ADVERTISEMENT

Lathan

For a three-star recruit, the Lathan kid has a nice offer list with 30 offers, including several from SEC schools. He's small for a linebacker, but he might turn out to be a good college safety.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Small😂

Linebacker was one of the hardest positions to evaluate because of the RPO.

It picks on the Linebackers.

So today majority of LBs are coming in at 190-215
Those 240 LBs coming out of HS are the ones who really get picked on. If they have an explosive first step they can end up an edge rusher

Most of them end up like Dylan Moses. Sad thing is idiots had him as a first round pick in their mock drafts last year.
Wasn’t even drafted

Small😂

Those 240 LBs coming out of HS are the ones who really get picked on. If they have an explosive first step they can end up an edge rusher

Most of them end up like Dylan Moses. Sad thing is idiots had him as a first round pick in their mock drafts last year.
Wasn’t even drafted
He's listed at 207 pounds, which is only 100 pounds more than you, little lady. He'd get steamrolled in the B1G, if he were a linebacker.

• Haha
Not going to continue to argue stupidity.

Coverage skills are valued at LB…
Even for Ohio State. Your LBs were abused by Alabama.
Most of these schools will give up size for speed at the LB position
If you can find one who can fly around at 240 that is different. But those thumpers usually get exposed in coverage

TCU showed you are wrong against Wisconsin 10+ years ago in the Rose Bowl

DL takes up the OL so those OL can’t get a helmet to the second level
This allows the LBs/DBs to fly in and make tackles behind or near the LOS

DL is important. You need size or at least the ability to take up blocks or to get off blocks

Not going to continue to argue stupidity.

Coverage skills are valued at LB…
Even for Ohio State. Your LBs were abused by Alabama.
Most of these schools will give up size for speed at the LB position
If you can find one who can fly around at 240 that is different. But those thumpers usually get exposed in coverage

TCU showed you are wrong against Wisconsin 10+ years ago in the Rose Bowl
207 pounds is close to the average weight of WVU's safeties. None of WVU's starting linebackers will be less than 226 pounds. Cowan will start at around 245 pounds. You're arguing for the sake of arguing. No linebacker in college football could cover the Heisman Trophy Winner, who weighed less than a buck 80, so you're just being Captain Obvious, as usual. Nobody cares about has been TCU.

DL takes up the OL so those OL can’t get a helmet to the second level
This allows the LBs/DBs to fly in and make tackles behind or near the LOS

DL is important. You need size or at least the ability to take up blocks or to get off blocks
You're veering off course, unless your delusional thinking has convinced you that defensive linemen will be 207 pounds soon, too, and Lathan will be lining up at the nose.

😆

• Haha
18 year old will add muscle
10-15 pounds of muscle can be added after a S&C program.

If 200 pound DL can prove to be the key to stopping offenses teams will use them.

Your point is incorrect. No one cares what the B1G is doing
If they want to bring in 240+ LB that is their choice
But teams will exploit those LBs in coverage and those LBs won’t be drafted by the NFL

Like the best LB in the B1G last couple of years
Paddy Fisher. Undrafted as well

Tony Fields was drafted though
He entered college 6-2 205😂

Because he can drop back in coverage
NFL has the same issues some of these colleges have
But they have more access to the type of athletes needed

Tony Fields was drafted though
He entered college 6-2 205😂

Because he can drop back in coverage
NFL has the same issues some of these colleges have
But they have more access to the type of athletes needed
What a lie. Fields is 6 feet tall and weighed 222 pounds this past season. Did he shrink by two inches during college? LOL How many of those slow linebackers at the B1G's best program wrere drafted, cherry picker? At least three that I recall. Who cares whether a lightly recruited linebacker at Northwestern was drafted. You're off the rails.

• Haha
Ohio State hasn’t done particularly well at the LB position
So I don’t know what you are bragging about

They don’t have many LBs in the NFL
Actually only one starter. Malik Harrison.
Some people are high on Baron Browning but he didn’t do well in college.
Denver has a great defensive staff so we will see. But even they want to flood the field with DBs

Small😂

Wasn’t even drafted

Always funny when a band geek that never played a down of legit football drops by with his worldly wisdom.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
You overplay that too much. Most of the time you look clueless

You told everyone that you understood OL play. I gave you your chance.
As always you came up empty because you have no clue what you are looking at with these OL recruits

😂
You probably weren’t even a band geek. Takes dedication and skill to learn an instrument.
Probably too much for you.

Anyone complaining about LBs that are too small is an idiot
I guess if they are 6-0 or below and 200 pounds.
But anyone 6-0+ 200 pounds that has these traits is what you are looking for

1)Football IQ. Just being there. Being able to see the play happen before it develops
2) Coverage ability
3) This covers up for #1 but isn’t as important as before because of the amount of space
That is the ability to use athletic ability to cover up mistakes made
Was much easier without the RPO.
QBs are taught to read the LBs today. It puts some of these players out there on an island. Reason why the position became so difficult
We have seen some classic thumpers at LB not live up to expectation.

Ohio State hasn’t done particularly well at the LB position
So I don’t know what you are bragging about

They don’t have many LBs in the NFL
Actually only one starter. Malik Harrison.
Some people are high on Baron Browning but he didn’t do well in college.
Denver has a great defensive staff so we will see. But even they want to flood the field with DBs
Browning was a five-star from Texas, who shunned the Longhorns, just as so many have done in recent years. He was drafted much higher than Fields, and weighs 240 pounds. Linebacker hasn't been Ohio State's strength in recent years, but DBs, DEs, and WRs sure have been. Texas hasn't been producing hardly any NFL players these days, which would embarrass you, if you were truly a Longhorns' fan, but you're not, as evidenced by your posting on a WVU board at 1:50 a.m., as usual.

• Love
To be fair, Texas has more 5 star players than Ohio has 4 and 5 star players combined. This doesn't even mention the dozens more 4 star players the state has.

So, Texas schools rarely even have to leave their own state to get the quality of players that other schools, including OSU, must get to compete at high standards.

Not a slam towards any program(s), just a simple matter of population.

UT is doing pretty good at keeping those players home, as evidenced by their current recruiting rank. Developing those players into a national championship contender is a different story.

Browning was a five-star from Texas, who shunned the Longhorns, just as so many have done in recent years. He was drafted much higher than Fields, and weighs 240 pounds. Linebacker hasn't been Ohio State's strength in recent years, but DBs, DEs, and WRs sure have been. Texas hasn't been producing hardly any NFL players these days, which would embarrass you, if you were truly a Longhorns' fan, but you're not, as evidenced by your posting on a WVU board at 1:50 a.m., as usual.
Also, in the name of fairness, you calling out another poster for not "truly being a ....fan, ... as evidenced by your posting on a WVU board..." comes across as being completely ironic considering you have exactly as many posts on OSU boards as TVZ does on UT's.

It appears you both assumed the identity of fans of "better" schools to give yourselves more prestige/respect or comeuppance on this message board, when, in fact, you really have no allegiance to said school at all.

Either way, you both failed.

Also, in the name of fairness, you calling out another poster for not "truly being a ....fan, ... as evidenced by your posting on a WVU board..." comes across as being completely ironic considering you have exactly as many posts on OSU boards as TVZ does on UT's.

It appears you both assumed the identity of fans of "better" schools to give yourselves more prestige/respect or comeuppance on this message board, when, in fact, you really have no allegiance to said school at all.

Either way, you both failed.
You're a liar, and not worth my time. Run along now, and find somebody who cares what you think.

To be fair, Texas has more 5 star players than Ohio has 4 and 5 star players combined. This doesn't even mention the dozens more 4 star players the state has.

So, Texas schools rarely even have to leave their own state to get the quality of players that other schools, including OSU, must get to compete at high standards.

Not a slam towards any program(s), just a simple matter of population.

UT is doing pretty good at keeping those players home, as evidenced by their current recruiting rank. Developing those players into a national championship contender is a different story.
You know so little about this subject that it's laughable, so I'll educate you. Texas always has a Top 20 recruiting class, so this year is no different in that respect. What's been different since Mack Brown was pushed out several years ago is that Texas has been losing more and more of their very best recruits in recent years. Five-star 2022 recruits Quinn Ewers (#1 recruit in America) and Caleb Burton are two very recent examples, but Donovan Jackson, Garrett Wilson, Baron Browning, and Jeff Okudah prove my point, as well. All of these guys were Texas five stars, who traveled far from home to excel in Columbus. J.K. Dobbins was a stellar four-star recruit, who did the same. Brunch has been served.

You're a liar, and not worth my time. Run along now, and find somebody who cares what you think.
Everytime you get owned....you call people a liar.

Can you explain that to the board please?

Seems to me you lied....or are you going to post as osugrad? I WANT that BL account.

You know so little about this subject that it's laughable, so I'll educate you. Texas always has a Top 20 recruiting class, so this year is no different in that respect. What's been different since Mack Brown was pushed out several years ago is that Texas has been losing more and more of their very best recruits in recent years. Five-star 2022 recruits Quinn Ewers (#1 recruit in America) and Caleb Burton are two very recent examples, but Donovan Jackson, Garrett Wilson, Baron Browning, and Jeff Okudah prove my point, as well. All of these guys were Texas five stars, who traveled far from home to excel in Columbus. J.K. Dobbins was a stellar four-star recruit, who did the same. Brunch has been served.
I know reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit.

If you'll notice in my previous thread, I stated that although Texas has always recruited well, mostly with in-state players, developing them into a national championship contender has eluded them. So, in your weak attempt to flame, you simply restated the point I already posted.

Congrats?

Perhaps it might be wise to consider why these recruits are leaving? If UT (or A&M, etc.) were playing for championships these highly rated recruits wouldn't be leaving home. Still, all those recent recruits you named have exactly the same number of championships won as the ones who went to UT - zero. So, both schools have a the same hill to climb before they can claim anything.

I know reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit.

If you'll notice in my previous thread, I stated that although Texas has always recruited well, mostly with in-state players, developing them into a national championship contender has eluded them. So, in your weak attempt to flame, you simply restated the point I already posted.

Congrats?

Perhaps it might be wise to consider why these recruits are leaving? If UT (or A&M, etc.) were playing for championships these highly rated recruits wouldn't be leaving home. Still, all those recent recruits you named have exactly the same number of championships won as the ones who went to UT - zero. So, both schools have a the same hill to climb before they can claim anything.
So, national championships are all that matters in your delusional world? You have no reason to be a college football fan then. Moreover, if you can't see the difference in the performance of the two programs in the last decade, then there is no help for you. By the way, four-stars J.T. Barrett, Dontre Wilson, and Demitrius Knox, all of whom left Texas to attend Ohio State, enjoyed their 2014-15 national title rings. Keeping stalking me, and I'll keep making a fool out of you.

You really cannot read well, can you?

So, 3 players out of what, 85 or so, left the state of Texas and you consider that a major recruiting haul? Would those 3 players have helped UT win the championship instead?

You're so wrapped up in your hatred of TVZ you can't see the many flaws in your own arguments.
I'm not stalking you, I'm simply showing you the (many) errors of your thinking and logic.

So, 3 players out of what, 85 or so, left the state of Texas and you consider that a major recruiting haul? Would those 3 players have helped UT win the championship instead?

You're so wrapped up in your hatred of TVZ you can't see the many flaws in your own arguments.
I'm not stalking you, I'm simply showing you the (many) errors of your thinking and logic
In his unhinged mind....

posting = stalking
posting = meltdown

I'm not stalking you, I'm simply showing you the (many) errors of your thinking and logic.
Three players left the State of Texas? Three? Do you only have three fingers and one hand, and can't count higher than that? I rattled off 10 highly-rated guys who left Texas to play for a perennial CFP team, moron. This includes the very highest recruit in America for 2022. You're embarrassing yourself here. Stick to posting novels about conspiracy theories in your endless crusade to rid this board of all non-WVU homer fans, and leave the recruiting business to those of us who know something about it.

The King is definitely not only a fan of tOSU, but also a graduate of tOSU.

Stinky, don't be like WVUFF (or even Townes & Company for that matter).

There's only one fraudulent poster on this forum, and that's the band of three dozen or so profiles that share a common Rick Cranium brain.

Three players left the State of Texas? Three? Do you only have three fingers and one hand, and can't count higher than that? I rattled off 10 highly-rated guys who left Texas to play for a perennial CFP team, moron. This includes the very highest recruit in America for 2022. You're embarrassing yourself here. Stick to posting novels about conspiracy theories in your endless crusade to rid this board of all non-WVU homer fans, and leave the recruiting business to those of us who know something about it.
There you go again, changing the parameters of the argument to fit your narrative.

First, 3 played on the last championship team. Out of how many - 85+? Not a big number there. Of course, you could be arguing they were such super talents that if UT had them, it would have be THEY that won that year? Is that the case?

Second, for giggles, you know how many scholarship players there were on the 2005 UT national championship team from outside the state of Texas - 4. Every year, the average is around a couple of handfuls at most. UT doesn't need to go out of state, like Ohio, to get big talent because they have more than enough right there at home. Now, UT has to develop that talent into something they haven't since 2005 or so.

Third, because you still didn't get it with the previous posts, I'll say it even simpler for your limited intellect - OSU has shown they do a better job of developing their players into championship caliber teams than Texas does. They don't win, but they are closer to it than UT right now.

Fourth, I wouldn't be throwing my chest out bragging about getting Texas recruits. Teams with more Texas recruits tend not to win anything. So, if the numbers continue to bear out, OSU will continue to be like Oklahoma - a team with Texas recruits who CAN'T QUITE reach the summit or become UT and start to win even less.

Fifth, right now, OSU is winning on paper. You know who is right behind them? Yep, UT who doesn't have to leave its own state to get recruits. Those 7 names you mentioned, you can lump them in with UT's, WVU's, and even Marshall's - ones that haven't won anything yet. Paper recruiting titles mean nothing until you beat Nick Saban or Dabo on the field.

Finally, you THINK you know something about recruiting? Prove it... give me your bona fides. Otherwise, you're just another armchair recruiting know-it-all who really knows nothing.

The King is definitely not only a fan of tOSU, but also a graduate of tOSU.

Stinky, don't be like WVUFF (or even Townes & Company for that matter).

There's only one fraudulent poster on this forum, and that's the band of three dozen or so profiles that share a common Rick Cranium brain.
No way I'd believe that.

If true, the value of a diploma from OSU doesn't mean much, does it? Seriously, is there a poster with a lower reading comprehension ability on this board?

Man, TVZ really messes with your minds, doesn't he? While you claim TVZ has three dozen profiles you're ok with Coal on at least his second (after the ban?) and Greg's claim that multiple posters use his?

If you're going to be taking the high road so to speak, at least be consistent across the board. Call them all out.

Classic! Complete beatdown of weirdo @TownesVanZandt

• Haha
207 pounds is close to the average weight of WVU's safeties. None of WVU's starting linebackers will be less than 226 pounds. Cowan will start at around 245 pounds. You're arguing for the sake of arguing. No linebacker in college football could cover the Heisman Trophy Winner, who weighed less than a buck 80, so you're just being Captain Obvious, as usual. Nobody cares about has been TCU.

Beatdown continues 😂. A pleasure to follow.

18 year old will add muscle
10-15 pounds of muscle can be added after a S&C program.

If 200 pound DL can prove to be the key to stopping offenses teams will use them.

Your point is incorrect. NO ONE CARES WHAT THE BIG IS DOING
If they want to bring in 240+ LB that is their choice
But teams will exploit those LBs in coverage and those LBs won’t be drafted by the NFL

Like the best LB in the B1G last couple of years
Paddy Fisher. Undrafted as well

Man are you a nimrod. You can’t be this stupid can you?

• Haha
You overplay that too much. Most of the time you look clueless

You told everyone that you understood OL play. I gave you your chance.
As always you came up empty because you have no clue what you are looking at with these OL recruits

😂
You probably weren’t even a band geek. Takes dedication and skill to learn an instrument.
Probably too much for you.

Anyone complaining about LBs that are too small is an idiot
I guess if they are 6-0 or below and 200 pounds.
But anyone 6-0+ 200 pounds that has these traits is what you are looking for

1)Football IQ. Just being there. Being able to see the play happen before it develops
2) Coverage ability
3) This covers up for #1 but isn’t as important as before because of the amount of space
That is the ability to use athletic ability to cover up mistakes made
Was much easier without the RPO.
QBs are taught to read the LBs today. It puts some of these players out there on an island. Reason why the position became so difficult
We have seen some classic thumpers at LB not live up to expectation.

Did you really post your BS at 1:50am in the morning. You are without question the biggest POS on the internet. Dude I’ve forgotten more football than your band geek ass will ever know. I’ve been around the game on the inside for most of my life. If you knew my background and the people I’m around you’d be embarrassed and apologize. But it will be humorous watching you deny, emotionally, that you’re overmatched on all levels conversing with me. After all these years isn’t time for you to move on back to the Texas site? Oh wait! You’re a weird lying sack of shit that has infected this site with 26 cancer handles. You can’t leave because this is all you have.

@spartansstink checkmate geek you lose 😂

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT