ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Casteel

HurdyGurdyEer

All-Conference
Aug 18, 2012
Any word on where Casteel is heading .... if anywhere?
Just curious ... not trying to stir any pots.

Not interested in where he goes. But perhaps he should drop down to Div 2.

Paden City? Really? What? Coach High School?

He'll land somewhere. I could see him becoming a head coach at a lower level of play. But not high school.

Not sure about UTEP.
http://www.minerrush.com/2016/1/13/...eff-casteel-will-not-be-named-uteps-defensive

Earlier today multiple sources implicated that former Arizona defensive coordinator Jeff Casteel had been offered and was expected to be announced as UTEP's new defensive coordinator tomorrow.

But Casteel will not be announced tomorrow as previously expected.
Then he's probably got another avenue open for employment, or is going to sit a year and see what opens up. It's not like he's hard up for money.

He'd fit in perfectly at a lower level program as a position coach.

He'd be a good position (linebackers) coach at any level program.
He may yet be a good defensive coordinator at a D1 program.
And he could prove to be a good head coach at a lower level program. But this one is the biggest unknown.

He had a few good years as DC here but the difference between him and Gibson is Gibson understands the 3-3-5 is better as an attacking defense and not a prevent defense. Glad WVU has Gibson.

Actually, they enjoyed it........ They hated Pat White.
You clearly didn't watch the games I did if you believe the defense did not play a huge part in those victories. I'm not saying the defense was not without fault. It clearly had its problems but it confused a lot of good teams.

Reactions: countryroads89
georgia passed and rushed for more than 500 yards of offense in the 2006 Sugar Bowl..

There was zero defense that night, on either side

Maybe back to Shepherd?
Paden City is nowhere near Shepherd.

If he is not going to land a job soon I guess I could see his family going to Paden City for a layover until they actually moved to wherever.

Things sure have been very quiet concerning Casteel. Are there many openings out there right now?

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT