ADVERTISEMENT

I'm done defending the Big12

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
What a joke of a conference.

The only thing WVU can do is hopefully continue the success we are seeing now, sustain it and hope the ACC or SEC comes calling.

Personally I don't care if they stay at 10 teams (which might have been the right choice, but is debatable) it's the obvious lack of leadership and direction and the fact WVU's wishes will never be considered and it's whatever Oklahoma and Texas want.

This is possibly the worst thing you could have done. Say the conference needs to expand, say the conference doesn't need to expand, ask Texas nicely to play along, have Texas tell you to shove it, say we might expand, say were going to expand, say we might not expand, say were not expanding.

Big East 2.0

I LOVE that WVU is in the Big 12. It's a great Power-5 conference. Every Power-5 conference except the SEC has its up and down moments.

WVU collected $30 million in the Big 12, plus $8 million in 3rd tier rights, compared to $10 million tops in the Big East.

If WVU is undefeated and Big 12 champ the Mountaineers will be in the Football Final Four. What's not to like about that?

Nothing in this world is perfect. The ACC once was the weak sister of the Power-5 conferences. The Big 10 once was no as high on the totem pole. These things are cyclical. Jumping too soon is like bailing out of the stock market and missing a chance to double your money. Patience is not just a virtue; it's profitable.

Meanwhile, let's focus on WVU. And TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa State and Baylor, in that order. If WVU and Baylor remain undefeated, then the Dec. 3 winner will be the Big 12 champ and in the Football Final Four.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T urbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

The only thing WVU can do is hopefully continue the success we are seeing now, sustain it and hope the ACC or SEC comes calling.

Personally I don't care if they stay at 10 teams (which might have been the right choice, but is debatable) it's the obvious lack of leadership and direction and the fact WVU's wishes will never be considered and it's whatever Oklahoma and Texas want.

This is possibly the worst thing you could have done. Say the conference needs to expand, say the conference doesn't need to expand, ask Texas nicely to play along, have Texas tell you to shove it, say we might expand, say were going to expand, say we might not expand, say were not expanding.

Big East 2.0
We'll (ACC) take you guys. When West Virginia last was an expansion candidate, Tobacco Road ran the show. But Football is the driving force now. When Notre Dame joins Full Time, I don't see how West Virginia isn't the ACC choice for the 16th team. No other schools make sense.

Last edited:
The big 12 will eventually have to make a decision regarding its long term future. If the Gor is as ironclad as some claim it to be then The Texas's of the world are probably not in any rush to make a decision since 2025 is 9 years away.

Reactions: torontoeers
My vote goes to WV and the ACC. Can't wait to play some of the old Big East teams again. As you know..................many of the away games are right in our back door as an ACC member. I have moved to South Carolina..............but I will always be a Texan at heart. If I still lived in the Dallas area..............I would be going to many of the games WV plays in Texas and Oklahoma.

I'm sure some money came from the networks into Big 12 pockets to prevent expansion from happening. Let's wait and see how that worked out.

We may be on a par (dollar-wise) with other power 5s already and not even know it.

Lgm!

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

Big East 2.0

Texas and Oklahoma are the worst partners in the world

I LOVE that WVU is in the Big 12. It's a great Power-5 conference. Every Power-5 conference except the SEC has its up and down moments.

WVU collected $30 million in the Big 12, plus $8 million in 3rd tier rights, compared to $10 million tops in the Big East.

If WVU is undefeated and Big 12 champ the Mountaineers will be in the Football Final Four. What's not to like about that?

Nothing in this world is perfect. The ACC once was the weak sister of the Power-5 conferences. The Big 10 once was no as high on the totem pole. These things are cyclical. Jumping too soon is like bailing out of the stock market and missing a chance to double your money. Patience is not just a virtue; it's profitable.

Meanwhile, let's focus on WVU. And TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa State and Baylor, in that order. If WVU and Baylor remain undefeated, then the Dec. 3 winner will be the Big 12 champ and in the Football Final Four.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T urbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

You are missing the point because your head is in the sand. If something isn't done by 2022-2023 to lock up members then Texas and/or Oklahoma leave the conference. That my friend is a death blow to the Big12. You can fool yourself by thinking the ACC or Big10 were in similar situations but the other Power 5s are united and comitted to their efforts. The reality of the day is that WVU is in harms way because Texas and Oklahoma are the worst partners in college football.

We'll (ACC) take you guys. When West Virginia last was an expansion candidate, Tobacco Road ran the show. But Football is the driving force now. When Notre Dame joins Full Time, I don't see how West Virginia isn't the ACC choice for the 16th team. No other schools make sense.

Texas or WVU joins ND one day. Maybe Texas takes same deal that ND has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT