ADVERTISEMENT

Information on Terps from Maryland web sites

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Maryland returns to the postseason in its first year under coach Kevin Willard.

The Terps’ top scorer averaging 16.1 points per game, graduate student point guard Jahmir Young, transferred from North Carolina Charlotte. Other double-digit scoring averages are by Hakim Hart and Donta Scott, both 11.5 points per game, and Julian Reese, at 11.2.

Reese is the top rebounder, with 233 (7.3 per game).

Top scorer Young also has the most assists (104), but also the most turnovers (69). Mixed bag.

Ian Martinez is the best 3-point shooter at 43.1% (25 for 58).

The Terps will face No. 9 seed West Virginia on Thursday at 12:15 p.m. in Birmingham, Alabama.

Maryland (21-12, 11-9 Big Ten) will play in its third NCAA Tournament in the last four years it has been held.

The Terps will be the No. 8 seed for only the second time. In 1983 an 8 seed Maryland edged 9 seed Tennessee-Chattanooga, 52-51, before falling to 1 seed Houston, 60-50.

The Terps have reached the Sweet Sixteen 14 times, the Elite Eight 4 times, the Final Four 2 times and won the NCAA championship in 2002. Maryland coaches were Bud Millikan, Lefty Driesell and Gary Williams.

The Terps are 14-24 against the Mountaineers and 1-1 against WVU in the NCAA Tournament. In 2015, 5 seed West Virginia defeated 4 seed Maryland, 69-59, in the second round.

A win on Thursday would send the Terps to their third second-round appearance in a row and pit them against either No. 1 overall seed Alabama (29-5) or Southland Conference champion Texas Corpus Christi (23-10). The second round game would take place Saturday.

If the opponent is Alabama, Maryland is 2-3 overall against top seeds in the postseason. In 2016 a 1 seed Kansas beat the Terps, 79-63.

It's not from Maryland Web Site

Stolen from an Article by Ethan Bock

How Does West Virginia Match Up with Maryland and Alabama?
Published : 21 hours ago on March 14, 2023

By Ethan Bock

From WV Sports Now
How does WVU match up with Maryland and Alabama?

Some shifty cut, paste and edit moves included.

It amazes me that forums allow CFE to plagiarize and get away with it. Someday a real writer will sue this and tos. Not if but when.
Don't you have so much empathy for someone to who lets the world know how sad and miserable his life is, as revealed by his continuous hateful posts? Let's have a pity party for him. Or look up "plagiarize" for him and explain the meaning. Hell, he even pretends that I never graduated from WVU School of Journalism and spent 42 years on newspapers in West Virginia, Florida and Ohio. I mean, how miserable do you have to be about YOURSELF to concoct so many hateful lies about a person you've never met. He is, indeed, more to be pitied than censored. I post, he responds with insults but no facts about WVU and the Big 12. You would think he would realize he's on a WVU forum not a venting trip his physiatrict recommended.

Don't you have so much empathy for someone to who lets the world know how sad and miserable his life is, as revealed by his continuous hateful posts? Let's have a pity party for him. Or look up "plagiarize" for him and explain the meaning. Hell, he even pretends that I never graduated from WVU School of Journalism and spent 42 years on newspapers in West Virginia, Florida and Ohio. I mean, how miserable do you have to be about YOURSELF to concoct so many hateful lies about a person you've never met. He is, indeed, more to be pitied than censored. I post, he responds with insults but no facts about WVU and the Big 12. You would think he would realize he's on a WVU forum not a venting trip his physiatrict recommended.
Really stings you when the truth about your crock of crap oozes out doesn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT