ADVERTISEMENT

Is there another site where this troll lunacy isn’t allowed?

Don’t get feelings hurt here. Just talk sports and let us know what the roster should be next year. Break down, evaluate who needs to go or stay. Who we need to recruit that you know? Have you seen any good WV high school basketball recently??? We got a kid down in Logan County, WV that’s a star named David Early. He’s a better guard than anybody we have now.

That's the problem. You're in NOOOO position to discuss who needs to stay and go. You slander WVU athletes like you're some analyst and youre just a free board wannabe. Just stop, you're nobody....

Reactions: Rootmaster
Option A: don’t let electronic bits and words bother you or if you can’t do that just hit the ignore button. I have at least 50-60 usernames or probably 7-8 people on ignore.

And / Or

Option B: buy a Blue Lot subscription where you can talk football as well as meaningless jibberish about the movie Summer School, bits from the tv show Seinfeld, and more recently the WKRP in Cincinnati episode about the “Turkey Drop”.

Hold up......

There is a discussion about Summer School on the blue lot. DANG! I might need to join for that reason alone.

IMO, one Mark Harmons best roles.

I had a mega crush on Shawnee Smith when I was a kid. Started when I saw her in Who's Harry Crumb, which is a movie deserving of its own discussion.

No I don't like seeing attacks on players and that's one reason we're going to lose a person or two today. It's not about accepting it and there is no freedom of speech here, it's freedom to follow the rules or leave. For three decades I've had only a few simple rules and some have chosen not to follow them. As I said it's just a matter of me having the time to police things better.
But if you 86 them Vernon, won't they just come back with another handle on the free board?

On SurlyHorns....
We just neg rep you out of existence.
Steeler knows. He acted like a fool over there though .

Vernon, why don't you appoint mod powers to someone you trust to clean up the free board?

When Pride openly says he doesn't care if he gets banned, he will just create a new account, it looks bad.

That is what they have on other sites.
I know the mod on the free board was appointed on OrangeBloods
He isn't afraid to ban anyone. He doesn't allow people there with multiple profiles as well. Anyone there who post for the first time gets an IP check.

No I don't like seeing attacks on players and that's one reason we're going to lose a person or two today. It's not about accepting it and there is no freedom of speech here, it's freedom to follow the rules or leave. For three decades I've had only a few simple rules and some have chosen not to follow them. As I said it's just a matter of me having the time to police things better.
But if you 86 them Vernon, won't they just come back with another handle on the free board?

Yes sir and this goof ass has down it several times.

Wvuusa5
Wvuder7
Defenserules7
Wvpride304
Bastemyface7
Ieatchoad5
Etc etc

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Yes I need to look into the BL. Work and some other things kept me away from old fanatic WVU self. Coach Brown has me excited again for WVU football. Need to ratchet it back up again.
Thanks for listening Vernon.

Absolutely encourage it and if you do let me know and I can hook you up with some pertinent links.

Hold up......

There is a discussion about Summer School on the blue lot. DANG! I might need to join for that reason alone.

I had a mega crush on Shawnee Smith when I was a kid. Started when I saw her in Who's Harry Crumb, which is a movie deserving of its own discussion.

Summer School was iconic. Chainsaw (Francis) and his sicko sidekick partner were awesome. The scene where they terrorized the substitute was one of the best scenes in cinema.
Kirstie Ally was actually cool in that movie.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Hold up......

Shawnee Smith is a decent looking woman.
She is still no Angie Harmon though

What's really crazy is how MODs don't have time to moderate this board but have time to show up in this thread 4-5 times to promote the premium board.

In fact you won't catch them having time for any thread unless it's on the subject of premium subscriptions.

Look I get you want business that's fine and I encourage that. Just don't try and treat us like we don't understand how that works. Especially people like myself who have been visiting this site for 10 years or about.

With owning a premium subscription elsewhere PLUS insider info being literally minutes before it hits the wire it's just not worth it to most people.

Coaching "insider information" during this whole Neal Brown hiring process was hours at best before every single other place has it. There are SO many sources that leak things to national reporters it's impossible to keep a secret.

This isn't the scene of 2008 with insider scoops with Twitter and everything else available. Most people don't want to pay for a few hours heads up. Again I understand you wanting to direct people to the premium board.

I might not come here for premium information but I do come here to discuss WVU sports and I or anyone else shouldn't have to put up with 5% total bullshit that would take 20 minutes to fix.

Either fix it or do away with the free board.Not that hard. Constantly reminding everyone how lucky we are to provide this site with traffic and clicks are not the classiest things to do.

Last edited:
What's really crazy is how MODs don't have time to moderate this board but have time to show up in this thread 4-5 times to promote the premium board.

In fact you won't catch them having time for any thread unless it's on the subject of premium subscriptions.

Look I get you want business that's fine and I encourage that. Just don't try and treat us like we don't understand how that works. Especially people like myself who have been visiting this site for 10 years or about.

With owning a premium subscription elsewhere PLUS insider info being literally minutes before it hits the wire it's just not worth it to most people.

Coaching "insider information" during this whole Neal Brown hiring process was hours at best before every single other place has it. There are SO many sources that leak things to national reporters it's impossible to keep a secret.

This isn't the scene of 2008 with insider scoops with Twitter and everything else available. Most people don't want to pay for a few hours heads up. Again I understand you wanting to direct people to the premium board.

I might not come here for premium information but I do come here to discuss WVU sports and I or anyone else shouldn't have to put up with 5% total bullshit that would take 20 minutes to fix.

Either fix it or do away with the free board.Not that hard. Constantly reminding everyone how lucky we are to provide this site with traffic and clicks are not the classiest things to do.

I disagree

You have to pay somewhere to get information.

I have accounts on four Texas boards and accounts on a few other schools.

You just have to understand the source. Luckily a lot of schools Texas recruits against I have accounts for so I get info from both sides.

But...Twitter cannot compare to what you can get from the Inside.
The Inside...being as good as the reporters.
From what I have heard this is the best site for WV information

Reactions: lenny4wvu

Hmmm, trolls run the board, no time to police, expense... basically, no one cares about it. It makes sense as to why no one cares to right the wrongs that were done on SoundOff. I'm done paying for anything on rivals at this point. I'm sure you saw what happened. Anyway... c'est la vie.

Bye Felicia..

Hopefully you enjoy the in depth recruiting analysts on Hoopla.

I see the true reason why you came back

Really have to disagree with you on the Blue Board. There is a wealth of information there with most coming days or even weeks a head of national reports. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt

Oh yeah I’m sure Vernon will take heed to this advice.
To quote Jerry on Seinfeld “Oh I really like idea.”

Bye Felicia..

Hopefully you enjoy the in depth recruiting analysts on Hoopla.

I see the true reason why you came back
hqdefault.jpg

Really have to disagree with you on the Blue Board. There is a wealth of information there with most coming days or even weeks a head of national reports. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
Relevant information does not come out weeks ahead. No one without a NDA would be so tight-lipped about important news that it wouldn't make it out to facebook, twitter, a friend in conversation, etc.. Blue Lot members might be privy to things like who's on the shortlist for the DBs coach or a potential recruit, but to think that Brown's hiring or DH's leaving was known to anyone outside the top brass with the Athletic Dept days (let alone weeks) ahead of time is disingenuous.

Relevant information does not come out weeks ahead. No one without a NDA would be so tight-lipped about important news that it wouldn't make it out to facebook, twitter, a friend in conversation, etc.. Blue Lot members might be privy to things like who's on the shortlist for the DBs coach or a potential recruit, but to think that Brown's hiring or DH's leaving was known to anyone outside the top brass with the Athletic Dept days (let alone weeks) ahead of time is disingenuous.
I am sure you are right since you are on there all the time right? LOL

This was always a great site to get info and insight on WVU. Now it is a few dudes with multiple log ins spewing bullshit. Started here in 2001, quit posting for awhile but still logged in. Now this. Hate to see a good site go to crap. Guess it drives business to the paid site.
WVUBuck, just put a call-out to you in the All-time MMB Ignore List thread. I've been running this one for a few months now trying to encourage people to a.) not give up on the MMB, b.) help each other to take out the trash.

We can police this ourselves by putting these idiots on ignore and not responding to them. They are only looking for the gratification, so deny them that and they will stop coming here to ruin it for everyone else.

I don't think @Vernon minds that I do this or that I encourage others to follow suit and take out the trash. I've been on this site for years, mostly on the free board and more recently on the premium side at The Blue Lot; which is well worth the price, IMO. But I also understand how much work has to be put in to maintain this site and this is the way that I can help on the free side to clean up the trash.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

Reactions: WVUBuck and Vernon
I'm beginning to think some of the trolls on this forum are actually placed here as a great marketing ploy to move posters to the paid forum.

How else could you explain the stupidity by the likes of Townes and his 46 other profiles? Hell of a marketing idea, if you ask me.

MichiganHerd?

Truthfully I come over here and expect good football conversation.
I might end up over on the BL because of that.

This message board should serve a lot better purpose than it does.
It is overran by a bunch of people like yourself and OSUgrad.

People who attack WV.

It was already here when I arrived

Some of you that are suppose to police your own board have let it go on ...

GregJacobs thinks he owns this place.
Calls himself Royalty on YOUR message board

What makes you think he doesn't own it?

That is on you.

A message board pretty much represents a fanbase.
Even these free boards. Pitt fans like GregJacobs are on here for one reason and one reason only and that is to keep you as their co dependent.
But that co dependency is not there anymore because the Big 33 in PA are not what they once where.
WV doesn't need PA recruits. They need GA, NC, FL, TX, LA and DMV recruits.

That is on you.

A message board pretty much represents a fanbase.
Even these free boards. Pitt fans like GregJacobs are on here for one reason and one reason only and that is to keep you as their co dependent.
But that co dependency is not there anymore because the Big 33 in PA are not what they once where.
WV doesn't need PA recruits. They need GA, NC, FL, TX, LA and DMV recruits.

Yet you are a Texas fan on a WVU board. Pot meet Kettle. I suggest you take your argument to GregJacobs. If he hasn't been banned.

Where is spookycat? That's one profile that has been missing for sometime.

I tolerated TVZ at first but she's on my ignore list now, and the alter ego 304 goes today.

FYI anyone on here, free board or not has the power to put these trolls on ignore. It's kind of humorous at first but the redundancy and lack of creative trolling material leaves a lot to be desired in the world of amusement.... so its time for the free ignore button.

Some folks have no problem paying for insider info. More power to them and the folks with like Vernon the info. Its free trade. Is a paid message board an old business model? Of course, but when there is unique content like insider info where people who pay will know what it is before anyone else, then its about the only business model that would work in that situation. The only other thing I could see is charging a small fee per insider article --like charge $3 or $5 bucks to read that article and do that for each one, then give everyone the ability to pay for each individual insider article with comments/forum below. One popular article could explode with 3000 $5 clicks, etc. I've set similar stuff up before. It works very well for certain things like guitar lessons, etc. Some folks find it easier to pay that $5 over and over again in a given year rather than to commit to paying $100 up front or whatever it may be..

But whatever. The overall board mood would be way better right now if WVU basketball didnt suck so bad. After losing to ISU, OSU and OU in football a lot of us were putting our hopes in the bball team to have any kind of special season this year. Seemed like potential was there for it. Now everyone is ready for a colon cleanse on the free board. Have to remove the toxins like 304 from the intestines.

This was always a great site to get info and insight on WVU. Now it is a few dudes with multiple log ins spewing bullshit. Started here in 2001, quit posting for awhile but still logged in. Now this. Hate to see a good site go to crap. Guess it drives business to the paid site.

Yes there is. But not allowed to link promote said board in threads.

I'm not interested in leading people to the pay side in that manner but I also don't have time to come over and worry about watching all of the BS that goes on. If you look around you'll find that big sites have shut down their free boards for that reason. We don't operate on advertising so the free board is an expense and not a money maker.

@Vernon

To increase revenues, and to keep the free board from being an expense, why not attach advertising to the free message boards only? This way at least its paying for itself, or absorbing some of the costs... Im sure the website designer has the ability to place advertising/marketing links/adds/etc on specific pages... WIN+WIN

Every time someone "clicks" on a post, an add would be linked to each post, so it would count as "viewed"... Im sure there are countless ways to implement it to most efficiently extract the revenue without reducing the readers experience..

I have visited the other wvu sites and they all have riff raff to some extent. Overall I think the 24/7 board has the most content if you're not willing to pay. They have had trouble makers over there from time to time but I think the mods do a better job at adressing it quicker.

I have visited the other wvu sites and they all have riff raff to some extent. Overall I think the 24/7 board has the most content if you're not willing to pay. They have had trouble makers over there from time to time but I think the mods do a better job at adressing it quicker.

They do have Colorado Mountaineer/David Berkowitz over there...

It doesn't matter if you respond or not, he makes random threads referencing things said weeks ago...repeatedly. He responds to himself, he hijacks other threads with non sequiturs about moo u players, how much Huggins sucks, and how pathetic our players are.

It's frankly an indictment against the level of giving a shit that Vernon has for this board. Yeah, I know no one has time to be on here 24/7, but when the website is literally your job, you'd think there would be some time to clean house. And it doesn't begin and end with pride. This site has been rife with trolls for years. I've never seen another board on rivals allow so much shit posting to go on, and from other fanbases coming here and infesting the place.

Whether it's va tech, uga, bc, texas or any other fanbase coming here and bombarding the board with insults of poverty, inbred, US News ranking, etc. This shit as gone on forever.

As for pride, his act has been allowed for a year. Other posters here bicker back and forth but none are so single-mindedly focused on flooding the board with mental waste. There is one real problem on this board and it's him. It isn't difficult to ban one person with a history of ruining everything discussion thread since last March.

And I'm probably more likely to get banned for making this post criticizing the moderation than pride is for being a cancer with everything letter he types.
Perhaps you should look into using the “ignore” function? That’s what it’s there for..

Ignore feature makes this place tolerable once i hit the button(S). Plural! Tx idiots and others.

Don’t get feelings hurt here. Just talk sports and let us know what the roster should be next year. Break down, evaluate who needs to go or stay. Who we need to recruit that you know? Have you seen any good WV high school basketball recently??? We got a kid down in Logan County, WV that’s a star named David Early. He’s a better guard than anybody we have now.

I checked out available video on David Early as you suggested. He is definitely a baller but he is athletic enough to play any sport and be good. But he's a big guy genetically and seems to still be growing. He is most recently listed as 6'3" and 240 lbs. I know he's a talent at guard in basketball and at QB in football but that may not be where his future is in college. He only plays QB because he is the best athlete on a team short on numbers. He could be the best tight end in the state. JMHO

I checked out available video on David Early as you suggested. He is definitely a baller but he is athletic enough to play any sport and be good. But he's a big guy genetically and seems to still be growing. He is most recently listed as 6'3" and 240 lbs. I know he's a talent at guard in basketball and at QB in football but that may not be where his future is in college. He only plays QB because he is the best athlete on a team short on numbers. He could be the best tight end in the state. JMHO

I agree.
He should play football.

Because of his quick feet and obviously quick step I have him on the DL.

A lot of undersized 6-1 to 6-3 DL that made a living being quicker than the OL.
Ed Oliver is the lastest.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
David Early has dropped football to focus on basketball. He had a cannon for an arm and athletic ability but he’s going for basketball and has a huge upside. He’s 6-3 to 6-4 legit and 240-250 as a junior guard. He will be incredible at WVU eating a better diet and working with strength and conditioning staff. Early is a 5 star level at shooting guard. He can score from anywhere against anybody.

Huggins will need to get on him hard about committing soon. The interest is exploding and the bigger offers are coming after season this spring and summer. Pitt just had him up for a visit and SEC, Big East, ACC, Big 10 schools are getting involved. WVU had him up vs Oklahoma a few weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT