ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo getting fired today

Everyone was shocked when two PAC-10 teams from LA left to join the BIG TEN when it happened. He has said he still wants to coach. He doesn't need the money anymore which means he is can control everything in negotiations any coach would like to control in a prospective hire situation but can't. WVU is in a position to give Fisher everything he would want without having to pay a huge salary for it.

Reactions: marshallherdfan2
Everyone was shocked when two PAC-10 teams from LA left to join the BIG TEN when it happened. He has said he still wants to coach. He doesn't need the money anymore which means he is can control everything in negotiations any coach would like to control in a prospective hire situation but can't. WVU is in a position to give Fisher everything he would want without having to pay a huge salary for it.
Wvu is in position to give Fisher everything he wants you say? We can't give him an in state recruiting base. We can't give him the best players money can buy like he gets now, and he still can't win with. I doubt you would even mention his name if he wasn't from WV.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Wvu is in position to give Fisher everything he wants you say? We can't give him an in state recruiting base. We can't give him the best players money can buy like he gets now, and he still can't win with. I doubt you would even mention his name if he wasn't from WV.
One thing I’ve learned today, if Texas A&M can afford a 75 million dollar buyout, then WVU certainly should be able to handle $11-13 million dollar buyout. And if not, then WVU doesn’t deserve to be at this level. I get it, we’re talking about a giant in TAMU. However, the difference shouldn’t be more than 7 times the amount between the 2 schools. Jimbo has had some success. He won a NC at FSU in year 5, so that was his team and his players. He was very dominant at FSU. He started out decent at TAMU, but it’s tough winning in the SEC at the level they expected. Example : Look at Auburn, LSU. I think WVU must at least contact Jimbo’s agent and gauge his interest. At the very least do that. Whether they go in that direction or not, it’s time to make a change at WVU.

I doubt he would do that, though. :joy:
The least he could do is pay the buyout. His contract is locked and guaranteed and he was 45-25 (27-21) in the SEC. Texas A&M owe in 19 million within the next 60 days then over 9 million a year until 2030 and it doesn't matter if he gets another job he still gets paid. WVU and Brown is 28-29 yet we keep our coach. Big money cares about winning. Does Texas A&M go after Lane Kiffin or Dan Lanning at Oregon

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
One thing I’ve learned today, if Texas A&M can afford a 75 million dollar buyout, then WVU certainly should be able to handle $11-13 million dollar buyout. And if not, then WVU doesn’t deserve to be at this level.
WVU isn't at that level and has never even sniffed that level which is why they're in the conference of leftovers instead of the SEC and BIG.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
One thing I’ve learned today, if Texas A&M can afford a 75 million dollar buyout, then WVU certainly should be able to handle $11-13 million dollar buyout. And if not, then WVU doesn’t deserve to be at this level. I get it, we’re talking about a giant in TAMU. However, the difference shouldn’t be more than 7 times the amount between the 2 schools. Jimbo has had some success. He won a NC at FSU in year 5, so that was his team and his players. He was very dominant at FSU. He started out decent at TAMU, but it’s tough winning in the SEC at the level they expected. Example : Look at Auburn, LSU. I think WVU must at least contact Jimbo’s agent and gauge his interest. At the very least do that. Whether they go in that direction or not, it’s time to make a change at WVU.
This is 💯

WVU isn't at that level and has never even sniffed that level which is why they're in the conference of leftovers instead of the SEC and BIG.
“This level” I was referring to is the P5. Like I said, nobody expects them to be on TAMU level. The point is, WVU shouldn’t be more than 7 times below TAMU in terms of affordability of a buyout. If WVU can’t afford 11-13 million, then WVU shouldn’t be in the P5.

On another point, if TAMU can afford $75 million buyout, then the ACC can kiss Clemson and FSU goodbye. It’s estimated their buyout that would be owed to the ACC if they leave would be around $100 million. Doesn’t sound so impossible now.

The least he could do is pay the buyout. His contract is locked and guaranteed and he was 45-25 (27-21) in the SEC. Texas A&M owe in 19 million within the next 60 days then over 9 million a year until 2030 and it doesn't matter if he gets another job he still gets paid. WVU and Brown is 28-29 yet we keep our coach. Big money cares about winning. Does Texas A&M go after Lane Kiffin or Dan Lanning at Oregon
Lanning is being contacted. Will throw Saban type money at him ($10-11 million).

There are a lot of changes that need to be made at Wvu. The first is people need to start contributing more money to the CRT if they expect 2005-2007 results. When you have top players making commercials for fast food restaurants, you're not going to get that type of player to come to Wvu . They need to develop here, and you hope to God they will stay. If the old rules were still in place, we would have had Messidor, Smith and a few of the other players that have left over the years still on the roster. It might have not made a difference at the end of the day, but it wouldn't have hurt. These are the types of players that will continue to leave regardless of who the coach is. Out of all the coaches that currently have been fired and who could possibly be fired Fisher is the most deserving. He has absolutely no excuse for the shape of his program. He has one of the richest athletic departments in the country, his boosters have shelled out a ton in nil money. He gets good recruiting classes and the program regressed under him. He also tore down what he built up at Fsu. I don't mind making a coaching change but if we are not willing to start buying players then we shouldn't expect better results. The boosters at Texas Am did their part on Jimbo's behalf he didn't deliver I say no on him.

There are a lot of changes that need to be made at Wvu. The first is people need to start contributing more money to the CRT if they expect 2005-2007 results. When you have top players making commercials for fast food restaurants, you're not going to get that type of player to come to Wvu . They need to develop here, and you hope to God they will stay. If the old rules were still in place, we would have had Messidor, Smith and a few of the other players that have left over the years still on the roster. It might have not made a difference at the end of the day, but it wouldn't have hurt. These are the types of players that will continue to leave regardless of who the coach is. Out of all the coaches that currently have been fired and who could possibly be fired Fisher is the most deserving. He has absolutely no excuse for the shape of his program. He has one of the richest athletic departments in the country, his boosters have shelled out a ton in nil money. He gets good recruiting classes and the program regressed under him. He also tore down what he built up at Fsu. I don't mind making a coaching change but if we are not willing to start buying players then we shouldn't expect better results. The boosters at Texas Am did their part on Jimbo's behalf he didn't deliver I say no on him.
Very solid analysis

I think most of us can agree, it is time to move on from Neal Brown. I was willing to give him 5 years. And I always gave him a chance, but like you said with Fisher at TAMU, there’s no excuses for what we see on the field. Yes, the portal and NIL changed everything. That said, not everyone is struggling like this. And I’m referring to similar programs. It’s just like everything in life, you adapt. To this point, I’m not seeing progress. The question for me was, do you think the program is better today than when Holgorsen left? In my opinion, the answer is No. Therefore, in my opinion, it’s time.

Last edited:
Go get him right now.

Can he recruit better than Brown? - Yes
Can he coach better than Brown? - Yes
Will he bring in better assistant coaches than Brown? - Yes
Will he bring in better talent from the portal than Brown? - Yes

Will there be a better name or choice at the end of the season? - Maybe, but would it be one WVU could reasonably have a shot at? - Doubtful.

Go get him, let Brown wrap this season up, and let there be at least some excitement for the program again in '24.

Go get him right now.

Will there be a better name or choice at the end of the season? - Maybe, but would it be one WVU could reasonably have a shot at? - Doubtful.

Go get him, let Brown wrap this season up, and let there be at least some excitement for the program again in '24.
I would also add that he potentially gives us the best chance in a scenario that Brown does get fired, that we retain our players, recruiting class and maybe add to it. I don’t see a big drop off in such a transition. Maybe I am naive though.

Go get him right now.

No.

I would also add that he potentially gives us the best chance in a scenario that Brown does get fired, that we retain our players, recruiting class and maybe add to it. I don’t see a big drop off in such a transition. Maybe I am naive though.
Exactly my sentiments.

I'd rather get him if/while he's available than have to be stuck with a Neal Brown retread from some FCS school, lose what quality players we do have, and end up in this same spot in 2028.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Who would be a better option RIGHT NOW?
Still would be Jimbo. No matter what, he has a national title and it will always carry some prestige and bring in a higher quality of player talent. Jimbo has to learn how to let go of his micromanagement ways.

got some death threats.. one of them on the Finebaum radio show..no way..I bet his young wife from Florida will have the last word on where they reside

Last edited:
Go get him right now.

Recruiting: FSU & Texas A&M money as well as Texas and Florida high school talent vs West Virginia money and very little West Virginia high school talent. Throw that point out the window.
Will he (or anyone) bring in better portal talent? See the recruiting above.

We were left behind in the Big East and now the Big 12 for a reason. Bear Bryant or any past or present big time successful coach would struggle here to build WVU into an Alabama type program that most of the dim bulbs on here are pandering for.

Recruiting: FSU & Texas A&M money as well as Texas and Florida high school talent vs West Virginia money and very little West Virginia high school talent. Throw that point out the window.

We were left behind in the Big East and now the Big 12 for a reason. Bear Bryant or any past or present big time successful coach would struggle here to build WVU into an Alabama type program that most of the dim bulbs on here are pandering for.
I've been making that point as has a few others bright individuals on this board but the dim bulbs continue to do childish things like namecall. I'm sure you are fully aware. Despicable fake fans.

Our ceiling may not be what Alabama has accomplished with Saban, but if we had Saban we would undoubtedly win at a high level.

Our ceiling may not be what Alabama has accomplished with Saban, but if we had Saban we would undoubtedly win at a high level.
No doubt. He is on a level of very few coaches that makes a dramatic difference. Not many of those and I don't think anyone with a clue would argue.

Go get him right now.

He has the #1 recruiting class and is 11-10 since doing that. I'm not high on him. Wouldn't turn him down but will not care if he doesn't come here. He's done nothing the past 10 years. Nobody is going to go after Jimbo Fisher next year. You could probably gamble on him still being available st the end of 2024.

he'd be crazy to coach again period..allegedly, three of the main motivators are money, sex, and power
Money--check
Sex- check
power- check..that comes with 75 milion..he can move to Jupiter Fl and be neighbors with Tiger and Saban while enjoying a stress free life not having to deal with an unhinged fanbase making threats on his life over a damn football game

I think we would win at a better level with Saban not sure exactly what you mean by a high level. Saban would not get the same players at WVU that he gets at Alabama. Jimbo stole a bunch of recruits from Saban in the 2022 recruiting class. The players that he stole didn't spurn Saban because they felt Jimbo was a better coach, they decommitted because Texas AM's boosters wrote bigger checks than Alabama's boosters. WVU boosters are not going to outbid the elite programs in the country. You want to see better results start sending in better checks to the CRT. The word amateur athletic doesn't exist anymore these guys play for money.

Still would be Jimbo. No matter what, he has a national title and it will always carry some prestige and bring in a higher quality of player talent. Jimbo has to learn how to let go of his micromanagement ways.
Jimbo Fisher isn't going to bring in top tier players to WVU. He isn't going to bring in any better talent then the rest of the Big 12. The biggest reason Jimbo was fired is out of all the coaches out there he is the one who doesn't have an excuse. He got top recruiting classes at AM,. He had boosters that are willing to shell out big bucks for Recruits. He had one of the largest athletic budgets in the country and he failed to win with all that. Jimbo's national title was a decade ago. When he was at FSU he had advantages against the majority of the field that he would not have at WVU. The guy's career has been mostly on a downhill slide for the last decade. He may have been a top tier coach back in the day but in 2023 he is a coach with same record over the last 2 seasons as the guy you want to see fired. That is the coach he is in 2023.

I think we would win at a better level with Saban not sure exactly what you mean by a high level. Saban would not get the same players at WVU that he gets at Alabama. Jimbo stole a bunch of recruits from Saban in the 2022 recruiting class. The players that he stole didn't spurn Saban because they felt Jimbo was a better coach, they decommitted because Texas AM's boosters wrote bigger checks than Alabama's boosters. WVU boosters are not going to outbid the elite programs in the country. You want to see better results start sending in better checks to the CRT. The word amateur athletic doesn't exist anymore these guys play for money.
If we had Saban for the amount of time Alabama has had him we would have at minimum 1 national title, and several conference titles, probably would have been battling with OU for the conference title most years.

I agree that we are a tough sell in comparison to the SEC, but a great coach is a difference maker and the players follow when they see the 1st round draft picks constantly churned out. Our fans would write the checks needed to field a solid team if we were winning.

If we had Saban for the amount of time Alabama has had him we would have at minimum 1 national title, and several conference titles, probably would have been battling with OU for the conference title most years.

I agree that we are a tough sell in comparison to the SEC, but a great coach is a difference maker and the players follow when they see the 1st round draft picks constantly churned out. Our fans would write the checks needed to field a solid team if we were winning.
I doubt we would have a national title if Saban was here. We might have a conference title but not many. We would probably be competing for 3rd place on most years in the Big 12. The system Saban runs requires a lot of NFL talent which he is not going to get at WVU. Urban Meyer would be better for WVU then Saban would his system is similar to what Rich ran. Sabans teams have not been as good over the last couple of seasons. It's becoming harder for him to win now that other schools have just as much money or more. Players are going to play for the school whose boosters pay the most and that's not Wvu.

I doubt we would have a national title if Saban was here. We might have a conference title but not many. We would probably be competing for 3rd place on most years in the Big 12. The system Saban runs requires a lot of NFL talent which he is not going to get at WVU. Urban Meyer would be better for WVU then Saban would his system is similar to what Rich ran. Sabans teams have not been as good over the last couple of seasons. It's becoming harder for him to win now that other schools have just as much money or more. Players are going to play for the school whose boosters pay the most and that's not Wvu.
I do not believe Saban would’ve won a NC at WVU. Case in point; look at Saban results at Michigan State. Up until his final year , he was winning 6-7 games. Then got 10 and left. Most of these guy win because they get the best of the best players. When they don’t , they don’t win often.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I do not believe Saban would’ve won a NC at WVU. Case in point; look at Saban results at Michigan State. Up until his final year , he was winning 6-7 games. Then got 10 and left. Most of these guy win because they get the best of the best players. When they don’t , they don’t win often.
The coach's that are going to have the most success at a place like WVU are the ones who think outside the box. The guys we have hired just haven't been all that innovative in their approach. It's about finding the right coach, right system at a place like WVU. Someone in the Urban Meyer family of coaches would most likely be the best fit for WVU. We had the most sustained success running that style of offense. Utah, Oregon, Kansas, K State all are running these types of offenses. There is no doubt that if you have the resources of a blue blood then the Saban model will produce the best results but that's simply not WVU or Kansas, K State. I doubt Saban would produce the same Results that Klieman has at K State or Leipold has at Kansas. If WVU ultimately wants to get back to 2007 then we need to do better job supporting the CRT. I have seen to many people on these WVU sites that don't have a problem with complaining but aren't willing to step up and send in their check. College Football is becoming low grade professional football you get what you pay for in today's game.

According to on3, WVU ranked top of new B12 teams in NIL. Let’s not act like little ol WVU can’t compete bc we don’t have money.

Country Roads Trust didn't launch until Jan 2022..WVU was late to the party...only one recruiting class has had the collective available...five starters on defense were lost to the highest bidder

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT