ADVERTISEMENT

Informal Poll

again you-all waste more time
talking Marshall

vice recognizing the
Friday Villanova game is the biggest game in WVU history, to date

Why would you ask these morons? You know you’re going to get a stupid response 100% of the time. Snowballs answer personifies the board mentality
and the mentality of every one associated with WVU....you all dug your hole.....dig yourselves out....it's not nice to antagonize big brother

again you-all waste more time
talking Marshall

vice recognizing the
Friday Villanova game is the biggest game in WVU history, to date

Two things. One: Although the 'nova game is big. Don't think it's the biggest one in WVU history. There are quite a few I'd say were bigger. Notably, the Cal game for the NCAA Championship in 1959 would probably top the list. (in keeping with the spirit of this topic no marshall game would make the top 1,000. )

And B: Were you in the military? The use of the word vice leads me to think so. When I use it most folks have no idea what I'm saying.

Two things. One: Although the 'nova game is big. Don't think it's the biggest one in WVU history. There are quite a few I'd say were bigger. Notably, the Cal game for the NCAA Championship in 1959 would probably top the list. (in keeping with the spirit of this topic no marshall game would make the top 1,000. )

And B: Were you in the military? The use of the word vice leads me to think so. When I use it most folks have no idea what I'm saying.

USNavy civilian engineering
32+ years.....

Naval Sea Systems Command ...
USNavy Chief Engineer's Office all 32 +

the biggest game
is always the next...

not a game w Jerry and Hot Rod

ps...i watched Villanova/Bama
and Nova scoted 50 in 1st half

4 for 1 in football

2/3 to 1 in basketball

What ends up happening in football is Mountaineer Fans like me buy season tickets for Marshall Football to attend the game in Huntington. The same can't be said in reverse

and the mentality of every one associated with WVU....you all dug your hole.....dig yourselves out....it's not nice to antagonize big brother

I give ZERO FVCKS if we ever play WVU in any sport. We don’t need you anymore then you need us. That’s been my stance and opinion since day 1. Were the games fun? I enjoyed watching them but if they never come back it won’t bother me

I give ZERO FVCKS if we ever play WVU in any sport. We don’t need you anymore then you need us. That’s been my stance and opinion since day 1. Were the games fun? I enjoyed watching them but if they never come back it won’t bother me
Because the games were fun is precisely why they should be played....isn't the bottom line concerning college sports about entertainment?

Unfortunately, no.

Really, they should be about the entertainment, development, and recreation of the Student Athletes and not us spectators.

But that not the way it is now. And what it is about is generating dollars from spectators and not just the entertainment of a small group of spectators.

Last edited:
Because the games were fun is precisely why they should be played....isn't the bottom line concerning college sports about entertainment?
Actually, have to agree to that logic. I think we will play the basketball game in the near future but no football game. WVU plays 9 conference games and plays two power 5 teams a year for the next 7 or so years. That leaves one game, a buy game for a home game. If MVU is not interested in the buy-in game, they aren't in the B12 and they are not a power 5 team, where is the room to play MVU?

Last edited:
Need to know WV fans:

Are you in favor of playing the Herd in football or basketball in the regular season, without 100% of the games being played in Morgantown? Obviously, the Herd will never agree to only coming to Morgantown, so just want to know from the regulars here. Is this your stance as well?
No, watched too many of them. We had high risk of injuries in many
circumstances by frustrated M players.

if we are pussies then what does 12-0 say about the stumbling herd.?..if you are 0-12 against "pussies" then maybe a drop back to 1-AA would be a good move for the herd....the big fish in a little pond thing

At least we aren’t complaining about “high risk of injuries.” Bunch of candyasses

He’s fine, and why does that matter you bitches won’t play here anyhow
that's right....and if you want to know why ask bob pruett or the fashion statement.....you all are the ones screaming bloody murder for the games to occur...if you want it that bad then you will play when and where we say...if not then our strength of schedule will be so much the better....you need us we don't need you

that's right....and if you want to know why ask bob pruett or the fashion statement.....you all are the ones screaming bloody murder for the games to occur...if you want it that bad then you will play when and where we say...if not then our strength of schedule will be so much the better....you need us we don't need you

I’ve never seen a fan base get so butthurt over words like the WVU fans do. And to think you guys won’t accept a little shit talking but completely justify beating up pregnant women

So, in my opinion, the two schools cannot be bitter rivals, if West Virginia chooses to not want to play the Herd in both major sports, agree?
We are the bitterest of rivals. We compete every day for funding that has nothing to do with any athletic events!

Lol! Compete??? BWWAAAHHAHAHAHA!We OWN you. And sports has nothing to do with it. Youll get the scraps from our table and like it.
MU is barely solvent and even less relevant....and you know that.
For us...thats where the beauty lies.

It's GOOD to be the king.

Need to know WV fans:

Are you in favor of playing the Herd in football or basketball in the regular season, without 100% of the games being played in Morgantown? Obviously, the Herd will never agree to only coming to Morgantown, so just want to know from the regulars here. Is this your stance as well?
I think football is now out of the question for 10-15 years with the current scheduling and what will become of the next realignment/TV deals.

Basketball should still be played in Charleston. The 2 schools playing each other or make it a four team event. WVU plays team A, Marshall plays team B. The next day A vs B play each other and WVU vs Marshall go at it.

That's what I think, but I don't run the circus. Either way, there needs to be someone found to fund this game.

Basketball should still be played in Charleston.

Why?

Why should we give up a home game? Even when we play the "little sisters of the poor" at home, we still sell 8,000 - 10,000 tickets not to mention other revenue from concessions, parking and other miscellaneous spending in Morgantown. It makes no sense at all. With our travel schedule for Big XII games, why should we put our players on a bus to ride 2 hours and 15 minutes down to Charleston and 2 hours and 15 minutes back to Morgantown late at night after the game?

Why should WvU play in Charleston????
Well for one, the chance for fans in the southern part of the state to see them.
Two, Huggins has said several times he likes playing a game or two in Charleston.
Why not play Marshall and get a sellout rather than 4,000 showing up for Western Carolina?

Well for one, the chance for fans in the southern part of the state to see them.
Two, Huggins has said several times he likes playing a game or two in Charleston.
Why not play Marshall and get a sellout rather than 4,000 showing up for Western Carolina?

Can't really disagree with the idea. But if memory serves me correctly, the Marshall games quit selling out before the end of the series.

I certainly agree that the opportunity to play in Charleston for a strong WVU fan base is compelling. But, as I remember, Danny boy, ruined that series. Maybe if he grovels and then offers a 2 in Morgantown and one in Charleston, Lyons might consider it.

Another reason is that Almost Three-Dollar Danny is pumping millions of our tax dollars into the Civic Center renovation project, so the arena should be nice in a year or two.

We had over 8,000 at the Coppin State game, worst attended game this year. We won 70-somehting to 30-something. It is dumb, financially. 8,000 at home is better than a split with Marshall at the Civic Center - even at a sellout, which as Muskets pointed out, wasn't happening.

Where did I mention a split with Marshall?

This in my opinion should be a home game for WVU. Pick a good team to play to get a Network TV game like WVU vs Vatech to start the four team event.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT