ADVERTISEMENT

Kendall hospitalized with infection in throwing hand

One also played Howard.

Good athlete, decent arm and experienced but not a great QB.Plus he has much better RBs and OL at Maryland. He would get absolutely killed here at WVU. Watch him the last few weeks. They benched him in the Penn State game because he was making horrible decisions when he didn't have to.

Kendall for the most part has made some decent decisions and has had to carry the offense.
Rewatch that pass to Wheaton to end the game. Just little things that are going unnoticed. Guy has to win the game by himself and very few QBs at this level can right now. Eventually he probably could.

Only two transfer QBs are better
Fields and Hurts
. Didn't have a chance with either one
So much is wrong with your post, but I will just hit the high spots:

(1) The other played FCS James Madison;

(2) 10 touchdown passes and 4 interceptions would not get you killed in Morgantown;

(3) Rewatch all four of the interceptions Saturday, and tell me that one pass wasn't obviously underthrown, and that the others were not forced into tight coverage (incidentally Brian Griese disagrees with you and others with a clear agenda to protect the confidence of the QB);

(4) Kelly Bryant is better, too.

Jackson has a better OL around him and RBs.

He isn't in Kendall's class.

The 4 interceptions
1) Texas went to a Tampa 2 and dropped the MLB. Something they didn't do on the first drive. I think he was surprised by this.

2) The ball was obviously tipped at the LOS. The CB made an unbelievable play on the ball

3) Safety broke up the pass. Can blame Kendall as well as the WR

4) WR ran the wrong route

Sometimes in a game like that you have to let your balls hang and Kendall did.

You aren't given him credit for the passes he completed in tight windows I see.

Howard is no where close to James Madison in football.
Howard is getting blown out at the FCS level.

JMU is ranked #2 at that level

Those same people would want more picks and fewer TDs, too, right?

70-137 / 51.1% / 968 / 7.1 yd avg / 10 TD / 4 int / QBR 45.1 / Rating 128.7

90-125 / 65.8% / 1,238 / 6.5 yd avg / 9 TD / 7 int / QBR 46.3 / Rating 128.8

Wonder Who is who?

Some people are just dumb and you qualify for that list.

Stay in the woodshed for your troll games.

Howard is no where close to James Madison in football.
Howard is getting blown out at the FCS level.

JMU is ranked #2 at that level
You're comparing one FCS school to another. They're both FCS schools, and WVU has never lost to an FCS school. A cupcake is a cupcake is a cupcake.

Reactions: Rootmaster
70-137 / 51.1% / 968 / 7.1 yd avg / 10 TD / 4 int / QBR 45.1 / Rating 128.7

90-125 / 65.8% / 1,238 / 6.5 yd avg / 9 TD / 7 int / QBR 46.3 / Rating 128.8

Wonder Who is who?

Some people are just dumb and you qualify for that list.

Stay in the woodshed for your troll games.
Incredibly similar numbers, as I posted before. Just imagine what Jackson would do in Holgorsen's offense. Holgorsen even made Skylar Howard look good.

Jackson has a better OL around him and RBs.

He isn't in Kendall's class.

The 4 interceptions
1) Texas went to a Tampa 2 and dropped the MLB. Something they didn't do on the first drive. I think he was surprised by this.

2) The ball was obviously tipped at the LOS. The CB made an unbelievable play on the ball

3) Safety broke up the pass. Can blame Kendall as well as the WR

4) WR ran the wrong route

Sometimes in a game like that you have to let your balls hang and Kendall did.

You aren't given him credit for the passes he completed in tight windows I see.
He threw into coverage every time. Texas' DBs were right there to make great plays on the second and third INTs. Regardless of the route, the fourth INT never should have been thrown, as Campbell was clearly behind the defender, and the ball hit the defender in the chest. #Excuses

Incredibly similar numbers, as I posted before. Just imagine what Jackson would do in Holgorsen's offense. Holgorsen even made Skylar Howard look good.

Yet the defense would give up 50 a game. Offensive numbers or not Holgorsen would struggle to go 6-6 or 7-5. It's Holg's DNA no matter who plays QB.

I still doubt Jackson would even come to WVU. No document of such. Only the info from a member on a message board and the Independent WVNews magazine.

Jackson also jumped into the transfer portal late.

Holg's left the program Jan. 1, 2019

Kendall transferred to WVU Jan 14th, 2019. Kendall put his name in the Portal Jan. 11th, 2019. Josh Jackson didn't put his name in the portal until after Jan. 24th, 2019.

Many programs with a need at quarterback had already signed players. Oklahoma landed Jalen Hurts, Ohio State signed Justin Fields, West Virginia added Austin Kendall and Miami is brought in Tate Martell.

So glancing at this thread receivers and other things are still to blame for his plain and simple poor play? A deep route hes wide open he misses the throw that's not cutting a route off Even his throw against Texas James got open deep and outside the ball was short and inside James made a great catch. So let's chase away future receivers by saying this sorry qb accuracy isneverybodys fault except the qb, that should help

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
If you need to, pull up the youtube video of the game on Saturday.

Interception 1: Totally on Kendall. The linebacker runs into position late and drops into the seam. He never saw him after making a pre-snap read.

#2: 50/50 on both QB and WR. Kendall made a less than stellar throw. If he makes that throw perfectly its probably a TD. Longer throws, which this one was, are a little more difficult to place with precision. However, still a catchable ball. James doesn't help his QB out by high-pointing the ball and gets the ball wrangled away from him by a great play by the corner (who did high-point it btw). This is just the result of his youth and inexperience. Last year, Stills or Jennings would have made that catch. 3 years ago, they wouldn't. Same thing here.

#3. Again 50/50. Kendall does 2 things wrong here. First, never looked at his TE who was WIDE open and stares down his intended receiver, giving the UT safety a quicker break on the ball. Ryan, on the other hand, doesn't sink his hips and pivot. Instead, he rounds his route off 2 yards too deep when UT was conceding the hitch at the sticks.

#4 Totally on the WR. The receiver made a junior high move. Instead of sticking his foot in the ground and squaring off his out route he just rounded it off, allowing the defender to break on the ball with a better route to the football than its intended target. Kendall threw it to where he was supposed to be, not where he ended up due to bad technique.

Kendall is from NC...apparently quite a few coaches thought highly of him... in terms of offers he had..Clemson, Auburn, Miami, and Oklahoma among others..if Brown thinks he's the best option he probably is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT