ADVERTISEMENT

" Kansas would be a Bowl team if they played MU's

Thank you...I knew my MBA from WVU would lead to high office!

Maybe you should apply for the Sports Information Director at Marshall...........if they can afford to pay someone for that job given the CUSA payout.

Maybe you should apply for the Sports Information Director at Marshall...........if they can afford to pay someone for that job given the CUSA payout.
Too easy a job for my tastes, " Marshall wins again", what more needs to be said unless it's to point out the injustice of the pop tax!

Yes, but in my defense my fraternity brothers often led me to strong drink...much of that year seems to be a fog!

Yep, I have no doubt that's true. In 1977 it was probably more than just drink as well. :) For me that year was 1989. :cool2:

Too easy a job for my tastes, " Marshall wins again", what more needs to be said unless it's to point out the injustice of the pop tax!

Maybe a better line would be "Marshall defeats another team that won't finish the year with a winning record." And the pop tax does not support WVU athletics, it goes to WVU Health Care, which serves everyone in the state.

Maybe a better line would be "Marshall defeats another team that won't finish the year with a winning record." And the pop tax does not support WVU athletics, it goes to WVU Health Care, which serves everyone in the state.
What about MU health care and it's funding source?

I think your right, Tony. Sonny was a buddy of my Dad's. I know I was heading into my Sr. year at WVU when Sonny showed up in the front yard of my step-mom's house early one morning looking the old Man. Dad, of course, was out of town.

He's damned lucky my he wasn't carried out of there feet first. Sonny scared the Hell out of my stepmom and my half-siblings driving up on the lawn. My step-mom was a tough woman, I don't what kept her from shooting him before he came into plain sight?

Is Sonny still alive and has he calmed down? He was Hell on wheels when he was younger. He wasn't much of a coach, but he was always a heck of a lot of fun. If you ever run into him, have him tell you the one about him and Jim Brown at the Pro Bowl. Vernon like this board ran semi-clean, that saga isn't even close.

What about MU health care and it's funding source?

The pop tax was in effect long before Marshall ever offered a medical degree. WVU Health Care provides thousands of jobs all across the state, and serves anyone and everyone regardless of whether they are insured or not. That's what the pop tax does. I don't think I've ever seen Marshall Health Care anywhere outside of Cabell County.

I think your right, Tony. Sonny was a buddy of my Dad's. I know I was heading into my Sr. year at WVU when Sonny showed up in the front yard of my step-mom's house early one morning looking the old Man. Dad, of course, was out of town.

He's damned lucky my he wasn't carried out of there feet first. Sonny scared the Hell out of my stepmom and my half-siblings driving up on the lawn. My step-mom was a tough woman, I don't what kept her from shooting him before he came into plain sight?

Is Sonny still alive and has he calmed down? He was Hell on wheels when he was younger. He wasn't much of a coach, but he was always a heck of a lot of fun. If you ever run into him, have him tell you the one about him and Jim Brown at the Pro Bowl. Vernon like this board ran semi-clean, that saga isn't even close.
Sonny was always entertaining and to my knowledge still is kicking! The guy handed off a much better football program to Parrish than he inherited from Ellwood, deserves some credit for where we are today.

The pop tax was in effect long before Marshall ever offered a medical degree. WVU Health Care provides thousands of jobs all across the state, and serves anyone and everyone regardless of whether they are insured or not. That's what the pop tax does. I don't think I've ever seen Marshall Health Care anywhere outside of Cabell County.
Maybe if it was funded you would!

Maybe if it was funded you would!

Contact your legislators.........there's nothing I can do about it. In the meantime if you have medical needs, you can rest assured that you can get some of your '"unjust" pop tax dollars back by visiting WVU Health Care. They don't care where you went to school.

Contact your legislators.........there's nothing I can do about it. In the meantime if you have medical needs, you can rest assured that you can get some of your '"unjust" pop tax dollars back by visiting WVU Health Care. They don't care where you went to school.
Please Buzz, my request if incapacitated is to send me to OSU! Thanks!

Please Buzz, my request if incapacitated is to send me to OSU! Thanks!

I'm not sure that your family would give two hoots about my concerns if you're in a medical situation, but someone up at Ruby would give you excellent care. The "unjust" pop tax would help cover the cost.

I'm not sure that your family would give two hoots about my concerns if you're in a medical situation, but someone up at Ruby would give you excellent care. The "unjust" pop tax would help cover the cost.
...but not as good as OSU Medical Center!

Sonny was always entertaining and to my knowledge still is kicking! The guy handed off a much better football program to Parrish than he inherited from Ellwood, deserves some credit for where we are today.

Dad's been dead for about seven years. I've lost track of Sonny in the years since.

They went to Fork Union together as teenagers. They stayed tight over the years. It's hard for people to believe now, but Sonny was considered the one of the fastest men in the NFL until Bullet Bob Hayes came along. I think he still held some track records in Virginia before things went from yards to meters?

Sonny is something else.

Wow, I was a student at MU in 1977 but don't remember that beat down....back then OU was I-A and we were I-AA. I think that was the year before Sonny Randle came to town.

FYI: The NCAA did not split the colleges into 1-A / 1-AA until 1978.

Dad's been dead for about seven years. I've lost track of Sonny in the years since.

They went to Fork Union together as teenagers. They stayed tight over the years. It's hard for people to believe now, but Sonny was considered the one of the fastest men in the NFL until Bullet Bob Hayes came along. I think he still held some track records in Virginia before things went from yards to meters?

Sonny is something else.
Sonny was a All American at UVA and is in the Cardinals HOF as a NFL player. Failed as the Head Coach at UVA which has been a graveyard for 75 years and I guess failed at MU but he was a hero in my book. Left a much better program than he got!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT