ADVERTISEMENT

Just when I was started to like Dana (a little)

I hope it's not Bowden, that guy is one cheeseburger short of a heart attack. No thanks to Butch. RR I could live with I just hope he would get a real DC and put Casteel out to the pasture.

I still we should take a long look at Rob Ambrose from Towson.

I hope it's not Bowden, that guy is one cheeseburger short of a heart attack. No thanks to Butch. RR I could live with I just hope he would get a real DC and put Casteel out to the pasture.

I thought Rich already fired Casteel.

We now know Dana was offered a contract to extend his years at WVU with a raise, but he turned it down (and we know have recruits saying the program is not stable).

Dana is holding our program hostage. In part do to a bad deal Clements and Luck gave him.

I hope all your guys that bullied people on this board for not buying into what Clements and Luck were selling with Dana can now see the signs along the way that made this outcome obvious. Some of us that have been around the program for decades know understand that hiring people is not like playing some game of moving pieces around on a board. Clements, Luck, and Dana were all new to jobs that leaves Gee and Lyons in a position fix a big problem.

I wonder what all the message board bullies say now that they know they are wrong.

WOW did Lyons feed you these lies, or did you come up with them by yourself. DH was offered an extension, but no raise and a reduced buyout. Yea the program is unstable but blame that on a guy who is out of his depth as a P5 AD. Lyons has no freaking clue what he is doing, and is screwing up any progress the FB program has made transitioning from the BE to a true power conference.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were Peilini. Gee would probably contact Tressel for opinions and remember, Pelini and Tressel are both Youngstown guys....

But...Tressel's at Akron now. Maybe he'd be flattering of Bowden too, LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were Peilini. Gee would probably contact Tressel for opinions and remember, Pelini and Tressel are both Youngstown guys....

But...Tressel's at Akron now. Maybe he'd be flattering of Bowden too, LOL.

This fan base would hate Pelini although I admit his tenure in Morgantown would be entertaining. If 5150 thinks Dana is bad at kissing the asses of boosters, just wait till Bo Pelini steps foot on campus, lol.

This fan base would hate Pelini although I admit his tenure in Morgantown would be entertaining. If 5150 thinks Dana is bad at kissing the asses of boosters, just wait till Bo Pelini steps foot on campus, lol.
I think its already been stated in this thread who Lyons and Gee might have on a short list. MSU coach and Temple coach. They both have been contacted in the recent past. Guy at MSU wants out Temple guy looking. After that who knows but my bet is it Rich way before Bowden. Who ever is hired they will need to be our promoting the program.

Well, those in the know understand both of those guys are in play. I am not sure they end up in Morgantown but both looking.

You say...........'those in the know' know what guys are in play. Are you one of those guys? I am in touch with the 'shiny shoes' hourly and they aren't saying a mumbling word. You ain't bonafide with just 24 posts!

You say...........'those in the know' know what guys are in play. Are you one of those guys? I am in touch with the 'shiny shoes' hourly and they aren't saying a mumbling word. You ain't bonafide with just 24 posts!

Don't fall into the trap that saying a lot over a long period of time means that there was any worthy content. Blowhards are seldom of any value and this board has more than a few. It has been my experience that those that seldom speak tend to listen more and thus when they do speak, what they say has merit. Do not misjudge my reply as an endorsement of AllEers6 as I am only reminding you that many that know something have long since realized it is pointless to say it on this board.

Don't fall into the trap that saying a lot over a long period of time means that there was any worthy content. Blowhards are seldom of any value and this board has more than a few. It has been my experience that those that seldom speak tend to listen more and thus when they do speak, what they say has merit. Do not misjudge my reply as an endorsement of AllEers6 as I am only reminding you that many that know something have long since realized it is pointless to say it on this board.

CharlestonCarl...................I agree. It's the old 'my daddy can beat up your daddy' thing. By the way, I refer to everyone as either Boy or Carl. The PaperBoy knows where I'm coming from.

Last edited:
If it's pointless to say anything.. ..then why point it out ?

'Insider' trying to explain why he still isn't giving anything insider worthy... ...is still just another poster.

Well, those in the know understand both of those guys are in play. I am not sure they end up in Morgantown but both looking.
well, its funny, because I have heard both names mentioned as well. I heard the guy from Temple several times back in December. The coach at MSU wants out for some reason. He coached at Syracuse, Bowling Green (Donnie N connection), and played football at a small school in PA. Im hearing that if MSU cant lock him up it will be the first school that gets his attention. As for the guy from Temple, well his name is starting look like the new hot up and coming name for next season. I agree that I don't want Bowden.

actually, this fanbase is in for a rude awakening lol. Demanding better than 4-5th place in a real P5 conference and claiming we should pay LESS than what Dana was getting as the 8th highest paid coach in a 10 team Big 12. And thinking it was too much money lol. Then trying to find top assistants while offering year to year contracts lol. Should be interesting to sit back and watch it all unfold. A true circus as the OP put it.

Reactions: EERS 2 Ya
The decision to eliminate multi-year assistant contracts is what concerns me the most. I understand the indecision about Dana but I think that spending money for staff continuity has been good for WVU. I'm concerned that this approach will hurt recruiting when WV has the best class of recruits that I've ever seen. Is it not worth spending some of that Big 12 money for the good of the program? Is the new AD under instructions to cut costs or is something else going on? What do all of our potential recruits think of this and how much will it be used against us?

The decision to eliminate multi-year assistant contracts is what concerns me the most. I understand the indecision about Dana but I think that spending money for staff continuity has been good for WVU. I'm concerned that this approach will hurt recruiting when WV has the best class of recruits that I've ever seen. Is it not worth spending some of that Big 12 money for the good of the program? Is the new AD under instructions to cut costs or is something else going on? What do all of our potential recruits think of this and how much will it be used against us?

All assistants are tied to the tenure of the head coach and their other role outside of coaching is to be a bargaining chip when things go sour for the head coach. Tying those chips to a multi-year contract is not wise. They earn their job every year or they get the boot. This does not mean they need to be in the top ten nationally in their area, just competent and showing some meaningful level of improvement. That is no different than any private sector employment position. Few functionaries in any organization have golden parachutes, I see zero reason any assistant should have one unless he has been tabbed for a higher position in the short term.

Recruits do not care about assistant coaches and few care about the head coach the way the fans seem to think they do. Most recruits in college football have absurd aspirations of going pro and they only care about the path to get there. Of course few of them are actually worthy of pro-level but they all still care. You might want to follow a young hot recruit around a bit and see what they care about. Here's a hint, it aint what is printed in the paper or mouthed by some bobblehead on ESPN.

WOW did Lyons feed you these lies, or did you come up with them by yourself. DH was offered an extension, but no raise and a reduced buyout. Yea the program is unstable but blame that on a guy who is out of his depth as a P5 AD. Lyons has no freaking clue what he is doing, and is screwing up any progress the FB program has made transitioning from the BE to a true power conference.
If that is what Dana was offered - I would say that Shane knows exactly what he is doing because that is exactly what Dana deserved. If Dana thought the stability of an extension was necessary then he would have signed such a contract. That tells me it was not important to Dana. I personally think Shane is doing a great job handling a very difficult situation. I still do not think Dana is going to be a good coach but am willing to wait one more year to see what he can do.

If that is what Dana was offered - I would say that Shane knows exactly what he is doing because that is exactly what Dana deserved. If Dana thought the stability of an extension was necessary then he would have signed such a contract. That tells me it was not important to Dana. I personally think Shane is doing a great job handling a very difficult situation. I still do not think Dana is going to be a good coach but am willing to wait one more year to see what he can do.

So you'd sign an agreement that removed potentially $8 million dollars of guaranteed income?

We now know Dana was offered a contract to extend his years at WVU with a raise, but he turned it down (and we know have recruits saying the program is not stable).

Dana is holding our program hostage. In part do to a bad deal Clements and Luck gave him.

I hope all your guys that bullied people on this board for not buying into what Clements and Luck were selling with Dana can now see the signs along the way that made this outcome obvious. Some of us that have been around the program for decades know understand that hiring people is not like playing some game of moving pieces around on a board. Clements, Luck, and Dana were all new to jobs that leaves Gee and Lyons in a position fix a big problem.

I wonder what all the message board bullies say now that they know they are wrong.
Is that what BGS "reported"?
Lmaoooooo

All assistants are tied to the tenure of the head coach and their other role outside of coaching is to be a bargaining chip when things go sour for the head coach. Tying those chips to a multi-year contract is not wise. They earn their job every year or they get the boot. This does not mean they need to be in the top ten nationally in their area, just competent and showing some meaningful level of improvement. That is no different than any private sector employment position. Few functionaries in any organization have golden parachutes, I see zero reason any assistant should have one unless he has been tabbed for a higher position in the short term.

Recruits do not care about assistant coaches and few care about the head coach the way the fans seem to think they do. Most recruits in college football have absurd aspirations of going pro and they only care about the path to get there. Of course few of them are actually worthy of pro-level but they all still care. You might want to follow a young hot recruit around a bit and see what they care about. Here's a hint, it aint what is printed in the paper or mouthed by some bobblehead on ESPN.

Right, that's why players NEVER change their schools after a coaching change and assistants never announce their job changes until after signing day. LOL

5150- all the cruits are talking about how unstable the program is

Us- what recruit

5150-you know, that kid from huntington

Us- no, what's there names? Links

5150-crickets

actually, this fanbase is in for a rude awakening lol. Demanding better than 4-5th place in a real P5 conference and claiming we should pay LESS than what Dana was getting as the 8th highest paid coach in a 10 team Big 12. And thinking it was too much money lol. Then trying to find top assistants while offering year to year contracts lol. Should be interesting to sit back and watch it all unfold. A true circus as the OP put it.
Agreed, crazy thinking

Right, that's why players NEVER change their schools after a coaching change and assistants never announce their job changes until after signing day. LOL

If you will re-read what I said, recruits do not care about assistants unless is an assistant for their role on the team. They usually do care about the head coach and when the guy that recruited them is gone, they re-think what they want. Posters here think assistants matter to recruits, they don't. For some recruits - notice in case you are not totally up to speed on English - not all of them are tied up on the head coach either.

well, its funny, because I have heard both names mentioned as well. I heard the guy from Temple several times back in December. The coach at MSU wants out for some reason. He coached at Syracuse, Bowling Green (Donnie N connection), and played football at a small school in PA. Im hearing that if MSU cant lock him up it will be the first school that gets his attention. As for the guy from Temple, well his name is starting look like the new hot up and coming name for next season. I agree that I don't want Bowden.
Mullen has a 9 million dollar buyout and is making 4 million

Danas contract is not an outlier

you can find him on Facebook under Mike Hall and I believe C&M Marine Distributing.

Dropping dox, classy. Dropping dox on a guy who no longer posts here, priceless!

I've never been on an internet BB where that doesn't get you bounced. Vernon, flush that unpolished turd.

^^^^^^^^you can always count on this defeatist, poor excuse of a fan^^^^^^^^^

If in fact he was offered an extension that resulted in him losing money I can't say that I blame him for turning it down. With that said, the AD should not be forced to offer an extension that has him making more money when he does not yet believe in the product he is buying with millions of dollars of the university's money.

If in fact he was offered an extension that resulted in him losing money I can't say that I blame him for turning it down. With that said, the AD should not be forced to offer an extension that has him making more money when he does not yet believe in the product he is buying with millions of dollars of the university's money.

He wasn't really forced to do anything. He had the option to fire and replace him. Maybe DH and WVU are stuck in a bad marriage, but Dana isnt going to quit just to make Lyons job easier for him and perhaps there's just some frustration over the absence of leverage WVU has over their coach, who I like...but has little tangible results to have such strong position.

The terms probably won't be release, so all we can do is speculate which is hard to do without firm numbers.

2016 is going to be the definitive year. Hopefully the situation doesn't get too ugly, but breaking up is hard to do...as it's been said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT