ADVERTISEMENT

If Trump wants to win, he has to beat these people first

atlkvb

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
Bureaucrats.

Trump wanted the job of President to make America great again, but there is an unelected, mostly unaccountable ruling class that has a different objective...keeping itself in power at America's expense.

If Trump wants to deliver on his promise, he has to find a way to neutralize these opponents of 'we the people' directing the Government.

These folks believe they are the reason America exists, and they will do everything they can to keep Trump from upsetting their apple carts.

They line the halls of the EPA, OSHA, Department of Energy, Department of Education, Bureau of Land Management, Department of Commerce, and a host of other intricately woven alphabet soup federal agencies stocked with career bureaucrats whose only mission is to protect their employment.

They don't want problems solved, because to do so will obviate the need for their existence, and that they will NEVER support!

So the gauntlet has been thrown down by Trump during his inaugural speech. It's either going to be "we the people" or these folks who will win this battle.

Trump is just our field General. It won't be easy for him, but it can be done if we insist on supporting him in his future efforts towards dismantling Leviathan.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/will-there-be-an-internal-revolt-against-trump/

Last edited:
Bureaucrats.

Trump wanted the job of President to make America great again, but there is an unelected, mostly unaccountable ruling class that has a different objective...keeping itself in power at America's expense.

If Trump wants to deliver on his promise, he has to find a way to neutralize these opponents of 'we the people' directing the Government.

These folks believe they are the reason America exists, and they will do everything they can to keep Trump from upsetting their apple carts.

They line the halls of the EPA, OSHA, Department of Energy, Department of Education, Bureau of Land Management, Department of Commerce, and a host of other intricately woven alphabet soup federal agencies stocked with career bureaucrats whose only mission is to protect their employment.

They don't want problems solved, because to do so will obviate the need for their existence, and that they will NEVER support!

So the gauntlet has been thrown down by Trump during his inaugural speech. It's either going to be "we the people" or these folks who will win this battle.

Trumps is just our field General. It won't be easy for him, but it can be done if we insist on supporting him in his future efforts towards dismantling Leviathan.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/will-there-be-an-internal-revolt-against-trump/

Completely agree. These agencies, unelected bureaucrats, are a huge problem. No accountability. But reining in and downsizing these agencies is not enough. He has to destroy the status quo in Congress. He has to rein in spending. He has to reduce the influence of lobbyists.

If I were Trump, I would take the SEIU to court on Constitutional grounds. FDR did not support public unions. He was smart. In negotiations, you normally have one side vs. the other each with different goals. With public unions, Dems have given them what they want in exchange for support and votes. This must end. I would do all I could to break Federal public unions. The taxpayers must be protected.

Just look at the states and the huge unfunded pensions of public employees. These costs will eventually destroy state budgets. It is out of control.

reining in and downsizing these agencies is not enough. He has to destroy the status quo in Congress. He has to rein in spending. He has to reduce the influence of lobbyists.

All true. In fact everything you've posted here PAX is 100% correct.

I think what's in bold that you mentioned should be the first tactical attack in this battle. Cut off their access to cash through the discretionary appropriations budget process in the Congressional committees.

Once devolution reform takes root, and he continues to streamline and eliminate duplicate programs and agencies, then he can begin to reduce the influence of the organized lobbyists who work to protect the various agency's power through favors in the tax code and regulatory activity.

The unfunded mandates are also a huge ace in the hole for these career bureaucrats. They can rule without having to cost justify their actions. I posted in another thread that we need to have regulatory reviews and cost-benefit analysis of every single line item in the Federal registry.

Everything needs to be cost justified, and measured for results.

This is going to be the unreported battle. The Media will not educate voters on how these folks operate, they only promote doom and gloom if anything is even mentioned about exposing their futility. But if we ever are to get our fiscal house in order, and take power out of Washington just as Trump mentioned in his inaugural speech...this not only must be done, it WILL be done!

Last edited:
All true. In fact everything you've posted here PAX is 100% correct.

I think what's in bold that you mentioned should be the first tactical attack in this battle. Cut off their access to cash through the discretionary appropriations budget process in the Congressional committees.

Once devolution reform takes root, and he continues to streamline and eliminate duplicate programs and agencies, then he can begin to reduce the influence of the organized lobbyists who work to protect the various agency's power through favors in the tax code and regulatory activity.

The unfunded mandates are also a huge ace in the hole for these career bureaucrats. They can rule without having to cost justify their actions. I posted in another thread that we need to have regulatory reviews and cost-benefit analysis of every single line item in the Federal registry.

Everything needs to be cost justified, and measured for results.

This is going to be the unreported battle. The Media will not educate voters on how these folks operate, they only promote doom and gloom if anything is even mentioned about exposing their futility. But if we ever are to get our fiscal house in order, and take power out Washington just as Trump mentioned in his inaugural speech...this not only must be done, it WILL be done!

I think all regulations must be subjected to a congressional vote if they have a $100M impact on our economy or greater. Give the people a voice in these regulations. Cost/benefit is a must.

I do believe agency law has met it's match. We will see how it goes, but I would suggest congressional control is essential after mid-terms. Even heard Trump mention zero based budgeting. They need to justify their existence on cost/benefit approach. VA is a place that needs exposed. Also, bonus pay is for exceptional performance - not attendance. Government pay scale is competitive with industry. At one time they were not competitive, so gov added a lot of benefits to attract personnel. Now, pay scale is competitive and excessive benefits are still available.

The main government organization that I've worked with is DoD and the incompetence there is at an incredibly high level. Hopefully Trump will go after that sacred cow with business principles to improve their effectiveness.

I had a civilian nimrod working for the government propose to me that we finish rudders on large ships to the same tolerances as we do propellers because it "would have to be better."

The main government organization that I've worked with is DoD and the incompetence there is at an incredibly high level. Hopefully Trump will go after that sacred cow with business principles to improve their effectiveness.

Not surprised. I just hope he doesn't look past ANY of 'em.

If he really wants to find out where all of the $$$$$$$ is hidden....he won't have to look very hard inside the alphabet soup of the Federal bureaucracy.

He might find enough waste to fund his entire budget for next year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT