ADVERTISEMENT

Manchin and Saban

LOL...

You say that as if they were in a park on a sunny day. The chamber was under attack and that was the LAST BARRIER before they got to their targets.

You are so far out of bounds on this argument it's comical.

I'm sure if it was a BLM riot and the cop was white and the terrorist was black you would still totally defend the terrorist right?

Your so transparently bias there's no point to this conversation.
Why didn't the speaker call in the guard?

Income and wealth are not the same thing. As an entrepreneur I'd think you'd be able to understand the difference. You stated earlier that you are a supporter of capitalism yet what you seem to advocate is a redistribution of wealth. The two ideas are not consistent.
Life is filled with gray areas.

Unregulated capitalism is terrible. Over regulation can also be terrible.

I have the ability to understand nuance and varying degrees of influence of public policy.

It's not black and white. The right spot is somewhere in the middle. That's the discussion we should be having.

Too far to either side never works.

Just as side note on this...

The right loves to talk about the good old days in post WW2 America. We've never redistributed wealth more than we did back then.

Redistribution of wealth does plenty of good in capitalism. History proves as much.

Facts: the Trump campaign was anxious to work with Russian agents. The email is out there its a proven fact. It had nothing to do with the dossier.
Except the dossier triggered the investigation that brought that meeting to light. Fruit of the poisonous tree. Weaponizing our Intel apparatus to gather dirt on the opposition party far supersedes anything Trump did.
Fact: Manafort worked for years with Russian agents in The Ukraine and at a minimum he gave internal campaign data to Russian agents when he was trumps campaign manager. That had nothing to do with the dossier.
Open source polling data. Unclear if it was ever used. The known Russian meddling was Facebook ad purchasing focused on both sides. I agree, Manafort was a shady character. Recall, he was removed from the campaign.
Fact: Carter Paige was suspected of being a Russian mark for years before he joined the Trump campaign. It had nothing to do with the dossier.
Carter Page was an Intel asset for the Agency. This information was what the attorney changed the email about.
Regardless of the dossiers origin the Trump campaign had many many documented contacts with the Russians.
An international business magnate with initiatives and holdings in Russia had contacts with Russians? By this logic, the NBA, Nike, Lebron, the NFL, and the majority of major corporations need to be investigated for contacts with the Chinese. They are, after all, our nation’s chief global adversary. Shouldn’t we suspend all foreign dealings with them? It’s comments like these that shows how small minded and out of touch you all are and devoid of any real context.
Fact: the president told the world that he trusted Putin more than he trusted our own intelligence community.
Gee, after he’d found out they used a FISA on Page to spy on his campaign and leak information to the press? Says more about our Intel community and our media than it does about Trump. Again, context matters.
Fact: Donald Trump Jr. himself famously said in 2008 that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”
Annnnnnnnd they had contacts with Russians? Crazy talk. See what I mean about you all lacking context.
You guys can act like none of that matters because the dossier came from the political mud pits. But it does matter.
None of it matters because it’s all lacking context and in this country, our Constitution says those origins matter. They poured over every aspect of the man’s life, his finances, his dealings, his contacts, etc. The best they were able to do was a fired campaign manager providing open sourced polling data to someone he may or may not have known was Russian Intel, and a meeting supposedly to provide dirt on Hillary that in the context of Perkins Coie (she was a paid by) was likely an intentional setup. You wholly underestimate the nasty games these campaigns play with each other. There are trillions of dollars at stake for the party in power to wield. And she proved she was that dirty. The CIA literally told the FBI her campaign was running a Russian Collision Op on Trump. The emails exist. This was uncovered in discovery with Flynn’s trial.
Can you honestly say that if Obama had all those contacts with the Russians during his campaigns you would discount those actions because you didn't like how an investigation was initiated?
Obama was 2 President’s ago. I judged Obama on his shit policy. I didn’t need any other reasons to disagree with him. His administration was dirty as shit.

Except the dossier triggered the investigation that brought that meeting to light. Fruit of the poisonous tree. Weaponizing our Intel apparatus to gather dirt on the opposition party far supersedes anything Trump did.

Open source polling data. Unclear if it was ever used. The known Russian meddling was Facebook ad purchasing focused on both sides. I agree, Manafort was a shady character. Recall, he was removed from the campaign.

Carter Page was an Intel asset for the Agency. This information was what the attorney changed the email about.

An international business magnate with initiatives and holdings in Russia had contacts with Russians? By this logic, the NBA, Nike, Lebron, the NFL, and the majority of major corporations need to be investigated for contacts with the Chinese. They are, after all, our nation’s chief global adversary. Shouldn’t we suspend all foreign dealings with them? It’s comments like these that shows how small minded and out of touch you all are and devoid of any real context.

Gee, after he’d found out they used a FISA on Page to spy on his campaign and leak information to the press? Says more about our Intel community and our media than it does about Trump. Again, context matters.

Annnnnnnnd they had contacts with Russians? Crazy talk. See what I mean about you all lacking context.

None of it matters because it’s all lacking context and in this country, our Constitution says those origins matter. They poured over every aspect of the man’s life, his finances, his dealings, his contacts, etc. The best they were able to do was a fired campaign manager providing open sourced polling data to someone he may or may not have known was Russian Intel, and a meeting supposedly to provide dirt on Hillary that in the context of Perkins Coie (she was a paid by) was likely an intentional setup. You wholly underestimate the nasty games these campaigns play with each other. There are trillions of dollars at stake for the party in power to wield. And she proved she was that dirty. The CIA literally told the FBI her campaign was running a Russian Collision Op on Trump. The emails exist. This was uncovered in discovery with Flynn’s trial.

Obama was 2 President’s ago. I judged Obama on his shit policy. I didn’t need any other reasons to disagree with him. His administration was dirty as shit.
I would have expected more from you on this.

The fact is the actions of Trump and his campaign were terrible for our country.

I would suspect you know that deep down. Hiding behind the letter of the law while shitting on the spirit of the law is no way defend the country.

And yes...I know you were a soldier and you defended the country and I didn't etc etc. Thanks for your service.

Out of all this I'm convinced Lost really does opinions and beliefs so far away from anything this country was founded on the gap is far too wide for ever having common ground. It is a microcosm of our country. Moving on to sports posts

Reactions: WVUgrad90
Out of all this I'm convinced Lost really does opinions and beliefs so far away from anything this country was founded on the gap is far too wide for ever having common ground. It is a microcosm of our country. Moving on to sports posts
What was this country founded on that I don't believe?

All men are created equal. Check

Everyone deserves equal justice under the law. Check

No one is above the law. Check

Thats one hell of a baseless insult to throw out there on your way out the door. Cowardly even.

Just as side note on this...

The right loves to talk about the good old days in post WW2 America. We've never redistributed wealth more than we did back then.

Redistribution of wealth does plenty of good in capitalism. History proves as much.
Wrong. We were coming out of a World War. Taxes were high to rebuild our country not to redistribute wealth. The job of the government is not and should never be to redistribute wealth.

Government spending is out of control and needs to be reined in. The Republican party has problems with spending but the Democratic party is so bad in this regard it's as if they can't handle basic arithmetic.

Reactions: roadtrasheer

The fact is the actions of Trump and his campaign were terrible for our country.

I would suspect you know that deep down. Hiding behind the letter of the law while shitting on the spirit of the law is no way defend the country.

And yes...I know you were a soldier and you defended the country and I didn't etc etc. Thanks for your service.
I’m not sure if you’re referencing the 1st campaign or the 2nd.

The first campaign I’m totally fine with. 100%

You can check my post history, I’ve never agreed with the actions in the wake of the second. I said he should’ve conceded. In retrospect, I’m actually fine with them challenging it in the courts. And I’ve never been ok with Jan 6th. There are elements of it I think are hilarious though, like the guy shitting on Pelosi’s desk. I also think the left’s rhetoric has been comical to listen to. Just yelling at the sky. Literally no one but the die hards gives a shit. Fix the inflation and stop bending me over at the pump. You’ve been in charge for almost a year, stop trying to play shadow games with Trump, it’s your record we’re judging now. And by any count, it fvcking sucks.

Wrong. We were coming out of a World War. Taxes were high to rebuild our country not to redistribute wealth. The job of the government is not and should never be to redistribute wealth.

Government spending is out of control and needs to be reined in. The Republican party has problems with spending but the Democratic party is so bad in this regard it's as if they can't handle basic arithmetic.
Yes...because after the "Battle of Nowhere on US Soil" we needed so much rebuilding.

You definitely have the basics of conservative make believe history down.

It was offered and she said no
I will give Lost a little credit on this one. Everyone pointing blame on this one. Capitol police didn't ask....bad for optics, Trump never offered. He said she said.

Yeah...the prisons are over run with the nonvaxxed!

We're burning them at the stake!

They can't travel or move about!

Please...thats weak sauce bro...
It’s as hyperbolic as the pandemic of the unvaccinated, a pandemic of black oppression, roads are racist, Unarmed black men being gunned down by police, climate change is racist, and all the other stupid shit you all have been bleating about for the last 2 years.

Yes...because after the "Battle of Nowhere on US Soil" we needed so much rebuilding.

You definitely have the basics of conservative make believe history down.
Yes, running a war is free. You are not very good at parsing others words.

The more you type the less I believe you're an entrepreneur. Regardless, I hope you have been very generous to your employees during this holiday season and redistributed some of your own wealth to them...without all the government intervention.

What was this country founded on that I don't believe?

All men are created equal. Check

Everyone deserves equal justice under the law. Check

No one is above the law. Check

Thats one hell of a baseless insult to throw out there on your way out the door. Cowardly even.
I hadn't left yet. Not a coward man but tired of your tyical insults. You've proven where you stand as an American, I don't need to say anything.

LOL...

You say that as if they were in a park on a sunny day. The chamber was under attack and that was the LAST BARRIER before they got to their targets.

You are so far out of bounds on this argument it's comical.

I'm sure if it was a BLM riot and the cop was white and the terrorist was black you would still totally defend the terrorist right?

Your so transparently bias there's no point to this conversation.
So the 50 other cops standing watching the girl with assault rifles saw no threat but the guy hiding being a barrier did?

How is that out of bounds? It's simple logic.

What facts?

He has NO f&4king idea. Typical in that he's more worried about further taxing the 1%, which btw does not begin to address the deficit, than addressing the out of control spending.
Agreed!!! Our deficits biggest hole is social security and medicaid/medicare. Implemented by Roosevelt and LBJ respectively. They fail because it is government run. There is horrible spending on both sides of aisle. The dems historically really like making that splash but can't pay for it. We shouldn't worry though, this spending package is free. Lol. Many believe our budget can't be a net sum zero. I'm not a financial expert, but $29T is too much. There should probably be a phase in of making SS and Medicare private like 401k and HSA's. Instead we want to add more to gov plate.

He has NO f&4king idea. Typical in that he's more worried about further taxing the 1%, which btw does not begin to address the deficit, than addressing the out of control spending.
Oh, and like you said, the spending is wasteful. Programs for all sorts of social experiments. Just fund what is needed to run the country, not cater to every acronym group out there. You can add education to the list of things that shouldn't have been federalized. They've screwed that up too. Anything you want ran efficiently, keep it away from the Fed.

I've been telling you guys for months. He is a walking talking mouthpiece of msnbc. I wouldn't understand if they didn't have it on at the gym. There are about 20 tvs in front of the cardio stations and they always have fox, CNN and msnbc on side by side and it is entertaining to read the captions and see different spin the three put on the same topic but this lost clown is straight msnbc talking points.

The former guy, and a scary amount of others, did everything in their power to stay in office even though he lost the election.

For the first time in our history the transfer of power was interrupted by violence.

That man, knowing that he lost, would not have left office if he wasn't forced to. If the entire senior leadership of the DOJ didn't threaten to resign, if Miley would not have made it clear that he would not have the military's support, if Pence wouldn't have done the right thing...Trump would still be president.

You mention the founders. Their entire idea about how to create a government was based on no one person having unlimited power. That was the whole point. No kings allowed.

The former guy talked openly about wanting to stay in power for ever. Hell...he still does. And given the chance you know he would. It's scary how much support he continues to have given these facts.

The founders would be sickened by this guy. He's exactly what they were trying to prevent.

Discounting all this because he's from one's preferred party is very dangerous. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Is Donald Trump in the White House? No .. system worked ...

Facts: the Trump campaign was anxious to work with Russian agents. The email is out there its a proven fact. It had nothing to do with the dossier.

Fact: Manafort worked for years with Russian agents in The Ukraine and at a minimum he gave internal campaign data to Russian agents when he was trumps campaign manager. That had nothing to do with the dossier.

Fact: Carter Paige was suspected of being a Russian mark for years before he joined the Trump campaign. It had nothing to do with the dossier.

Regardless of the dossiers origin the Trump campaign had many many documented contacts with the Russians.

Fact: the president told the world that he trusted Putin more than he trusted our own intelligence community.

Fact: Donald Trump Jr. himself famously said in 2008 that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

You guys can act like none of that matters because the dossier came from the political mud pits. But it does matter.

Can you honestly say that if Obama had all those contacts with the Russians during his campaigns you would discount those actions because you didn't like how an investigation was initiated?

Of course you would. And rightfully so.

That is another example of my ultimate point. When you give your party a break you wouldn't give the opposing party your putting the will to gain power over the good of the country.

We just can't do that and survive.

FACT... If true NONE of those are illegal under US law. Therefore never should have been an investigation by the Executive Branch run by the opposing political party. All of those are issues the voters can decide and in fact almost everyone one of those assertions was available to the public prior to election day 2016. They still votes for Donald Trump... End of story. He could have been a paid Russian Agent ... Once the American people elected him the story is over. There is no legal case. You want to impeach him.... fine ... You did twice and both times failed to convict. Impeachment is a political process not a legal process ... It has no penalty under law associated with it.

Agreed!!! Our deficits biggest hole is social security and medicaid/medicare. Implemented by Roosevelt and LBJ respectively. They fail because it is government run. There is horrible spending on both sides of aisle. The dems historically really like making that splash but can't pay for it. We shouldn't worry though, this spending package is free. Lol. Many believe our budget can't be a net sum zero. I'm not a financial expert, but $29T is too much. There should probably be a phase in of making SS and Medicare private like 401k and HSA's. Instead we want to add more to gov plate.
Our biggest hole of social security and medicare/medicaid isn't failing because it is government run. Government programs can be run very efficiently (with no directive of making money, they should be) it is the programs that are subject to political parties that end up being poorly managed. They borrow from social security all the time, they shouldn't touch it.

SS may be the single most impactful social fall back program, along with medicare keeping millions of seniors with a base income and health care that they wouldn't have at all. They are both very effective programs. Conservative news channels would never admit there are government programs that are run well, it doesn't fit their narrative. But man, where would we be without these two?

Reactions: WESTBGVA
Yeah right...so devious...

Next thing you know they'll be a Power Point presentation about how to subvert election results and an attack on the Capital to go along with it.

Those darn liberals.
Yeah, now let's talk about all those peaceful protests throughout the US where people were killed and Businesses and buildings were burned....Mmmmmm!

Our biggest hole of social security and medicare/medicaid isn't failing because it is government run. Government programs can be run very efficiently (with no directive of making money, they should be) it is the programs that are subject to political parties that end up being poorly managed. They borrow from social security all the time, they shouldn't touch it.

SS may be the single most impactful social fall back program, along with medicare keeping millions of seniors with a base income and health care that they wouldn't have at all. They are both very effective programs. Conservative news channels would never admit there are government programs that are run well, it doesn't fit their narrative. But man, where would we be without these two?
So it’s run efficiently but they misuse the funds. Government run programs are inefficient. There is a ton of waste in the numbers of government workers needed to run a program. I am at the age where I will soon be needing those programs and they have failed. The premise of the programs are good but the handling has been poor. There is no difference in having this done from a private standpoint except power wouldn’t change every 2 years and it couldn’t be allocated for other things. You would have money sitting in your account like 401k or HSA. If you phase it in, the people that have paid in still get it. You can say the government is efficient. I respectfully disagree. It is nothing near efficient. The VA hospitals, SS, Medicare, education system, IRS are all examples of government run failures.

As I said, I’m NOT saying these programs shouldn’t be there. They should. They just shouldn’t be run by an inefficient government that sees a turnover every 2-4 years. Most people that think our government is efficient probably work for them.

I’ll add. You state where would we be without these two. Well, if they were programs still, but private, we wouldn’t have a $29T deficit. These programs are the two largest in our budget each year. Why do we need to put so much money into them annually if they are efficient and run smoothly? I AM FOR TAKING CARE OF THOSE THAT ARE GETTING OLDER!!!! I’m against a corrupt government running them that continually changes direction.

Of course you would. And rightfully so.

That is another example of my ultimate point. When you give your party a break you wouldn't give the opposing party your putting the will to gain power over the good of the country.

We just can't do that and survive.

Trump is running a business. Biden hasn’t run anything privately in his life. Biden son got millions when dad was 2nd in command and still is to this day. Obama had enough people within the country of ill repute he didn’t need to go outside. Obama and Biden gave money to Iran. They bribed Ukraine. They gave in to China. They are now making money in the private sector, not because they built anything with their own money and risk but because they were in political office. Biden, in a year, has turned his back on our military, the people in Afghanistan, the American public by mandating a vaccine (more deaths this past year than before the vaccine), allowed people to stream across the border without any COVID protocol, hurt national security with the border and Afghanistan, inflation at 40 year high, is against us using our resources in this country but will pay Russia and OPEC for them, blames inflation on meat conglomerates (hilarious), can’t handle the shipping bottleneck, wants to spent trillions in human infrastructure and can’t remember the name of Australian PM, thinks Kamala is president, etc,etc

"When 5% of the people account for over 60% of the taxes paid, I'm not sure how the lower 50% can justify complaining as much as they do."

Lol...thats due to ridiculous income inequality.

The top 5% have a disproportionate amount of the wealth. Thats the problem.

Well, that is a knock at capitalism which you claim to support. It sounds like you want to run your business, stay under the cap, claim wealth inequality and redistribute. How about first we try to fix the problems rather than bandaid the symptoms. There is wealth inequality because people don’t get educated, work hard and take some risks. If the states took back education, a kid gets to choose his K-12 education and is forced to learn it would be a great start for fixing it in a generation. It has taken about a generation for our federal education system to screw it up.

I’ll add. You state where would we be without these two. Well, if they were programs still, but private, we wouldn’t have a $29T deficit. These programs are the two largest in our budget each year. Why do we need to put so much money into them annually if they are efficient and run smoothly? I AM FOR TAKING CARE OF THOSE THAT ARE GETTING OLDER!!!! I’m against a corrupt government running them that continually changes direction.
They need to properly fund it and stop borrowing from it, etc..

The whole premise of SS is those that are working now and paying for it are paying retirees. Worked great for a while, but with the shifting dynamics of retirees and less people in the workforce, it needs to be adjusted. Right now 17% of retirees are 65 and older. That is projected to be 24% by 2060.

The big issue here is it is politicized, we definitely benefited from and need a social fallback for those who didn't have great jobs that provided pensions/401ks. And those that have experience with Medicare that I talk to like the program, doctors included.

I am lucky, I have a job that provides 401k and a pension, so my social security on top of that will provide a comfy retirement. But many, especially in WVa, will have social security only.

They need to properly fund it and stop borrowing from it, etc..

The whole premise of SS is those that are working now and paying for it are paying retirees. Worked great for a while, but with the shifting dynamics of retirees and less people in the workforce, it needs to be adjusted. Right now 17% of retirees are 65 and older. That is projected to be 24% by 2060.

The big issue here is it is politicized, we definitely benefited from and need a social fallback for those who didn't have great jobs that provided pensions/401ks. And those that have experience with Medicare that I talk to like the program, doctors included.

I am lucky, I have a job that provides 401k and a pension, so my social security on top of that will provide a comfy retirement. But many, especially in WVa, will have social security only.
I have a pension & 401k as you by choice not chance. I agree s.s was a great thing & is needed politicians have destroyed it .
People want to spend all they make today , yesterday & forget they get old . Should we not be responsible for our own actions & choices? I dont always like my jobs & I dam sure dont always like making the necessary choices & sacrifices I make to prepare myself for my last 30 years, but in this free country thank God we have choices & nobody should be responsible for your choices but you.

Reactions: DvlDog4WVU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT