ADVERTISEMENT

If Lyons is going to fire Dana, it will be in next 24 hours

No, the embarrassment to our fan base is someone who continually uses the term "mouth breather" in an attempt to degrade fellow WVU fans for an opposing view.

I believe we will keep Holgorsen for another season, and looking at the landscape of college football right now, and the many job openings, it is likely the right choice. I do not believe he has earned another season but sometimes you have to do things at the right time. I do not believe he warrants a contract extension and if next season is another one in which we beat nobody except who we are supposed to, it should be his last.
this post should be your last. I thought I told you to go in the other room with the women where you belong.

Yeah, I think if we were going to do it, we would have done it no later than this morning.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. I really don't think the money was enough to justify accepting the lack of any progress in 5 seasons. The argument that changing coaches after 5 seasons establishes a coaching carousel is stupid as very few coaches at this level are allowed 6 seasons to show they can do the job. The better argument is that the lack of a change establishes that Luck made one of the worst decisions in the entire world of college football by committing so much guaranteed money to an unproven coach and prolonged the problem the bad hire created.

The sad thing is that if we perform similarly or worse next year all we will have accomplished in six seasons will be to have delayed the opportunity to rebuild the program and we will still have to pay Holgorsen for 2017. That's relatively modest "savings" when matched against the cost of another year of underachieving.

There is also no particular reason to think that in 2016 there will not be a situation similar to this year in terms of there being numerous other schools also looking for new coaches. We are always going to need to compete against other programs and waiting for a year where by pure chance there are fewer teams looking is somewhat pointless. The chances that in any given year there are fewer experienced and successful coaches at lower levels available are just about the same as the chances of there being fewer suitors.

There is never an ideal time to hire a new coach when you are doing it because your current one is not doing a good job.

Now, if you want to argue that Holgorsen is not underachieving and that we simply should not expect better than what he is accomplishing and the only way you can do it is by stating the obvious that we won't win 11 or 12 games every year regular season, I'll just remind of the existence of 8, 9 and 10 because Dana has apparently caused you to forget about those numbers.

If you truly think that posting one barely above .500 conference record every four years is "success" at WVU then I won't argue that we don't have coach now who meets your standards. That will never be a standard more than a small minority accepts, as Dana's fanboys past claims that "next year will be better, just you wait and see," seems to suggest even they understand.

Sadly, not even those delusional few seem motivated to make the "next year" claim any longer. Now, it's just "it will never be better," because, because, because....

Reactions: WVUDisciples
I believe we will keep Holgorsen for another season, and looking at the landscape of college football right now, and the many job openings, it is likely the right choice. I do not believe he has earned another season but sometimes you have to do things at the right time. I do not believe he warrants a contract extension and if next season is another one in which we beat nobody except who we are supposed to, it should be his last.

Well done and gospel truth. Nothing will be done this season or off-season. At most they might force Dana to get an OC or QB coach.

Not me. It's Pearl Harbor Day. I'm dropping logs down the crappers of sushi joints from noon to midnight today. Those Tojo's will think Godzilla is rising from the deep when they see what I leave behind.
[roll]

Well done and gospel truth. Nothing will be done this season or off-season. At most they might force Dana to get an OC or QB coach.
Firing the ol' drinking buddy, and using that position for an offensive coordinator would be more realistic than firing the whole staff...

Thank you for raising the bar above the name callers on this board. You probably actually graduated from our fine institution.

Yeah, I think if we were going to do it, we would have done it no later than this morning.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. I really don't think the money was enough to justify accepting the lack of any progress in 5 seasons. The argument that changing coaches after 5 seasons establishes a coaching carousel is stupid as very few coaches at this level are allowed 6 seasons to show they can do the job. The better argument is that the lack of a change establishes that Luck made one of the worst decisions in the entire world of college football by committing so much guaranteed money to an unproven coach and prolonged the problem the bad hire created.

The sad thing is that if we perform similarly or worse next year all we will have accomplished in six seasons will be to have delayed the opportunity to rebuild the program and we will still have to pay Holgorsen for 2017. That's relatively modest "savings" when matched against the cost of another year of underachieving.

There is also no particular reason to think that in 2016 there will not be a situation similar to this year in terms of there being numerous other schools also looking for new coaches. We are always going to need to compete against other programs and waiting for a year where by pure chance there are fewer teams looking is somewhat pointless. The chances that in any given year there are fewer experienced and successful coaches at lower levels available are just about the same as the chances of there being fewer suitors.

There is never an ideal time to hire a new coach when you are doing it because your current one is not doing a good job.

Now, if you want to argue that Holgorsen is not underachieving and that we simply should not expect better than what he is accomplishing and the only way you can do it is by stating the obvious that we won't win 11 or 12 games every year regular season, I'll just remind of the existence of 8, 9 and 10 because Dana has apparently caused you to forget about those numbers.

If you truly think that posting one barely above .500 conference record every four years is "success" at WVU then I won't argue that we don't have coach now who meets your standards. That will never be a standard more than a small minority accepts, as Dana's fanboys past claims that "next year will be better, just you wait and see," seems to suggest even they understand.

Sadly, not even those delusional few seem motivated to make the "next year" claim any longer. Now, it's just "it will never be better," because, because, because....

Time's up. Holgorsen's still here.
Now let's beat Arizona State and finish 8-5!!!

M ighty defense throttled Georgia Southern, 44-0

O utstanding defense obliterated Liberty, 41-17

U nilaterally decimated Maryland, 45-6, on defense and offense

N oxious offense & special teams against Oklahoma, 44-24

T urnovers lose to Oklahoma State, 33-26 in OT despite impressive comeback from 15-point deficit.

A wesome Baylor too much, 62-38.

I ncinerated by TCU, 40-10. Way too many mistakes, penalties, dropped passes.

N ifty rushing, defense take down Texas Tech, 31-26

E xcellent turnovers by defense against Texas, 38-20

E rectile dysfunctioned Kansas, 49-0

R emarkable defense skewered Iowa State, 30-6

S lapstick special teams & inconsistent offense against Kansas State, 23-24

! Finish strong, please, please and take down Arizona State in the Cactus Bowl!!!

I think I've still got another load ready to go. I wonder if I can make that Hibachi place in Teays Valley before they close?

I feel like Jimmy Dolittle heading for Tokyo. Not much gas left and flying low.

Just
we would not be favored by 7 points today with Oklahoma state lol. That was early in season nitwit. Before the season played out. And I explained why KState had the season they did. Plus Oklahoma is in the top 4. They might be in line for a national title. And TTech is a good team. Stop mouth breathing.
Just because you explain something does not make it so. In fact, it is likely if you are explaining it, the truth is the opposite of what you say it is.

Reactions: GoWVU
Keep
lol right. You're like another girlfriend to the women. Your delicate pansy personality is too femine.
Keep thinking that while I am in the other room with your women. Of course, I am guessing that would be impossible, wouldn't it? You would have to have one.

Keep

Keep thinking that while I am in the other room with your women. Of course, I am guessing that would be impossible, wouldn't it? You would have to have one.
says the guy who came on here a year or so ago asking for relationship advice after a divorce. Get lost loser

I am
says the guy who came on here a year or so ago asking for relationship advice after a divorce. Get lost loser
I'm guessing you have me confused with someone else, as I have been married now for 4 years and have been with her for going on 7 years.

I am

I'm guessing you have me confused with someone else, as I have been married now for 4 years and have been with her for going on 7 years.
you must be a deranged idiot looking for attention then. Because you posted it.

this post should be your last. I thought I told you to go in the other room with the women where you belong.

Nurse Nancy is questioning the masculinity of other men? Too much time in the ladies lounge with the other girls at work must have him cycling with them.

The men are talking here, Hon. Go fetch us some beer and chips like a good girl.

Nurse Nancy is questioning the masculinity of other men? Too much time in the ladies lounge with the other girls at work must have him cycling with them.

The men are talking here, Hon. Go fetch us some beer and chips like a good girl.
lol you geeks could never be confused with the term "men" if your life depended on it.

Envy always hates the excellence it cannot achieve.
what?? Envy you? The board retard? That's hilarious!!

Take your hormones, go to bed, and call Caitlyn in the morning, Nancy. She understands your plight.

Be brave, our little blooming rose, be brave. We're all here for you.

Take your hormones, go to bed, and call Caitlyn in the morning, Nancy. She understands your plight.

Be brave, our little blooming rose, be brave. We're all here for you.
take your little ragtag outfit of metrosexuals/homosexuals over to one of those bath houses and work out your frustrations on one another.

Ooooo, a bit of "I know you are but what am I ?". I haven't faced such intellectual challenge since third grade.

you poor little fag. So much pinned up frustration. It's ok to come out. Free yourself. Liberate yourself.
Nothing says white trash like a little homophobia. Do you have some racist rants for us too? I think that I know which Marshall fan you are, now: MichiganHerd aka 30Kelly aka ThePunish-EER...

Whoa!

I understand that most people who support Holgorsen are probably as repulsed by this guy and his buddies/alter egos as everyone else, and I don't hold his trash and vemom against anyone else, but isn't it past time to block this guy and his aliases?

He's male nurse who has some insecurities because of the stereotypes around men in that field, Dole. He can't handle that part of his life, so he projects it onto others.

My wife worked in nursing for decades. I've seen male nurses of his type for years. Always overcompensating because of a little stereotype. If he can't handle it he should find another type of work. Why would someone do a job that at it's core causes them so much stress over nothing?

I honestly feel sorry for him. I think this board must be his only outlet for all of the tension that builds up around that one little issue.

Last edited:
He's male nurse who has some insecurities because of the stereotypes around men in that field, Dole. He can't handle that part of his life, so he projects it onto others.

My wife worked in nursing for decades. I've seen male nurses of his type for years. Always overcompensating because of a little stereotype. If he can't handle it he should find another type of work. Why would someone do a job that at it's core causes them so much stress over nothing?

I honestly feel sorry for him. I think this board must be his only outlet for all of the tension that builds up around that one little issue.
riiiight gay boy mouth breather lol. Your poor wife deserves better. Do you guys fight over the bathroom? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT