ADVERTISEMENT

Is Esa Ahmad back for Oklahoma?

The last I heard was Texas Tech, with the possibility of Baylor a few days before, but that was well before the season. Sometime around the second week of January is my best guess.

The last I heard was Texas Tech, with the possibility of Baylor a few days before, but that was well before the season. Sometime around the second week of January is my best guess.

He was suspended for 1st semester. So technically, the first day of the 2nd semester he is eligible. When do students return for 2nd semester?

He was suspended for 1st semester. So technically, the first day of the 2nd semester he is eligible. When do students return for 2nd semester?

That’s the thing. Most are counting games but it’s not clear if it’s 16 games or one semester.

If you don't get an answer I'll ask the youngest if she gets in before I go to bed. If not when I talk to her tomorrow. She's a student there.

Esa gives us more size which is much needed. Huggins has stated he’s older and better than ever. He will impact nicely. Bender is making baby steps which is a positive. Konate is very good already and Esa adds more depth and size down low and gives us a inside and out talent. Esa is a versatile junior that will elevate this team.

The Baylor game in the Coliseum January 9 would go crazy if Esa plays. It would be quite a scene if he makes his return at home. Most anticipate the next game at Texas Tech as the game he returns.

This seems like the biggest secret in the nation. Some say Texas Tech, some say Baylor.........but nobody says the key word "officially ________". Why all the secrecy?

Even if Huggins knows for sure, he is being coy about it. Guess he wants to keep the opposition in the dark about whether they have to prep for Esa too. My info says he plays at TT. Baylor would be a pleasant surprise.

I sure hope Esa comes back for the Kansas State game. The basketball team is playing well but Esa would be so beneficial as the Mountaineers march toward madness. Warez

Ok, then.......how long was he suspended?

For the first semester, but...... he has to get his grades back, get them to the NCAA, and wait for them to review and send back their ruling. So there is really no way to know exactly when he will be available because it depends on when the NCAA gets around to it.

For the first semester, but...... he has to get his grades back, get them to the NCAA, and wait for them to review and send back their ruling. So there is really no way to know exactly when he will be available because it depends on when the NCAA gets around to it.
Academics have nothing to do with why he was suspended. The suspension is for half the season. That is either 15, 15.5 or 16 games. Looks like the NCAA is rounding up.

Academics have nothing to do with why he was suspended. The suspension is for half the season. That is either 15, 15.5 or 16 games. Looks like the NCAA is rounding up.

Didn't say that it had anything to do with academics, only that he had to complete the first semester (successfully), then get cleared by NCAA. There is no definite number of games, because no one knows how long that will take. That's my understanding of the situation, just passing it along.

Didn't say that it had anything to do with academics, only that he had to complete the first semester (successfully), then get cleared by NCAA. There is no definite number of games, because no one knows how long that will take. That's my understanding of the situation, just passing it along.
Half a season was his penalty. Been discuss a lot since last spring on the Blue Lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT