ADVERTISEMENT

It’s like your woman leaves you

Neal Brown will run into the same problems as DH.
If he is a good coach he will jump to a school that is committed to winning in football.

DH for the little money he was given did a great job at WV

Your opinion. Noted but that’s it. I guess WVU can’t overcome problems like Texas did. SMH.

Neal Brown will run into the same problems as DH.
If he is a good coach he will jump to a school that is committed to winning in football.

DH for the little money he was given did a great job at WV

maxresdefault.jpg

You have to call it for what it is...

It takes money to win at Football.
If WV wants to win they will have to make the investments or it is a revolving door.

Look at Kansas.
They want to win at Football and are throwing a few hundred million dollars into it.

If you saw the current facilities and the large dollar commitment the AD has for football I’d say we are on our way. 100 million isn’t chump change.

WVU will have no problem paying someone big money who deserves it. If Brown earns it, he will get rewarded with it. Dana didnt or else he would've landed an extension with a fat raise in it. His extension was denied. He wasnt cutting it or earning more than he was making here. No way he was getting a raise. Lyons knows he's going to be ponying up at some point. Brown may be the guy, but he will have a few years to prove it.

Look at Kansas. How's that money going for them. Not one thing. except basketball recruiting.

WVU owns Texas and their money.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
WVU will have no problem paying someone big money who deserves it. If Brown earns it, he will get rewarded with it. Dana didnt or else he would've landed an extension with a fat raise in it. His extension was denied. He wasnt cutting it or earning more than he was making here. No way he was getting a raise.

It wasn't about the extension...

Dana wanted more money for assistants and he wanted WV to build the facilities needed to attract recruits.

If we kept throwing more money at a product that didn’t improve we would be hiring politicians. Or The ex coach

If we kept throwing more money at a product that didn’t improve we would be hiring politicians. Or The ex coach

I agree....

Like I said WV made the right choice but if Neal Brown is a good coach the same thing will happen

It wasn't about the extension...

Dana wanted more money for assistants and he wanted WV to build the facilities needed to attract recruits.
How the f*ck would you know that? Oh, wait. You couldn't/wouldn't/don't know that. You're just some asshole posting BS and pretending you have some kind of inside knowledge.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
He wanted more years 100% guaranteed. Wasn’t going to happen.

There were other things that Houston gave him like 4.5 million to hire assistants.
Plus the promise to have the facilities needed to attract recruits.

Much rather act like WV didn't want Dana and WV is getting a much better coach..

Reality doesn't work that way.

I would have one million friends if I told people what they want to hear

Much rather act like WV didn't want Dana and WV is getting a much better coach..

Reality doesn't work that way.

I would have one million friends if I told people what they want to hear
John Prine said it first (and better.)

Reactions: Phil
The only truth he speaks is the crap spewed from his backside.

Q
TVZ speaks the truth. The rest of you can’t handle the truth.
two interviews with Brown this week.....negotiations with Holgs throughout the season.....2 days to make our pick. That sounds like we wanted to keep Holgs in your mind?

What exactly would more money get? Our asst coach carousel spinning faster? According to the ESPN article he got exactly what he wanted at UH and is home. WVU is always willing to pay more just not for 8-4 with the team he had. Ask Huggs what Final 4 and Sweet 16 teams buy you. Not sure if some posters might be relatives and I would expect them or a player to take his part, but I feel both sides won on this deal. Hoppy said it is like the office guy who did his job, didn’t stand out, and didn’t really talk to his office mates. He left and the office said Good Luck but no going away party.

Reactions: pburg01
Q

two interviews with Brown this week.....negotiations with Holgs throughout the season.....2 days to make our pick. That sounds like we wanted to keep Holgs in your mind?

I said WV didn't think he was worth the investment
I tend to agree because he went to Houston

But...

If Neal Brown is going to win and stay at WV
WV must give him what he wants.

In terms of resources.

How much money is Neal Brown getting for assistants?

Details not released but they can go 4 times Browns salary and still have more money for asst coaches.

I said WV didn't think he was worth the investment
I tend to agree because he went to Houston

But...

If Neal Brown is going to win and stay at WV
WV must give him what he wants.

In terms of resources.

How much money is Neal Brown getting for assistants?
We shelled out a pretty penny for our DC, because Dana couldn’t keep one since joining in place for longer than a year.

I can’t speak for Lyons, but for 9 years we kept a “up and coming” coach like Holgorsen happy.....and could’ve extended that span.....but we didn’t want to. We instead just hired one of the top names under 40 out there (to potentially a long term contract).

What the fvck makes you think we can’t or won’t pony up the cash for someone that’s worth it? Rodriguez? Or just delusion?

Look at our facility upgrades done and on schedule.....we aren’t what you think we are “big” Texas.

Reactions: wvufootball1976
There was a reason why Houston and Dana wanted the number released.

Cougar High is claiming the issues with Dana and WV were financial.

If you take two sides of a story the truth meets somewhere in the middle .

If you take two sides of a story the truth oftens meets somewhere in the middle .
Dana lost to ISU, Oklahoma, Ok St in a year we were supposed to challenge for the title....$$$? Nah, except for the $6m buyout we didn’t want to pay.

Reactions: wvufootball1976

If you take two sides of a story the truth meets somewhere in the middle .
Cougar “high” is right. All that “we want to win” money didn’t keep Herman in place did it?

Cougar “high” is right. All that “we want to win” money didn’t keep Herman in place did it?

Houston made a strong effort to keep Herman.
But the UT boosters already locked up Tom Herman before the end of the year

His agent was attempting to get A&M involved as well to create a spending war for him.

Houston made a strong effort to keep Herman.
But the UT boosters already locked up Tom Herman before the end of the year

His agent was attempting to get A&M involved as well to create a spending war for him.
Well good luck Cougars.....you got a coach who is a dick to his assistants, and doesn’t win big games. Way to pay.

I think we will either be in the same boat or better when it shakes out. I’m happy.

I hope Houston enjoys JC transfers and no QB backups.

Well good luck Cougars.....you got a coach who is a dick to his assistants, and doesn’t win big games. Way to pay.

I think we will either be in the same boat or better when it shakes out. I’m happy.

Could end up like June Jones at SMU...

But...DH is acting like he just got out of prison and he is in football heaven.

Think WV fans need to cut him down to size...

But claiming you didn't want him is not working because that is obviously untrue

Could end up like June Jones at SMU...

But...DH is acting like he just got out of prison and he is in football heaven.

Think WV fans need to cut him down to size...

But claiming you didn't want him is not working because that is obviously untrue
Maybe to you.

See you in 2 seasons.

No....

To the National auidence.

It wasn't a good look for WV

Unless of course the rumors of Dana's drug use are true.

Maybe WV did tell him bye because they believe the drugs were getting the best of him.
He does come off like a coke fiend and Houston has ample supply of powder.

I didn’t want him from the start. Not upset in the least. Haven’t been this excited for football in 18 years. I’ve watched the games since he came onboard. I have watched the decisions he has made on and off the field. It’s football nirvana for a 48 year Mountaineer fan. Our AD did a great job and cleaned up a mess Luck left in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT