ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo getting fired today

I offered $1000 before. I would double that right now if it went to his buyout. I'm just one guy and I'm not a millionaire but I'm good for 2k. I've seen many folks willing to donate even $50 towards it.... its a bad look lol.

Brown struggles to fill stadiums too. 0-13 against ranked teams. You seem to actually want to be this bad. I think you are a Pitt fan.
Defeated

#15 Virginia Tech
#24 KSU
#16 KSU
#22 ISU

4-14 vs ranked teams.

They didnt finish ranked. Not much different than this year when they were wrong about a bunch of teams. The end of the season.... thats when you know.
Only when it's convenient for you to make a point. If you're using that standard of ending then a lot of WVU coaches including your favorite one will need to change their record vs ranked opponents.

They were ranked when WVU played them and they were ranked when WVU beat them.

Nobody knows how season will end.

There was no dodging. WVU didn't set the conference schedule, outside sources do that. WVU has no control over any teams overall W/L was or will be.

No I'm not a super fan of Brown and after 5 years has shown he is nothing more than a .500 coach.

TCU and Baylor both had winning records at the time when WVU beat them.

Personally if he loses either of the final 2 he should be fired. But I would say he probably will not be.

People put too much blame on the HC when he has no control over anything outside the team.
He would have been fired last year if it werent for the buyout. Even he knows that. How do you really come back from that? He is not happy here.

Only when it's convenient for you to make a point. If you're using that standard of ending then a lot of WVU coaches including your favorite one will need to change their record vs ranked opponents.

Am I supposed to think Brown beat the #15 team in the nation last year when we beat VT just so it doesnt prove some kind of point? They ended up terrible. Not even close to a top 25 team let alone 15.

He would have been fired last year if it werent for the buyout. Even he knows that. How do you really come back from that? He is not happy here.
Losing the final 2 will be the final straw. 8-4 is 8-4 WVU will save 13 million and keep him if they win last 2.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Am I supposed to think Brown beat the #15 team in the nation last year when we beat VT just so it doesnt prove some kind of point? They ended up terrible. Not even close to a top 25 team let alone 15.
Were they not ranked #15? National media claimed it a win over a ranked team. Just because he beat a ranked team doesn't mean you have to like him.

Were they not ranked #15? National media claimed it a win over a ranked team. Just because he beat a ranked team doesn't mean you have to like him.
I was pumped about that win when we did it and thought it meant we were finally turning the corner under Brown. What a fkn let down. You do a piss poor job of defending Brown btw. You're just doing it because your butthurt. Dont forget that I was a big fan of Brown's until last season. There was a time that I trusted the climb.

Last edited:
Losing the final 2 will be the final straw. 8-4 is 8-4 WVU will save 13 million and keep him if they win last 2.
If Brown loses either one of those games I will even be shocked. He will be fired when they can afford it. The sad part is everyone knows that and its really stupid, imo. WVU sucks at damage control. Never go full retard, but we some how do too often.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Of all the teams in the Big 12 (or 10, or 8, or 14, or however many there might be) did any of their schedules include all 4 of the G5 newcomers as was the case with WV?

I was pumped about that win when we did it and thought it meant we were finally turning the corner under Brown. What a fkn let down. You do a piss poor job of defending Brown btw. You're just doing it because your butthurt. Dont forget that I was a big fan of Brown's until the end of last season. There was a time that I trusted the climb.
Same here. I defended him on this board up until this year. I thought he was a great hire. I was genuinely excited to get him. He’s a great guy. I have no doubt. It’s just not working out. Again, the results tell the story. I’m tired of “give it more time”. It’s been 5 years. Lance Leipold turned freaking Kansas around his first 2 years. Again…Kansas! You should know by now and we should be better by now. I don’t see any improvement from the first year to the fifth year. And I think it’s a valid question if this program is worse than the day Holgorsen left. I think it is. For all the naysayers, feel free to point out any areas of improvement from Day 1 of the Neal Brown era to today. Has anyone felt confident we can win against anyone ranked in the last 5 years? Have you noticed you now expect a dogfight with subpar .500 teams? This isn’t Mountaineer Football. We’ve become Rutgers from the old Big East. And that’s not exaggerating.

TCU started the season ranked and is now 4-6. So Colorado beats a ranked a team, but WVU and the rest of the Big 12 didn't? While all rankings are subjective, at least season end rankings have to take a body of work into account and even they can't spin a 6 loss team into the top 25. Regardless, the real point is that Brown doesn't usually beat teams that finish with a good record against decent competition.

what Kendrick wants Kendrick gets..WVU only has four large donors and he is the main man.the big Kahuna..KK said Neal should keep his job and it will be done... amen..
You know what is awesome about that. If you are right, then I think Rich Rod will be back in Morgantown. Kendrick likes Rich Rod and always has. I've always understood he was Rich's biggest supporter amongst the donor class. It might be time to mend the broken bridges and watch one of our own coaching WVU once again.

I was pumped about that win when we did it and thought it meant we were finally turning the corner under Brown. What a fkn let down. You do a piss poor job of defending Brown btw. You're just doing it because your butthurt. Dont forget that I was a big fan of Brown's until last season. There was a time that I trusted the climb.
Who said I was defending him? That's your opinion and it's your go to remark to troll and fight.

They were ranked when they beat them that's what counts.

TCU started the season ranked and is now 4-6. So Colorado beats a ranked a team, but WVU and the rest of the Big 12 didn't? While all rankings are subjective, at least season end rankings have to take a body of work into account and even they can't spin a 6 loss team into the top 25. Regardless, the real point is that Brown doesn't usually beat teams that finish with a good record against decent competition.
TCU was only 3-1 and unranked when WVU beat them. Season end rankings only matter if you say seasons end. Not supporting Brown just stating the facts. The media list it as a win over a ranked opponent. Fans don't count it because the coach sucks.

Lot's of coaches beat teams during a season that do not finish with a good record against competition. Some even beat teams who start 1-3 but end up 10-3 after a bowl win.

Coaches have no control over how another team competes before or after they play them. He only controls the slop he is in at the time. Body of work shit is overrated and an excuse for committees to install who they want in a 4 team playoff.

Of all the teams in the Big 12 (or 10, or 8, or 14, or however many there might be) did any of their schedules include all 4 of the G5 newcomers as was the case with WV?
So says a struggling turd fan. Nope some of them only played all 3 and the 2nd place team got their ass kicked by one of your so called G5 schools.

Mini U is just jealous they weren't invited to the Big 12 and can not claim being a P5. Which by the way all this P and G shit is a made up name by the national media. Stay in your lane troll and go back to the trash bin.

If Brown loses either one of those games I will even be shocked. He will be fired when they can afford it. The sad part is everyone knows that and its really stupid, imo. WVU sucks at damage control. Never go full retard, but we some how do too often.
The money is there to fire him. The brains are not. Don't pretend you're not a retard.

TCU was only 3-1 and unranked when WVU beat them. Season end rankings only matter if you say seasons end. Not supporting Brown just stating the facts. The media list it as a win over a ranked opponent. Fans don't count it because the coach sucks.

Lot's of coaches beat teams during a season that do not finish with a good record against competition. Some even beat teams who start 1-3 but end up 10-3 after a bowl win.

Coaches have no control over how another team competes before or after they play them. He only controls the slop he is in at the time. Body of work shit is overrated and an excuse for committees to install who they want in a 4 team playoff.

The point is that when someone uses the stat of wins vs ranked teams they are trying to imply wins against better than average competition. Like all statistics it can be used deceptively and in the case of Brown it clearly is being used that way to make his body of work appear better than it is.

Team A could beat an unranked team to start the season and team B beats a top 10 team to start the season. Team A's opening opponent then goes undefeated and finishes in the top 10 while team B's opening opponent goes 6-6 and finishes unranked. Using ranks at the time of the game would lead to regarding the clearly lesser win of team B as more valuable than the more impressive win of team A.

As you know there are so many variables such as injuries and teams not always being at same level all throughout the season. So no blanket stat such as wins vs ranked opponents will account for all the nuisance that deep dive analytics will cover. That being said, "wins against end of season ranked teams" is still going to give you a better idea than "wins against ranked teams at the time of game" as a stand alone stat.

The money is there to fire him. The brains are not. Don't pretend you're not a retard.
I really dont think anyone on this message board knows what they are going to do. I'm sure there is money there for things, but will it be used this yearv or next, is probably the question. Every year they save more millions. One thing I am sure of is if there was no buyout, he would have been gone after last season.

I really dont think anyone on this message board knows what they are going to do. I'm sure there is money there for things, but will it be used this yearv or next, is probably the question. Every year they save more millions. One thing I am sure of is if there was no buyout, he would have been gone after last season.
I don’t have any insider knowledge to know, but I would think the only possible scenario’s for WVU to fire Neal Brown this year come down to 2 factors..

1.). If Jimbo Fisher is interested and if WVU has the go ahead and money to make it happen

2.). If Neal Brown loses out to both Cincinnati and Baylor to finish 6-6

Otherwise, Neal Brown is most likely back again at WVU next year.

Just my opinion and that means nothing.

I don’t have any insider knowledge to know, but I would think the only possible scenario’s for WVU to fire Neal Brown this year come down to 2 factors..

1.). If Jimbo Fisher is interested and if WVU has the go ahead and money to make it happen

Honestly I feel the same way about what is most likely to happen but its just a guess. Its just not a good situation with Brown because any kind of buyout is damaging. If he wins 8 games maybe even 7, it makes it easier to keep him without damaging the brand any further. Its crazy to think that 7 wins would be his best record here! But it would, and even though most fans see that we havent beat anyone good and its a product of a weak schedule, its still easy for the admin to claim improvement and give Brown and the buyout another year. 13 mil is a lot.

If we can get Jimbo at a fair salary you do it.
Exactly! It’s really a no brainer. A proven winner at this level with a NC under his belt Versus waiting a year or 2 and hiring an up and coming G5 HC and hope he can win at this level.

simply amazing...wanting to hire someone who was just fired before the end of the season for being incompetent in his job performance...well, not actually amazing for the mentality displayed on this particular forum.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and WVUBRU
simply amazing...wanting to hire someone who was just fired before the end of the season for being incompetent in his job performance...well, not actually amazing for the mentality displayed on this particular forum.

If it were a binary choice between Brown and Jimbo, I'd favor Jimbo. But it is not and if we do move on from Brown, I don't see why a guy with every incentive to rest on his laurels after 1 championship run and no big accomplishments since should have the inside track.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If it were a binary choice between Brown and Jimbo, I'd favor Jimbo. But it is not and if we do move on from Brown, I don't see why a guy with every incentive to rest on his laurels after 1 championship run and no big accomplishments since should have the inside track.

Exactly. Jimbo would be serious Tommy Tuberville at Cincinnati vibes, an old fish out of water.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

To be completely fair it’s more convenient to claim it as a win against a ranked team when we all know how bad VT ended up being and not ranked vs beating a team that actually finished ranked. Just like claiming TCU and Texas Tech had winning records when we beat them before they played anyone with a pulse and started losing. Let’s see how the teams on our schedule finish their seasons and hope that Brown and company aren’t overlooking the team that just beat Houston

Kendrick doesnt want Fisher, he wants Rich Rod. Jimbo worked under Rich Rod at Glenville, not above him. According to some internet chatter anyway... What Kendrick wants, Kendrick gets.

Last edited:
So says a struggling turd fan. Nope some of them only played all 3 and the 2nd place team got their ass kicked by one of your so called G5 schools.

Mini U is just jealous they weren't invited to the Big 12 and can not claim being a P5. Which by the way all this P and G shit is a made up name by the national media. Stay in your lane troll and go back to the trash bin.
No need to get your panties in a wad. I was genuinely interested in finding out how the overall conference schedules played out. By the way, there were 4 newcomers, not "all 3" as you stated. Cincy, BYU, UCF, Houston. What will next year's schedule look like with those 4, less OK & TEX, plus 2 AZs, Utah and Colorado?

No need to get your panties in a wad. I was genuinely interested in finding out how the overall conference schedules played out. By the way, there were 4 newcomers, not "all 3" as you stated. Cincy, BYU, UCF, Houston. What will next year's schedule look like with those 4, less OK & TEX, plus 2 AZs, Utah and Colorado?
Well, at least Utah is a powerhouse. Colorado might become one. Arizona is better and 7-3

I don't care what your fag interests are so go roll your herd nerd.

Learn to read.

To be completely fair it’s more convenient to claim it as a win against a ranked team when we all know how bad VT ended up being and not ranked vs beating a team that actually finished ranked. Just like claiming TCU and Texas Tech had winning records when we beat them before they played anyone with a pulse and started losing. Let’s see how the teams on our schedule finish their seasons and hope that Brown and company aren’t overlooking the team that just beat Houston
Texas Tech had a losing record when we beat them. I'm just telling you the media says differently when comes to beating a ranked at the time they played.

You can't control how a team ends up you can only control your own. Right now Neal is a .500 level coach at a P5 school.

I thought you wanted Rodriguez?

I want WVU back to the level Rod had it. Whether that’s with Rod or Fisher or someone else altogether. Brown is not able to get us there. Time is up in my opinion
Unfortunately none of us get to make that decision.

Don Nehlen had us at the higher level as well. Bill Stewart won 9 games a year but that wasn't good enough for people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT