ADVERTISEMENT

If Chiefs can do it when not WVU?

For those who can read without moving their lips:

The NATIONAL Invitation Tournament.

In 1942, WVU won the NATIONAL title! Period.

Not the NCAA title. The NATIONAL title. NCAA was nothing in 1942.

Learn your history before you try to challenge a sportswriter who investigates thoroughly from reliable sources before he comes to a conclusion. Long before most of you were in diapers! Most groups throughout the centuries considered age a sign of wisdom. Why are some today so ignorant as to dispute that? It's a puzzlement.

Learn your history before you try to challenge a sportswriter who investigates thoroughly from reliable sources before he comes to a conclusion. Long before most of you were in diapers! Most groups throughout the centuries considered age a sign of wisdom. Why are some today so ignorant as to dispute that? It's a puzzlement.

Backpedaling already...

tenor.gif

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
So according to CFE the Chiefs didn't win the super bowl. They won a National Title.

NCAA has decided who is named Champion from 1939-now.

Temple is the only listed NIT team to ever be called College Basketball champions.

CFE has all of you triggered.

He is clever.
Baits all of you in.[roll]

Just can't resist

Do you have any idea as to how many times that you have posted this nonsense? If he were still alive, then you'd make Joseph Goebbells blush, as your propaganda campaign is unrelenting. What you are doing has nothing in common with journalism. Stanford is the 1942 basketball national champion. Sorry that this truth cuts you so deeply.

Three schools claim a national championship based on their NIT championships: DePaul (1945), Utah (1947), and San Francisco (1949). Long Island also recognizes its selection as the 1939 national champion by the Helms Athletic Foundation.

Not all schools recognize national championship honors bestowed by third-party selectors.(see WVU)

There are recent articles that claim it as the 1942 NIT National Championship.

That narrative is out there. It has standing because of the fact that the NCAA made the move on the NIT instead of the other way around.
Plus the win over Long Island. There was no question in that era college basketball was centered around New York.

What are you trying to argue against?

Do you feel WVU wasn't the best team that year.
I wasn't around so I have no idea if Stanford was anywhere close to WVU.

He can't. Because it doesn't exist. Stanford was 1942 National Champions.

CE has a better shot at trying to claim 1922 WVU college football team as National Champions.

He isn't claiming WVU won the NCAA championship.
He is saying that WVU won the NIT Championship and that is where the best were at on the biggest stage.

I can do a check on the rosters for a few of those years.
You can see who had the players play professionally.

If it was bullshit I would tell him. He does claim WVU played in the precursor to the Rose Bowl when they played in a bowl game on the West Coast with zero connection to the Rose Bowl

Maybe back in the day WVU was worried about claiming it because they didn't want to upset the NCAA

NCAA already won. There is no way you can make people believe that the NIT is anywhere close to them.

At that time is was better. The NCAA wanted to kill it because of that.

It was more professional. Prize fights at MSG.
Huge gate receipts.

He is saying that WVU won the NIT Championship and that is where the best were at on the biggest stage.

If it was bullshit I would tell him. He does claim WVU played in the precursor to the Rose Bowl when they played in a bowl game on the West Coast with zero connection to the Rose Bowl

No he was clearly saying WVU won a National Title.

Maybe back in the day WVU was worried about claiming it because they didn't want to upset the NCAA

NCAA already won. There is no way you can make people believe that the NIT is anywhere close to them.

At that time is was better. The NCAA wanted to kill it because of that.

It was more professional. Prize fights at MSG.
Huge gate receipts.

Blah Blah Blah....backpedal.

The man has probably believe this most of his life.
Like I said I looked at some things and saw a lot of people believe this.

Not going to change it.
He clarified it was the NIT championship and at that time it was main event

Don't take things your own fanbase has pride about if it has some merit.

Why would a Texas fanboy want to spend time doing this haha. Oh wait! You’re loser Pride.

He can't. Because it doesn't exist. Stanford was 1942 National Champions.

CE has a better shot at trying to claim 1922 WVU college football team as National Champions.
Now that you mention it, Doc Spears' 1922 team WAS the #1 team in the country and won the precursor to the Rose Bowl. OK, so WVU was national champ in 1922 in football and 1942 in basketball. And about a zillion times in rifle. Or are you going to challenge THAT, too?

He isn't comparing it.

He was wrong about the Chiefs as they won the 1962 AFL championshil as the Dallas Texans.

But he is saying that the Chiefs just won their second why can't WVU.

Just hope.
Why shit on and be a jerk.

Especially on a WVU message board.

These other idiots.

They are scum and have miserables lives and hate WVU more than they love their own teams
No one is crapping on anyone. Anything that is posted is open to scrutiny. Why did you call a bunch of people out naming them by name based on a faulty argument? Comparing an NFL team winning a super bowl to a college team winning a national championship is apples to oranges. The jets Dolphins and Browns are some of the most dysfunctional organizations in pro sports but if they were to get good management in the future there chance to win a championship is the same as any other team. When Neal Brown was at Troy he had 3 double digit win seasons and won at LSU. Those are the things that give me hope. Since the playoffs inception Oregon and Washington have made it that gives me hope. There is nothing wrong with having cuyagoa's back but do it when the debate/Argument has merit. Don't do it because you don't like a certain group of posters. Comparing Pro Championships to College is going off the reservation to put it nicely.

I find it very interesting that some of the posters on here are holding the NCAA in such high regard. The NCAA gets to say who was THE national champion. They have the ultimate power to overrule and belittle the NIT Champions from 1942 when the NIT was THE tournament and the NCAA was still trying to figure out if that was the name they wanted to stick with.

Some of you are really pathetically funny the way you are revering the NCAA as a God-like organization when it suits your argument.

Nice try. Ha! Ha! Ha!

I find it very interesting that some of the posters on here are holding the NCAA in such high regard. The NCAA gets to say who was THE national champion. They have the ultimate power to overrule and belittle the NIT Champions from 1942 when the NIT was THE tournament and the NCAA was still trying to figure out if that was the name they wanted to stick with.

Some of you are really pathetically funny the way you are revering the NCAA as a God-like organization when it suits your argument.

Nice try. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Ah, a moment of sanity on a sports forum. Refreshing!

Hail to the 1922 WVU national football champs and 1942 WVU national basketball champs. If I write it down, then it counts, right? I mean, there were only mythical champs for years and not settled on the field. At least now 4 teams get to play for the football title. Leaves out about 300 other teams, but who cares, right? That's what makes March Madness so great: 68 teams duke it out, and the winner is a legitimate national champ. No 4 teams invited like in football.

Nice try. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Did NIT name a national champion in 1942?

Hail to the 1922 WVU national football champs and 1942 WVU national basketball champs. If I write it down, then it counts, right? I mean, there were only mythical champs for years and not settled on the field. At least now 4 teams get to play for the football title. Leaves out about 300 other teams, but who cares, right? That's what makes March Madness so great: 68 teams duke it out, and the winner is a legitimate national champ. No 4 teams invited like in football.

CFE found someone to lick his balls I see.

Now that you mention it, Doc Spears' 1922 team WAS the #1 team in the country and won the precursor to the Rose Bowl. OK, so WVU was national champ in 1922 in football and 1942 in basketball. And about a zillion times in rifle. Or are you going to challenge THAT, too?

The more you post... the more you sound like a basement dweller category poster. You have been outed fakesportswriter.

No one is crapping on anyone. Anything that is posted is open to scrutiny. Why did you call a bunch of people out naming them by name based on a faulty argument? Comparing an NFL team winning a super bowl to a college team winning a national championship is apples to oranges. The jets Dolphins and Browns are some of the most dysfunctional organizations in pro sports but if they were to get good management in the future there chance to win a championship is the same as any other team. When Neal Brown was at Troy he had 3 double digit win seasons and won at LSU. Those are the things that give me hope. Since the playoffs inception Oregon and Washington have made it that gives me hope. There is nothing wrong with having cuyagoa's back but do it when the debate/Argument has merit. Don't do it because you don't like a certain group of posters. Comparing Pro Championships to College is going off the reservation to put it nicely.

Those posters attack the man regardless and tend to attack everything to do with WVU.

Yes those posters should have been called out for being what they are.

Those posters attack the man regardless and tend to attack everything to do with WVU.

Yes those posters should have been called out for being what they are.

You're to funny Bucky. Perhaps you missed your calling. It certainly isn't sports. Posters are not attacking the man. They are pointing out his constant errors and multiple threads of the same variety.

You don't like it you don't have to be here. This board should be membership only and they wouldn't have to worry about monitoring this board every 2 months.

They attack him constantly. If those are the people you support that is on you but all of them hate on WVU.

Vernon even had to tell Rootcanal to knock it off because there is no reason for it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT