ADVERTISEMENT

Im immediately calling

3 purchases of hard liquor...if you want a 4th purchase you have to go to a different store...ya know and spread your germs there or get exposed to other germs. Not well thought out and an over reach by the local government

Well, that’s well thought out social distances, also travel to another store, WTF ??? Is booze and beer become TP? If so we are all F**ked.

Can someone post the AA link? May need it in a few days.:(

YOU stay in YOUR house and YOU can't be infected. That is you protecting yourself, not the government protection you. Why force that decision on others?
So let's get this straight, you want the freedom to live your life like normal and make everyone else stay home and avoid things like restocking groceries, picking up their prescriptions, etc... Just because you wanna go back to hanging out at the VFW.

I didn’t realize those things were contagious
I understand your point doc, but it depends on how narrowly (or broadly) you define contagious. Addictions like alcohol/tobacco are certainly diseases that spread in a given population, and have killed (and will kill) exponentially more people than Covid-19 ever will.

I understand your point doc, but it depends on how narrowly (or broadly) you define contagious. Addictions like alcohol/tobacco are certainly diseases that spread in a given population, and have killed (and will kill) exponentially more people than Covid-19 ever will.
G

Congrats, on one of the dumbest post I ever seen on this board in 20 years. If you are an alcoholic and get behind a wheel then I have a concern. If not. then you are not a danger to me and my family. While I have empathy for someone with addictions, I have some control over whether I choose that route or not. . I do not over this .contagious disease

If you can't understand the difference between the two, then I don't even know what to say.

G

Congrats, on one of the dumbest post I ever seen on this board in 20 years. If you are an alcoholic and get behind a wheel then I have a concern. If not. then you are not a danger to me and my family. While I have empathy for someone with addictions, I have some control over whether I choose that route or not. . I do not over this .contagious disease

If you can't understand the difference between the two, then I don't even know what to say.
LOL. Easy there sparky. You’re going to get whiplash..
giphy.gif

COVID-19 was the 2nd leading cause of death in the US on March 31st. In just 2 months it went from nothing to the #2 killer. Now just expand that graph out to a year. If we did nothing it could have killed 3 times more Americans than the Civil War. Fortunately, we are currently projected to fall just under WW2 in deaths. Yay....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/corona...death-in-the-us-on-march-31-peak-cases-april/

COVID-19 was the 2nd leading cause of death in the US on March 31st. In just 2 months it went from nothing to the #2 killer. Now just expand that graph out to a year. If we did nothing it could have killed 3 times more Americans than the Civil War. Fortunately, we are currently projected to fall just under WW2 in deaths. Yay....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/corona...death-in-the-us-on-march-31-peak-cases-april/

You really misread that article it didn't say it was the 2nd leading cause of death for the Month of March but the 2nd on March 31st one random day. Therefore a rational interpretation would be is that your way more likely to die on any given day from something else.

You really misread that article it didn't say it was the 2nd leading cause of death for the Month of March but the 2nd on March 31st one random day.
Um, no I didn't. You're just misreading my post.

Therefore a rational interpretation would be is that your way more likely to die on any given day from something else.
I don't understand what you mean here, and I think I'll regret asking you to explain further.

Um, no I didn't. You're just misreading my post.

I don't understand what you mean here, and I think I'll regret asking you to explain further.
That article you posted was a sensationalized scare piece that the projections it stated are way past current actual deaths. In over a month less than 9k people have died in the entire country. Id bet if you ranked cause of death in US for March this wouldnt make top 10

So let's get this straight, you want the freedom to live your life like normal and make everyone else stay home and avoid things like restocking groceries, picking up their prescriptions, etc... Just because you wanna go back to hanging out at the VFW.

No everyone else is more than welcome to accept the risk of living their life also if they would like. I will put on a mask when I go grocery shopping, but when I want to go to the park and play disc golf or go paddle boarding I won’t and I shouldn’t be a criminal for doing so. I might even order groceries delivered. It’s possible to voluntarily distance yourself from people without making it against the law. Everyone should be able to go outside if they please I don’t care what you do as long as you stay the **** away from me and leave me alone and stop trying to tell me how to live my life.

Reactions: Maddoggeer
That article you posted was a sensationalized scare piece that the projections it stated are way past current actual deaths. In over a month less than 9k people have died in the entire country. Id bet if you ranked cause of death in US for March this wouldnt make top 10

It would be interesting to see those stats.

No everyone else is more than welcome to accept the risk of living their life also if they would like. I will put on a mask when I go grocery shopping, but when I want to go to the park and play disc golf or go paddle boarding I won’t and I shouldn’t be a criminal for doing so. I might even order groceries delivered. It’s possible to voluntarily distance yourself from people without making it against the law. Everyone should be able to go outside if they please I don’t care what you do as long as you stay the **** away from me and leave me alone and stop trying to tell me how to live my life.
Poor guy can't go paddle boarding.

You don't know how exponential growth works.

Reactions: snelgin
Yes. Along with 60% of this forum.
More than that it seems. I’ve been a member of this board since 2001, read the board almost daily since through all kinds of sports AND non-sports turmoil. Everything from the Stew Wars to 9/11, it’s never been nearly as painful to read as it is now and it honestly has been trending that way since before any of us even heard about Covid-19. The board has become a hard right reddit support group with a few antagonizers who just like pushing their buttons. At this point the only thing keeping me from canceling is wanting to support Kennan and not wanting to break the streak.

Do you think it should be against the law for me to do that?

Should this guy have been chased by cops and arrested for paddle boarding and being in the middle of the ocean by himself?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...r-for-alleged-violation-of-stay-at-home-order
It is unfortunate, but paddle boarding isn't staying at home is it? If they make an exception, then his neighbor sees it and figures it is ok, then suddenly we have a bunch of people on the beach again.

projected stats are how realiable and easily manipulated to get across a narrative. Liers figure numbers dont lie
Shew. Starting to get an idea of what I'm dealing with here. Gonna just step away.

It is unfortunate, but paddle boarding isn't staying at home is it? If they make an exception, then his neighbor sees it and figures it is ok, then suddenly we have a bunch of people on the beach again.
Yeah and closing the beaches in Pinellas County kept all but 7 people with one foot in the grave from dying. In a county of one million residents. With 10 large hospitals and 60 people needed to be hospitalized shew

More than that it seems. I’ve been a member of this board since 2001, read the board almost daily since through all kinds of sports AND non-sports turmoil. Everything from the Stew Wars to 9/11, it’s never been nearly as painful to read as it is now and it honestly has been trending that way since before any of us even heard about Covid-19. The board has become a hard right reddit support group with a few antagonizers who just like pushing their buttons. At this point the only thing keeping me from canceling is wanting to support Kennan and not wanting to break the streak.

This... The content is great and Vernon has a great product. I also buy stuff from Vernon’s site from time to time. But, it is bad, bro.

not fun anymore...

Reactions: GoWVU and mnteerlaw

for the 1st time in 20+ years i have seriously debated about canceling membership. you are right, i can't tell if i've stumbled into a hard-right reddit or QAnon group.

you should check the main rivals board lol. It’s so embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT