ADVERTISEMENT

It's all about pitching. Who we got on the mound tomorrow?

My money is on Vance probably going. They're being very tight-lipped about Donato and Grove.

If he is healthy, I expect M Grove gets the start. But, the poster below you is right, we have everybody for tomorrow. I doubt if TCU is short-handed either. They always seem to play well against us.

If he is healthy, I expect M Grove gets the start. But, the poster below you is right, we have everybody for tomorrow. I doubt if TCU is short-handed either. They always seem to play well against us.
Grove hurt his knee and Donato hurt his arm (or elbow, maybe). Since nothing has been said, I'm sure it is Mazey not showing his hand. We got a small break when Texas forced the second game, but TCU only used two arms from a stout pitching pool. I'd imagine they could throw anyone they want just like we might. They don't have as much to play for as no matter what, they're guaranteed two more games anyway. We don't have that luxury. I just hope we keep up the hot bats because TCU is a team that can usually shut those bats down.

A lot has happened since they swept us in Fort Worth. They went on to series losses vs. Tech, Texas, OSU, and Baylor (of all teams). We went on to an inconsistent month or so before catching fire like we have been. We both split our Big XII series with four wins and four losses each, with them sweeping us. They've been hitting just as well as we have with only their pitching giving up more runs than we have. Regardless of tomorrow's outcome, I won't complain, because we beat two teams that we lost series to in the regular season just to get here. Let's hope we finally get the TCU monkey off our back and win one for the first time in 8 tries (we've lost 7 straight).

TCU is a lock to get a bid to the NCAA Regionals regardless of what they do today. First round of the regionals is double elimination so "they're guaranteed two more games anyway."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT