ADVERTISEMENT

If Marshall beats #92 Southern Miss...

You should blow them out. I'm really surprised that the line is that low...
S. Miss ain't half bad this year and we're not nearly as strong as we were in 2014....but I think we'll find a way to prevail at home but not sure I'd want to lay 7 points.

S. Miss ain't half bad this year and we're not nearly as strong as we were in 2014....but I think we'll find a way to prevail at home but not sure I'd want to lay 7 points.
Apparently your definition of "ain't bad" is different than those in real conferences. GA Southern is way better than Southern Miss and we blew them out. You should beat a much worse team worse than that, shouldn't you?

BTW ... glad you made it back safely.

Apparently your definition of "ain't bad" is different than those in real conferences. GA Southern is way better than Southern Miss and we blew them out. You should beat a much worse team worse than that, shouldn't you?
S. Miss is 3-2 with road losses to Nebraska by one score and Miss St by two scores...I wouldn't be the farm on GSU against them in a hypothetical matchup! At a minimum I would insist on GSU's 1st unit!

Reminds me of Shrek where everybody ran out of one across the street to another. LOL
Hahahahhahahhaha....I must confess the concept of $5.00 a cup of coffee has always shocked me but they sell like madmen in my home town but Seattle raises it to a new level. I can see why the stock split in the mid 90's and is running back up!

Hahahahhahahhaha....I must confess the concept of $5.00 a cup of coffee has always shocked me but they sell like madmen in my home town but Seattle raises it to a new level. I can see why the stock split in the mid 90's and is running back up!

There it is. Every single Marshall fan talks up every opponent like they are the Buckeys and talks down every WVU opponent - especially if we beat them. It is like clockwork!!!

Reactions: 30CAT
There it is. Every single Marshall fan talks up every opponent like they are the Buckeys and talks down every WVU opponent - especially if we beat them. It is like clockwork!!!
That is exactly what they do. Anyone in the Big 12, other than Kansas and possibly Iowa State, would easily win CDIAA. CDIAA is worse than some DIAA conferences. To make up for that, Marshall SHOULD be scheduling top quality OOC competition, but Doc and Mike know what would happen if they actually did that...

That is exactly what they do. Anyone in the Big 12, other than Kansas and possibly Iowa State, would easily win CDIAA. CDIAA is worse than some DIAA conferences. To make up for that, Marshall SHOULD be scheduling top quality OOC competition, but Doc and Mike know what would happen if they actually did that...
I literally heard Hamrick say that they want to schedule the biggest names that they "know they can beat". THAT is what I mean when I say that they have piss poor leadership!

PS. It also explains why they are making up excuses not to play WVU too...

I literally heard Hamrick say that they want to schedule the biggest names that they "know they can beat". THAT is what I mean when I say that they have piss poor leadership!

PS. It also explains why they are making up excuses not to play WVU too...

biggest names ... that they know they can beat

That's a conflict right there. They can't beat any big names. So, that leaves us with what he said "the biggest names they know they can beat" which is kinda like finding the best surfer in North Dakota.

That's a conflict right there. They can't beat any big names. So, that leaves us with what he said "the biggest names they know they can beat" which is kinda like finding the best surfer in North Dakota.

As I read this post, a song by The Who came on....

Yep, Eminence Front.

I guess I don't understand the " know we can beat charge"..how can anyone know, how strong a team will be in the 5-6 years it takes between scheduling a big name team and when you actually play them. Auburn is a big name but they can't get out of their way right now but if you schedule them don't count on the 2015 edition showing up when you walk on the field...they'll improve a ton by next season!

I guess I don't understand the " know we can beat charge"..how can anyone know, how strong a team will be in the 5-6 years it takes between scheduling a big name team and when you actually play them. Auburn is a big name but they can't get out of their way right now but if you schedule them don't count on the 2015 edition showing up when you walk on the field...they'll improve a ton by next season!
Come on tony...be smart.

You know there's a damn good chance you can beat the perennial cellar dweller in the B1G - Purdue. On the other hand, you don't "know" you can beat Auburn.

Which one made your schedule again?

"We dictate terms". -- Banker

Not having the balls to schedule anyone in the Top 90, OOC makes it pretty hard to lose. I guess Doc still found a way...

S. Miss is 3-2 with road losses to Nebraska by one score and Miss St by two scores...I wouldn't be the farm on GSU against them in a hypothetical matchup! At a minimum I would insist on GSU's 1st unit!
Southern Miss did give up 50 points and almost lost to #146 Texas State...

Come on tony...be smart.

You know there's a damn good chance you can beat the perennial cellar dweller in the B1G - Purdue. On the other hand, you don't "know" you can beat Auburn.

Which one made your schedule again?

"We dictate terms". -- Banker
That's the point, how do you "know" with any degree of certainity how good an opponent will be from the time you schedule them to the time you actually walk on the field with them? If we scheduled Kansas today , we wouldn't play them until 2021...maybe they'll hire Coach Mangino back and he'll turn it around for them!

That's the point, how do you "know" with any degree of certainity how good an opponent will be from the time you schedule them to the time you actually walk on the field with them? If we scheduled Kansas today , we wouldn't play them until 2021...maybe they'll hire Coach Mangino back and he'll turn it around for them!
And you know the answer. If you worry about such things, and Hammrick clearly does by his own admission, then you only play P5 teams who are consistently bad. Here is a short list for you to pass along to him:

Purdue
Indiana
Wake Forest
Pitt
Syracuse
NCState
Colorado
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Kansas

His problem is that that list is really not that long, and very few of them are deperate enough to come to Little Detroit, thus his scheduling problem and why he has very few on his schedule. He has managed to get a few to sign up though...

Are there years where even these team will still beat Marshall...heck yes, but he has to schedule someone and he is all about maximizing his record, not building a program.

Its not rocket science.

And you know the answer. If you worry about such things, and Hammrick clearly does by his own admission, then you only play P5 teams who are consistently bad. Here is a short list for you to pass along to him:

Purdue
Indiana
Wake Forest
Pitt
Syracuse
NCState
Colorado
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Kansas

His problem is that that list is really not that long, and very few of them are deperate enough to come to Little Detroit, thus his scheduling problem and why he has very few on his schedule. He has managed to get a few to sign up though...

Are there years where even these team will still beat Marshall...heck yes, but he has to schedule someone and he is all about maximizing his record, not building a program.

Its not rocket science.
Plus, scheduling MAC teams is pretty much a guarantee...

Purdue
Indiana
Wake Forest
Pitt
Syracuse
NCState
Colorado
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Kansas

Its not rocket science.
Indiana nearly beat OSU last week and is 4-1 as we speak. Purdue over the last 100 years is constantly a strong team, same with Pitt who will go bowling this season. I'm not afraid to call someone out for being no good in a particular season but I can't determine that 4-5 years out....shit happens and nothing stays the same forever!

Th
Indiana nearly beat OSU last week and is 4-1 as we speak. Purdue over the last 100 years is constantly a strong team, same with Pitt who will go bowling this season. I'm not afraid to call someone out for being no good in a particular season but I can't determine that 4-5 years out....shit happens and nothing stays the same forever!
I last 30 years is probably more relevant than the last 100. Well, unless you are a Pitt fan...

Since mooU dictates the terms, then mooU can dictate to the teams they schedule to be ranked when they play!

That one still has me laughing!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT