ADVERTISEMENT

I'm particularly concerned about the new Covid variant BA.5 and Monkeypox this fall.

Archetype XLIV

Staunchly resisting overwhelming mediocrity
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Fauci says:

"The thing about BA.5 that is disconcerting is that it is able to escape some of the immune protection that you get from prior infection as well as vaccination," Fauci told ABC News. “It has a transmission advantage over the prior variants, which is the reason why we're seeing an uptick in cases and in some areas even an increase in hospitalization.”

I know he has our best interests at heart and am wondering if anyone else is going to wear a few masks or self-isolate to be safe?

It takes all of us, and if we can save just one life, it's worth it.

Vaccines clearly aren't effective anymore and Dr. Fauci says so.

I think we should cancel football season.

Dr. Fauci says:

"The thing about BA.5 that is disconcerting is that it is able to escape some of the immune protection that you get from prior infection as well as vaccination," Fauci told ABC News. “It has a transmission advantage over the prior variants, which is the reason why we're seeing an uptick in cases and in some areas even an increase in hospitalization.”

I know he has our best interests at heart and am wondering if anyone else is going to wear a few masks or self-isolate to be safe?

Good Lord....

• Haha
Reactions: ChilliWVUFan
Dr. Fauci says:

Was talking about this amongst my partners today . So far we are seeing an uptick in cases but nowhere near the severity of illness . Nothing like it was . Which is reassuring .

bad santa christmas movies GIF

I know a lot of people who have been getting it over the past month.

Virtually all very mild and cold/flu like……even among people I would have been very worried about in 2020.

Heck my 60 year old relative who’s a lifelong smoker and has had several pneumonia before had a totally 100% asymptomatic case recently, caught on random screening.

Was talking about this amongst my partners today . So far we are seeing an uptick in cases but nowhere near the severity of illness . Nothing like it was . Which is reassuring .
What symptoms are associated with this one? Same ole same ole or are they different.

And Paxlovid exists now, too.

It's not even remotely as bad as it was March 20. The Omicron subvariants are still pretty bad, but not cose to the Alpha and Delta strains. Those were horror shows.

Dr. Fauci says:

Just to be clear, you are being facetious right?

It's not even remotely as bad as it was March 20. The Omicron subvariants are still pretty bad, but not cose to the Alpha and Delta strains. Those were horror shows.
Pretty sure I had Delta, fever for 6-8 hrs, otherwise no problem until lost taste and smell for about 2 weeks. Was vaccinated( not eligible for booster), so guess I was pretty lucky.

Obviously, the only prudent thing to do, based on Dr. Fauci’s insight.
By the way, where exactly did he earn his doctorate?

I had COVID 2 weeks ago (2nd time), and I've had 4 vaccinations (Pfizer). Had fever, runny nose, congestion, cough and extremely fatigued for about 2 1/2 days. Had it the 1st time also prior to there being a vaccine.

I mostly slept, and felt very weak. Once my fever broke after 3 days. I was fine. I am in good health, and stay very active normally. This is a tricky virus. Some have no symptoms at all. Had a cousin in his 50s that died from it last December.

But I still live my life. Once over COVID, I live as normally as possible. Eventually, something's going to get us all. I don't judge those who are more cautious than me, and I don't judge those who are less cautious.

The perfect enemy and boogie man is one we can never actually see or have hard proof of. We have to just trust the "experts".

Our way of life is being attempted to be managed... just like in China.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
It is what they do….. It’s OK. Karma comes in all shapes and sizes….
Karma was a bitch to me for sure. I was sure covid was like the flu and then I got it and it was like the flu but I had to stay home and not go to Walmart. Staying home was horrifying and I barely made it. Thank God for day quil and crown royal.

Dr. Fauci says:

Mail in those votes people

I had COVID 2 weeks ago (2nd time), and I've had 4 vaccinations (Pfizer). Had fever, runny nose, congestion, cough and extremely fatigued for about 2 1/2 days. Had it the 1st time also prior to there being a vaccine.

I mostly slept, and felt very weak. Once my fever broke after 3 days. I was fine. I am in good health, and stay very active normally. This is a tricky virus. Some have no symptoms at all. Had a cousin in his 50s that died from it last December.

But I still live my life. Once over COVID, I live as normally as possible. Eventually, something's going to get us all. I don't judge those who are more cautious than me, and I don't judge those who are less cautious.
4 shots?

I’m almost 40 and I haven’t had four shots my entire life I don’t think

haha I think it’s all a tad crazy too but I can’t believe how many of y’all make fun of it and are so arrogant about it.
I’d wager to say I’ve had COVID probably 3-4 times now. I have no idea for sure, I don’t test for it when I get sick, I don’t stay home, I don’t mask, and I don’t vaccinate.

I take some Aleve D and press on like a fvcking man.

Dr. Fauci says:

if it saves one life..fk off..we had had friend who lost her bakery because of this bullshit and was on the verge of suicide,,there's a life

And I understand it's the best tasting stuff since prednisone.

I’d wager to say I’ve had COVID probably 3-4 times now. I have no idea for sure, I don’t test for it when I get sick, I don’t stay home, I don’t mask, and I don’t vaccinate.

If I cough twice in an hour I work from home. I get more work done and even though my boss doesn't agree I am a better employee when I am not distracted by stupid questions at work. Plus I'd rather work from home.

Reactions: Small Timer

Viruses that cause the common cold...

We've had great success curing the common cold... not. We are going to be about as successful curing (or even modifying) CV-19. We are going to have to learn to live with it. It's not going away. And while the N-95 masks may be about 50% effective, the surgical masks are really designed to keep the surgeon from sweating into the patient during their case. They aren't engineered to stop small viruses from passing through the mask. Time to move on to the next problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT