ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Bridges Reasons for leaving WVU

Kazzman

All-Conference
May 4, 2010
Bridges said: “I would rather be taught than just be yelled at. I’m fine with yelling if there’s teaching too. Not that there wasn’t any teaching, but they’d rather yell at you and put you on the treadmill than show you what to do and how to fix it. It’s like a punishment over actually getting better.”

Bridges went on to say that him and his teammates checked out at the end of the season and that he simply needed to go to a different situation. Bridges also said that playing out of position and a lack of playing time was part of his decision, but one of the main factors was that he scheduled a meeting with Bob Huggins and that meeting was blown off. “I wanted to talk to Huggs and figure everything out. That meeting never happened.”

What a pussy! Glad the little progressive candy's ass is gone. Just like Biden...all talk and no talent.

He's an annoying twat, but it's also a hard truth and tough pill to swallow. It doesn't matter who delivers the message if the message is true. Player development and improved play as the season progresses as been an uncommon sight in years.

Reactions: Steak Sub
He's not even a good player so none of this matters. He's nothing more than a P5 role player.

The truth hurts sometimes, and to PROVE he's a f**king liar......here you go

2021-22 at WVU: started 33 games and averaged 26.8 minutes per game
2022-23 at Baylor: started all 15 games and averaging 23.5 minutes per game

AND he's shooting WORSE from 3-point land this year than last year, AND he's averaging the same amount of PPG (8.6 ppg).

So that punk.pu$$y needs to shut his damn mouth and stop the lying. Stats tell the truth. Playing time had ZERO to do with it. He got his feelings hurt.

Bridges said: “I would rather be taught than just be yelled at. I’m fine with yelling if there’s teaching too. Not that there wasn’t any teaching, but they’d rather yell at you and put you on the treadmill than show you what to do and how to fix it. It’s like a punishment over actually getting better.”

Bridges went on to say that him and his teammates checked out at the end of the season and that he simply needed to go to a different situation. Bridges also said that playing out of position and a lack of playing time was part of his decision, but one of the main factors was that he scheduled a meeting with Bob Huggins and that meeting was blown off. “I wanted to talk to Huggs and figure everything out. That meeting never happened.”
Thanks for the old news.

Matthew's returned. Why do you think that is? Was he not scared of being yelled at.

Bridges made up 90% of what he said.

Last edited:
The truth hurts sometimes, and to PROVE he's a f**king liar......here you go

2021-22 at WVU: started 33 games and averaged 26.8 minutes per game
2022-23 at Baylor: started all 15 games and averaging 23.5 minutes per game

AND he's shooting WORSE from 3-point land this year than last year, AND he's averaging the same amount of PPG (8.6 ppg).

So that punk.pu$$y needs to shut his damn mouth and stop the lying. Stats tell the truth. Playing time had ZERO to do with it. He got his feelings hurt.
You can't listen to kazass. He's not all there.

He's not even a good player so none of this matters. He's nothing more than a P5 role player.
Last night Bridges had 36 minutes, 10 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block for the winning team. He started and played more minutes than any other player on either team. Pretty good role player.

Last night Bridges had 36 minutes, 10 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block for the winning team. He started and played more minutes than any other player on either team. Pretty good role player.
Maybe so. But he's averaging less minutes per game this year than he did at WVU last year. And his PPG is the same. Shooting percentage from 3-point land is lower this year.

He sucked until the intentional fouls came. He had 36 minutes because players were in foul trouble.

It was his super bowl, and he was totally pathetic. What game did you watch? His numbers were way way better than what he looked like on the actual court which is bad becauee they really arent very good numbers. He's just a cherry picker. He will never be anything more than a 6 or 8 point per game role player even though his recruiting status had him marked for NBA potential.

It was his super bowl, and he was totally pathetic. What game did you watch? His numbers were way way better than what he looked like on the actual court which is bad becauee they really arent very good numbers. He's just a cherry picker. He will never be anything more than a 6 or 8 point per game role player even though his recruiting status had him marked for NBA potential.
The most important thing is..........Bridges didn't get yelled at. And that's all that matters. [thumbsup]

The most important thing is..........Bridges didn't get yelled at. And that's all that matters. [thumbsup] If he didn't get yelled at the students weren't doing their job, which is to Rio tje other team a new asshole ans mess with them all game..
If he didn't get yelled at the student section weren't doing their job. But I know they were. Maybe they needed to get louder for the little wussy...

He’s a starter for a good Power 5 team, and you’re nothing.

My guess is the next step for Bridges is a small school. He will never be anything but a lanky slacker with a worried look on his face in the B12. He will go somewhere with lesser competition.

It’s sad when players depart the attackers go after them for telling the truth about their experiences. Huggins is Bob Knight 2.0.

His dinosaur ways and losing in conference are bringing WVU basketball down. Change is needed.

He's a role player who will never remotely close to live up to his potential, and will be totally forgotten at Baylor and WVU in 3 years.
That's the game plan when a talented player leaves WVU..... Bridges/Oscar.... trash the player instead of the over-the-hill alcoholic fatass coach sitting on the stool.

That's the game plan when a talented player leaves WVU..... Bridges/Oscar.... trash the player instead of the over-the-hill alcoholic fatass coach sitting on the stool.
Bridges talent is not that great and will be no NBA player. Go be a Baylor fan if you're in love with the traitor. Oscar now making 3 million at Kentucky. I can see why he left.

When they whine like teenage girls on their way out, yes. Huggins really hasnt changed, the attitude of players out of high school has though. I think Huggs offensive system is out of date and needs scrapped, but the way Huggins coaches hard is something that has made him the 3rd winninest coach in the history of college basketball. To say some weak-minded mamas boy from Fairmont knows what he's talking about over a HOF coach is pretty moronic actually. The only reason Huggins coaching style is going out of style is because the weakening of the minds of our youth by you and your butt buddies on the left. They have infected our whole society with weakness.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Stay and play at WV and you are golden. If you transfer you suddenly become trash, no matter your talent level. I'm surprised McNeil hasn't been trashed yet.

Reactions: Kazzman
When they whine like teenage girls on their way out, yes. Huggins really hasnt changed, the attitude of players out of high school has though. I think Huggs offensive system is out of date and needs scrapped, but the way Huggins coaches hard is something that has made him the 3rd winninest coach in the history of college basketball. To say some weak-minded mamas boy from Fairmont knows what he's talking about over a HOF coach is pretty moronic actually. The only reason Huggins coaching style is going out of style is because the weakening of the minds of our youth by you and your butt buddies on the left. They have infected our whole society with weakness.
I'm LMAO at this right-wing nut-job gibberish. Your HOF coach is running this BB program right into the ground. Huggs coaching style is no longer working because he simply can no longer recruit; his record in the Big 12 is pathetic; and he's finishing 9th or last in the conference. He can't keep up with the pace of the game. Your analysis is completely moronic.

I'm LMAO at this right-wing nut-job gibberish. Your HOF coach is running this BB program right into the ground. Huggs coaching style is no longer working because he simply can no longer recruit; his record in the Big 12 is pathetic; and he's finishing 9th or last in the conference. He can't keep up with the pace of the game. Your analysis is completely moronic.
Thank you for being triggered Kazzwoman. It makes me smile :p

Reactions: Rootmaster
Stay and play at WV and you are golden. If you transfer you suddenly become trash, no matter your talent level. I'm surprised McNeil hasn't been trashed yet.
Arf arf. Hey. McNeil didnt get on social media and whine like you on the way out. Its not about transferring, its about being a emotional weakling. Something your estrogen will never allow you to wrap your whittle head around.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT