ADVERTISEMENT

If Trump starts a "dancing bear" politician act in order to win public support

599a01a5a8845.jpeg

I would try to answer it if I understood it.
I think his begins kowtowing to the middle now. I think he starts playing nice, and turns into an actual politician to get his numbers up. And I'm curious, if he does, does he begin losing his base?

I think his begins kowtowing to the middle now. I think he starts playing nice, and turns into an actual politician to get his numbers up. And I'm curious, if he does, does he begin losing his base?
"To get his numbers up"......for what? He won the election and he won't run in 2020 if he doesn't quit before then.

Step one. I thought Trump wanted all troops out immediately? Now? Not so much. But Ryan is pleased isn't he?

Step one. I thought Trump wanted all troops out immediately? Now? Not so much. But Ryan is pleased isn't he?
There have been some major 5 year contracts awarded for "training" in the last year. Pulling out now would cost the USG a lot of damn money.

He has been doing all that since day 1. They just dont talk about that stuff on TV much.

Reactions: WVU82
There have been some major 5 year contracts awarded for "training" in the last year. Pulling out now would cost the USG a lot of damn money.
I'm not sure pulling out is the best move, I'm also not sure if staying in is either. Of course, someone like you would know more about the best choice. I'm just saying, Trump was all for pulling out with his loud mouth....now he is escalating our stakes in the pot.

I'm not sure pulling out is the best move, I'm also not sure if staying in is either. Of course, someone like you would know more about the best choice. I'm just saying, Trump was all for pulling out with his loud mouth....now he is escalating our stakes in the pot.
Afghanistan is like Hotel California.

Reactions: Boomboom521
we have to stay in Afghanistan...

we don't want to make another ISIS...

we're still in Korea & Germany & Japan after all these years...

History tells us that, so why wouldn't withdrawal be our best move?
We aren't repeating history. We're not trying to conquer, colonize, or subjugate, which is what those previous examples were trying to do. Moreover, with technology advances being what they are, we stand a far better chance of succeeding. If we pull out, every bit of progress we've made in the last 16 years will be lost inside of a year and it'll likely be worse than it was before we showed up. Would certainly be a bigger threat with the vacuum created than it was in 01.

I'm not saying we have to be conducting offensive operations, I think Obama's strategy with AFG was fine. Adding 4000 more advisors will help with the Afghan training, but this is going to take years, if not decades, and generations. Or, we just pull out and see what happens, but I truly don't believe that to be the best COA. I'm actually looking at this as a cost of life type scenario. We're going to lose guys, less than 100 per year, most likely, but it's military and military support (contractors) personnel and not civilians on the home front. It's fvcked up to say it, but that's what we're here for, to die so those at home don't have to. As long as we're still all volunteer, that's acceptable, to me. We know the risk when enlisting or volunteering (contractor) to go for the money.

Reactions: Boomboom521
We aren't repeating history. We're not trying to conquer, colonize, or subjugate, which is what those previous examples were trying to do. Moreover, with technology advances being what they are, we stand a far better chance of succeeding. If we pull out, every bit of progress we've made in the last 16 years will be lost inside of a year and it'll likely be worse than it was before we showed up. Would certainly be a bigger threat with the vacuum created than it was in 01.

I'm not saying we have to be conducting offensive operations, I think Obama's strategy with AFG was fine. Adding 4000 more advisors will help with the Afghan training, but this is going to take years, if not decades, and generations. Or, we just pull out and see what happens, but I truly don't believe that to be the best COA. I'm actually looking at this as a cost of life type scenario. We're going to lose guys, less than 100 per year, most likely, but it's military and military support (contractors) personnel and not civilians on the home front. It's fvcked up to say it, but that's what we're here for, to die so those at home don't have to. As long as we're still all volunteer, that's acceptable, to me. We know the risk when enlisting or volunteering (contractor) to go for the money.
That's a hell of a way to look at it, but there is a reason why soldiers are ALL worthy of praise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT