ADVERTISEMENT

Is there another site where this troll lunacy isn’t allowed?

WVUBuck

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
This was always a great site to get info and insight on WVU. Now it is a few dudes with multiple log ins spewing bullshit. Started here in 2001, quit posting for awhile but still logged in. Now this. Hate to see a good site go to crap. Guess it drives business to the paid site.

Dude all these sites are fool of people talking trash and being nasty. 247 is full of nasty retarted posters. Chris Anderson needs the clueless out of state bozos that aren’t in WV and don’t know shit. He knows they rely on his mostly wrong stuff. Didn’t Chris say Chuggs was good. Lol.....Why do some believe his opinion? He’s wrong sometimes.

It’s a message board. It’s not real in person trash talk. Who cares what anybody says here. It shouldn’t bother you. We don’t even know each other. Who cares.......say what you say. If you don’t like or agree with someone else state your opinion. It’s like whatever.

This was always a great site to get info and insight on WVU. Now it is a few dudes with multiple log ins spewing bullshit. Started here in 2001, quit posting for awhile but still logged in. Now this. Hate to see a good site go to crap. Guess it drives business to the paid site.
I'm not interested in leading people to the pay side in that manner but I also don't have time to come over and worry about watching all of the BS that goes on. If you look around you'll find that big sites have shut down their free boards for that reason. We don't operate on advertising so the free board is an expense and not a money maker. I often pull 16+ hours in a day and I really don't have the time to do anything more. When I do have the time I often come over and remove trouble makers.

I've always enjoyed having the free board, quite possibly the oldest forum on the internet, but from a business standpoint it is like watching people come in your bar, sit and eat the peanuts while never buying a drink yet they bitch and complain about the other customers.

It’s your business and you obviously have a right to run it as you see fit. It’s tough watching posters talk trash about kids playing ball. Coaches get paid so it comes with the job unfortunately. Freedom of speech in all its forms I guess. Just hope our recruits and players either ignore it or use it for motivation.

It’s your business and you obviously have a right to run it as you see fit. It’s tough watching posters talk trash about kids playing ball. Coaches get paid so it comes with the job unfortunately. Freedom of speech in all its forms I guess. Just hope our recruits and players either ignore it or use it for motivation.
No I don't like seeing attacks on players and that's one reason we're going to lose a person or two today. It's not about accepting it and there is no freedom of speech here, it's freedom to follow the rules or leave. For three decades I've had only a few simple rules and some have chosen not to follow them. As I said it's just a matter of me having the time to police things better.

I really encourage the BL. There are a couple knuckleheads but that board has great talks and some real insiders. Vernon and Keno always keep you updated on information

How can we discuss the team or WVU sports without talking about players? Players come and go. Your either good or your not. You either work hard or you don’t. How can we not criticize players at times? Players transfer, leave all the time everywhere. I’m not the only one here that threw players under the bus at times.

How can we discuss the team or WVU sports without talking about players? Players come and go. Your either good or your not. You either work hard or you don’t. How can we not criticize players at times? Players transfer, leave all the time everywhere. I’m not the only one here that threw players under the bus at times.

Awwwww boo hoo. “But mommy, other kids get it do it and I don’t. That’s not fair.” Cry me a river. Nobody feels sorry for you. Your antics are played out and rules are simple.

Vernon, why don't you appoint mod powers to someone you trust to clean up the free board?

When Pride openly says he doesn't care if he gets banned, he will just create a new account, it looks bad.

I know I’m very guilty of feeding the troll boy but I’m willing to bet if we just don’t feed into him, he will start getting desperate for attention and really start digging at the staff/players. He’s really close now to losing his mind

It doesn't matter if you respond or not, he makes random threads referencing things said weeks ago...repeatedly. He responds to himself, he hijacks other threads with non sequiturs about moo u players, how much Huggins sucks, and how pathetic our players are.

It's frankly an indictment against the level of giving a shit that Vernon has for this board. Yeah, I know no one has time to be on here 24/7, but when the website is literally your job, you'd think there would be some time to clean house. And it doesn't begin and end with pride. This site has been rife with trolls for years. I've never seen another board on rivals allow so much shit posting to go on, and from other fanbases coming here and infesting the place.

Whether it's va tech, uga, bc, texas or any other fanbase coming here and bombarding the board with insults of poverty, inbred, US News ranking, etc. This shit as gone on forever.

As for pride, his act has been allowed for a year. Other posters here bicker back and forth but none are so single-mindedly focused on flooding the board with mental waste. There is one real problem on this board and it's him. It isn't difficult to ban one person with a history of ruining everything discussion thread since last March.

And I'm probably more likely to get banned for making this post criticizing the moderation than pride is for being a cancer with everything letter he types.

Dude all these sites are fool of people talking trash and being nasty. 247 is full of nasty retarted posters. Chris Anderson needs the clueless out of state bozos that aren’t in WV and don’t know shit. He knows they rely on his mostly wrong stuff. Didn’t Chris say Chuggs was good. Lol.....Why do some believe his opinion? He’s wrong sometimes.

It’s a message board. It’s not real in person trash talk. Who cares what anybody says here. It shouldn’t bother you. We don’t even know each other. Who cares.......say what you say. If you don’t like or agree with someone else state your opinion. It’s like whatever.

RepulsiveLimitedAmazonparrot-poster.jpg

It's more the way you do it, with ignorance.

FINAL FOUR BABY!!!!!

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
Oh bodhi get a life. It’s just a message board. Nobody should offend you like that. Dude it’s only a message board. Nobody knows each other. It’s like who cares. Stick to talking sports man. Let’s hear your roster breakdown on who should be back next year. I’d like to hear you talk WVU sports. You seem to be more interested in cutting folks down and joking around or crying about other posters.

I’m sorry for ruining weirdo Pratt and Keatoncornerloser. They got exposed.

Oh bodhi get a life. It’s just a message board. Nobody should offend you like that. Dude it’s only a message board. Nobody knows each other. It’s like who cares. Stick to talking sports man. Let’s hear your roster breakdown on who should be back next year. I’d like to hear you talk WVU sports. You seem to be more interested in cutting folks down and joking around or crying about other posters.

I’m sorry for ruining weirdo Pratt and Keatoncornerloser. They got exposed.

Cry more lol

It doesn't matter if you respond or not, he makes random threads referencing things said weeks ago...repeatedly. He responds to himself, he hijacks other threads with non sequiturs about moo u players, how much Huggins sucks, and how pathetic our players are.

It's frankly an indictment against the level of giving a shit that Vernon has for this board. Yeah, I know no one has time to be on here 24/7, but when the website is literally your job, you'd think there would be some time to clean house. And it doesn't begin and end with pride. This site has been rife with trolls for years. I've never seen another board on rivals allow so much shit posting to go on, and from other fanbases coming here and infesting the place.

Whether it's va tech, uga, bc, texas or any other fanbase coming here and bombarding the board with insults of poverty, inbred, US News ranking, etc. This shit as gone on forever.

As for pride, his act has been allowed for a year. Other posters here bicker back and forth but none are so single-mindedly focused on flooding the board with mental waste. There is one real problem on this board and it's him. It isn't difficult to ban one person with a history of ruining everything discussion thread since last March.

And I'm probably more likely to get banned for making this post criticizing the moderation than pride is for being a cancer with everything letter he types.

I haven't been on this board much of late either, but from being on here recently this does seem to be the case.

Any other board I've been on will wipe this type of trash out under 24 hours yet this clown has been posting this crap within the last year and to my surprise is still here.

Who cares. Post sports talk. Save the cry baby stuff. The biggest issue is posters like you that waste posts crying about other posters. Grow up and talk sports. Breakdown the roster. Tell us who needs to go or stay. Let’s hear it.

Who cares. Post sports talk. Save the cry baby stuff. The biggest issue is posters like you that waste posts crying about other posters. Grow up and talk sports. Breakdown the roster. Tell us who needs to go or stay. Let’s hear it.

I like what you posted. The thing is, I don't think that Vernon realizes how much the free board influences the pay board.

First, let me lead with how much I appreciate the free board. I understand the business model for the pay board and how it works. Kudos for that. But, just speaking for myself, I believe that "information" should be paid for but "discussion" should be free. I don't have to pay for information so I don't but others who want it must do so and I'm cool with that.

But, someone comes onto the board trying to decide whether he wants to shell out the money for information gets his first taste of what the pay site will be like by looking at the free board. Perhaps one looks at the free board and sees all these ridiculous posts of ad hominem attacks, constant hijacks of threads, and just generally childish behavior and thinks to himself "Why would I pay $100 for this because what's to keep Troll X from paying his $100 and doing the same over there?".

Vernon can do what many other sites have done and do away with the free boards. But, those sites don't have near the traffic as those that have free sites. There will be only a few on the pay site who will simply parrot each others responses to the point where there is really no discussion at all.

Therefore, I think it is imperative that steps be taken to clean up the board. Not for content but more for civility. Those who can't debate without doing so civilly have to go. Disagreements are to be expected but the constant PERSONAL attacks on certain posters for ANYTHING they post needs to earn the ban hammer. If you can't act like a grown-up, then get out. Therefore, better "policing" of the free board should have a better economic impact on the pay board for the future.

Yes I need to look into the BL. Work and some other things kept me away from old fanatic WVU self. Coach Brown has me excited again for WVU football. Need to ratchet it back up again.
Thanks for listening Vernon.

It’s worth it. I don’t post there much but I like the site way better.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
What's frustrating is the excuse of "I don't have time to police the board 24/7." That may work on those weeks when opponents kamikaze the board prior to a Saturday football game. Still, when the site is YOUR JOB, you'd think it'd be pretty easy to moderate.

However, this is a one-man wrecking ball of retarded takes and petty jabs at WVU athletes. It's been this way for a year. One screen name, same old shit. The problem is obvious and it's one person. The consensus is no one likes him, no one wants him here, he speaks to people like shit, and he's been given carte blanche for far too long. It takes a couple of clicks to ban an IP. It's insulting to everyone here that Vernon has allowed it.

Bodhi do you talk sports or just cry about other posters? Man up. Grow some balls and talk sports. Stop making useless cry baby posts about posters you don’t like and why they should be banned. Boo hooo...let’s here you talk about the roster and sports. What in state kids do we need to keep? Who needs to stay or go? Who has potential in your eyes?

I haven't had time to watch WVU this year. I've been too busy traveling around the state scouting random basketball games from Tygarts Valley to Ceredo.

I strut into these little schools with a ledger, maintain a pensive look with my pen to my lip and make periodic scribbles on my legal pad and men in camouflage hats whisper to one another about the mysterious man and wonder who he may be there to see since none on either team can go left or make a reverse layup. Still yet, I leave with a pleased look on my face ready to share the information I found to nameless, faceless strangers on a message board where I am not welcomed.

I've put a lot time and miles in but have recently concluded that it's all for naught because as it turns out, I'm not a member of the coaching staff or even a recruiting consultant for the team. Instead, I've seen my findings ridiculed and dismissed. And rather than being viewed in fascination when I enter these tiny gyms across this great state bereft of PC culture and spoiled millennials, I'm met with confusion and whispers no longer of reserved intrigue, but of bewilderment. Maybe it's because I spend more time yelling about the chili at the concession stand being too spicy.

Or no, maybe that's you.

I haven't had time to watch WVU this year. I've been too busy traveling around the state scouting random basketball games from Tygarts Valley to Ceredo.

I strut into these little schools with a ledger, maintain a pensive look with my pen to my lip and make periodic scribbles on my legal pad and men in camouflage hats whisper to one another about the mysterious man and wonder who he may be there to see since none on either team can go left or make a reverse layup. Still yet, I leave with a pleased look on my face ready to share the information I found to nameless, faceless strangers on a message board where I am not welcomed.

I've put a lot time and miles in but have recently concluded that it's all for naught because as it turns out, I'm not a member of the coaching staff or even a recruiting consultant for the team. Instead, I've seen my findings ridiculed and dismissed. And rather than being viewed in fascination when I enter these tiny gyms across this great state bereft of PC culture and spoiled millennials, I'm met with confusion and whispers no longer of reserved intrigue, but of bewilderment. Maybe it's because I spend more time yelling about the chili at the concession stand being too spicy.

Or no, maybe that's you.

Oh wow! You just roasted him!!!! Lolol

Bodhi it sounds like you never ventured into Logan County, WV to see the real deal 2020 class David Early, the top guard in state. He just scored 38 points on one of the top AAA teams GW. Go see him play Chapmanville this Thursday and let us know. Lol

Pride304 needs to post a selfie of the so called high school games he attends.

WVUallen did you hear from anybody that attended the game from George Washington about playing at Logan High and David Early this past Saturday night? I know Early scored 38 points. They said he put on a show. Huggs better lock him up now. Don’t you live in Charleston area and are you a GW guy? I know you attended some GW football. Just curious if you heard anything. I heard the environment was crazy Saturday night the Charleston Gazette reported.

Keep in mind Logan plays at Chapmanville this coming Thursday January 31. That’s going to be a crazy atmosphere with Obinna Killen and David Early and 2 of the top teams in state battling down there. Could be 2 future Mountaineers playing against each other. Following week on Friday night Feb. 8 Chapmanville plays at Logan High in a big jam packed Willie Akers Arena atmosphere. Going to be a wild scene and great WV HS basketball.

Sorry but I no longer attend games at high school since the friends of a player no longer are there.

Does this mean you will attack and claim they suck and should have never been on the team. They're taking minutes away from Horton.

Pride304 needs to post a selfie of the so called high school games he attends.
B8iCcexIEAA5nuI.jpg

They keep telling him to stop breaking in to the school's fanshop during instructional hours and jumping in the handshake line but he just won't stop.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
WVUALLEN get down to the state tourney downtown this year. It will be loaded this year. Last years AA was top heavy with 2 teams way better than everyone else in all Class levels. That was Fairmont Senior and Chapmanville. This year both are still very good but other teams have gotten older, better, more talented like Bluefield, Logan High in AA. It’s going to be a showdown Final 4 in AA. AA is tops in WV basketball last couple years. Talent will be on display and D1 schools will be scouting, recruiting. A couple Mountaineers on display. Huggs needs them.

Class A has some better basketball this year. Several of the private schools in Class A have stolen talent off AAA schools from around the state.

AAA has a stronger, older Martinsburg and several other good teams like University High, Wheeling Park, GW, Morgantown......Wheeling Park returned top 6-7 players and look very good. They are much better. University High junior PG Kaden Metheny will put on a show in AAA. He’s the best point guard in Morgantown right now. He’s better than WVU guards.

Vernon, why don't you appoint mod powers to someone you trust to clean up the free board?

When Pride openly says he doesn't care if he gets banned, he will just create a new account, it looks bad.
You may want to add 'business ethics' to that. Mod 'powers' go to some peoples heads...
Here I am bitching on a free board about no one accepting my money.
Irony, LOL!! Sound Off lost 50-80 posters over a weeks period... many of whom were paying customers. Rivals/Oath has serious issues.

Option A: don’t let electronic bits and words bother you or if you can’t do that just hit the ignore button. I have at least 50-60 usernames or probably 7-8 people on ignore.

And / Or

Option B: buy a Blue Lot subscription where you can talk football as well as meaningless jibberish about the movie Summer School, bits from the tv show Seinfeld, and more recently the WKRP in Cincinnati episode about the “Turkey Drop”.

Don’t get feelings hurt here. Just talk sports and let us know what the roster should be next year. Break down, evaluate who needs to go or stay. Who we need to recruit that you know? Have you seen any good WV high school basketball recently??? We got a kid down in Logan County, WV that’s a star named David Early. He’s a better guard than anybody we have now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT