ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting personal observation on the Big 12 today...

and your point is Allen?

People like to throw out numbers like 44 scholarships offered and 30 recruits over a 7 year period. But what do these numbers actually mean. Is 44 scholarship offers allot? How many scholarships have we offered on an average year lets saying going back to the nehlen years? When it comes to 30 players from the state of Florida in the last 7 years DH had 12 commitments in his 1st year when we were still playing in the Big east. The bulk of recruits from the state of Florida came at the beginning of his tenure when we still had close ties an actually had a team from florida that we played on a yearly basis. When Miami left the big east from the Acc the big east coachs were insistant that we needed a team from florida. maybe were seeing now what they meant. Its pretty clear over the last few years that the sucess we had in Florida isn't what it used to be for whatever reason.

Reactions: Rootmaster
A lot of magazines have diff covers for diff regions with the exact same content.
This is true. You would be able to find Big 12 covers on magazine shelves in the central states. I am a bit surprised they distribute Big 10 covers in Florida.

People like to throw out numbers like 44 scholarships offered and 30 recruits over a 7 year period. But what do these numbers actually mean. Is 44 scholarship offers allot? How many scholarships have we offered on an average year lets saying going back to the nehlen years? When it comes to 30 players from the state of Florida in the last 7 years DH had 12 commitments in his 1st year when we were still playing in the Big east. The bulk of recruits from the state of Florida came at the beginning of his tenure when we still had close ties an actually had a team from florida that we played on a yearly basis. When Miami left the big east from the Acc the big east coachs were insistant that we needed a team from florida. maybe were seeing now what they meant. Its pretty clear over the last few years that the sucess we had in Florida isn't what it used to be for whatever reason.
Actually a good point about having a team in Florida. I think I saw that we had 176 offers last year. There are a couple of really good threads on the Blue Lot that go into a lot of depth about the issue.

I never posted Big12 hurt recruiting. I posted Big12 hasn't helped recruiting. At least signicantly helped. Sorry if my wording was confusing. Personally I thought the Big12 would have bumped class ranking up to top 25 but it didn't.
Quality of recruits has increased since joining the B-12 but with the low numbers of quality athletes produced in WV, recruiting will always be an uphill battle for WVU. Staff turnover also affects the areas we recruit as new coaches have built their reputations from different states.

and your point is Allen?

The man asked how many recruits are coming from other states and where are coaches recruiting. So shove your responses up your fat ass bitch.

That's my point prick.

and what proof do you have? recruiting rankings have gotten worse since BS.

On the surface BS recruiting rankings were decent avg. But how many of those called top recruits stayed or never made it? Thus causing a shortage of players and a low depth chart.

What proof do you have that you're actually over 12? Rootbastard.

Quality of recruits has increased since joining the B-12 but with the low numbers of quality athletes produced in WV, recruiting will always be an uphill battle for WVU. Staff turnover also affects the areas we recruit as new coaches have built their reputations from different states.

Quality increased...... ok it must be true because the new guy says so. According tomRivals not so much so take a lap newbee.

Let me guess. Its Buckhead.

I think the most accurate assessment of any school's recruiting relates to the player's final year. Did they start or were they at least an active and effective back-up? Did the team win 9 or more games and compete for the conference championship?

Speculation and predictions regarding a player's potential is a necessary part of the recruiting process, but it is not an accurate assessment of their value as a major college football player. Recruiting class rankings have some value, but they are also something of a beauty contest.

By the way, that's my name except for the br. That is also my actual recent photo in my avatar. No one can call me two faced, because if I had two I surely would not have worn that one. I was born, raised, worked in and retired from Charleston, WV, but I now live in South Carolina. I do miss home and fly a WVU flag on my front porch. None of that makes me special, but it does show I am a true Mountaineer fan and proud of it.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT