ADVERTISEMENT

Lighten the mood a little. What is your favorite cut of steak?

The beef was donated by a beef distributor. I'm guessing it was Choice. I judged the teen competition during the afternoon and the main competition was in the evening which I left before it got started. The teen winner was a ribeye cooked over a hardwood open fire (I think it was white oak) with minimum seasoning and finished with a compound butter. Hands down winner out of the 18 competitors. I don't know what won the main competition. Lot of fun for a great cause raising money for breast cancer research.

Were there any Leftist environmentalist wacko animal rights anti-cruelty Vegetarian types there complaining about meat eaters Bru?

Probably not.

Nice story though.

Last edited:
The beef was donated by a beef distributor. I'm guessing it was Choice. I judged the teen competition during the afternoon and the main competition was in the evening which I left before it got started. The teen winner was a ribeye cooked over a hardwood open fire (I think it was white oak) with minimum seasoning and finished with a compound butter. Hands down winner out of the 18 competitors. I don't know what won the main competition. Lot of fun for a great cause raising money for breast cancer research.
Lucky you....sound like it was great fun for a great cause. You live in Atlanta...correct? Was the distributor...Buckhead? Used to do a lot of business with them.

Lucky you....sound like it was great fun for a great cause. You live in Atlanta...correct? Was the distributor...Buckhead? Used to do a lot of business with them.
Yes. Very quality company. Yes, my past restaurant background relationships got me an invitation to be a lucky judge. I'll sign up for that job everytime it comes around. lol

Yes. Very quality company. Yes, my past restaurant background relationships got me an invitation to be a lucky judge. I'll sign up for that job everytime it comes around. lol
The guy that founded Buckhead Beef, Howard Halpern left them years ago and started Halpern's Steak and Seafood.

Where are you guys with finishing salts? I use a nice maldon salt to finish my steaks and it really sets it off. Love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT