comes to WVU after spending the last three years at Wake Forest, where he led the creative media and content department for the Demon Deacons. With the Mountaineers, Marra will lead, direct and oversee the content of creative video for all 18 varsity sports, along with the department’s social media platforms and its overall digital information strategies.

“I am honored to come home to West Virginia and work with a great creative staff to deliver powerful storytelling pieces, whether poignant, exciting or both in a creative and meaningful way,” Marra said. “There is a strong foundation here, but the goal will be to further elevate the already well-respected brand of WVU Athletics on the national, regional and local level.

“I know this state, I know this fan base and I certainly know WVU Athletics, which makes this not only a tremendous career opportunity, but a chance to make a difference for a University of which I have been a lifelong fan.”

At Wake Forest, Marra planned, designed and executed all creative content in developing and overhauling the creative department. He directed football and men’s basketball gameday strategy as well as coordinated digital content for all of Wake’s athletic programs. He got his start in Winston Salem as the lead creative content producer for Demon Deacon men’s basketball before being promoted to the overall lead role for the athletics department.

Prior to Wake Forest, Marra spent time at South Carolina leading and developing the creative strategy for the Gamecock men’s basketball program, placing an emphasis on brand messaging and recruiting. He also interned in 2018 and 2019 at West Virginia in its creative unit.

Marra is a 2020 graduate of South Carolina where he received his bachelor’s degree in business management with a minor in sport and entertainment management. He is a 2016 graduate of Bridgeport High School where he played baseball for the Indians and was a member of three straight state championship teams from 2014-16.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT