ADVERTISEMENT

I love that WVU does not play Marshall

MeowMeowBeenz

Freshman
Feb 27, 2015
In football or basketball. It's great.

Marshall fans don't need to see their team beat WVU to feel relevant... they just need to see their team play WVU.

As for the fan-boys that come to WVU sites declaring that WVU is scared... that is why we don't play Marshall. Let me be more specific... It's not that WVU won't play Marshall because their fans are butt-hurt weirdos. WVU doesn't play Marshall because it is too much fun to watch their butt-hurt, weirdo fans go over the edge when we won't.

The bottom line is that WVU stands nothing to gain from play Marshall, and furthermore, watching their fans whine about not playing will always provide more satisfaction than beating Marshall once again.

I will say this... WVU should pull the Friends of Coal Bowl Trophy out of storage and send it down to Huntington... give those little guys something to commemorate the time that they managed to get on WVU's schedule.

Last edited:
In football or basketball. It's great.

Marshall fans don't need to see their team beat WVU to feel relevant... they just need to see their team play WVU.

As for the fan-boys that come to WVU sites declaring that WVU is scared... that is why we don't play Marshall. Let me be more specific... It's not that WVU won't play Marshall because their fans are butt-hurt weirdos. WVU doesn't play Marshall because it is too much fun to watch their butt-hurt, weirdo fans go over the edge.

The bottom line is that WVU stands nothing to gain from play Marshall, and furthermore, watching their fans whine about not playing will always provide more satisfaction than beating Marshall once again.

I will say this... WVU should pull the Friends of Coal Bowl Trophy out of storage and send it down to Huntington... give those little guys something to commemorate the time that they managed to get on WVU's schedule.
Blah,Blah ,Blah...the simple undeniable truth is if you don't play Marshall...you can't lose to Marshall! The rest is just disingenuous noise and self inflated hot air coming from the capital of hot air! Win something of note and get back to us!

Reactions: Humptod
Good... I was hoping you would show up to display your butt hurt for all of us! That's what makes this so special!

Maybe we can get Marshall to come to us for 50% off on their "Going Out Of Business" sale.
Going out of business? You do realize that Marshall is getting $200,000 from the CUSA media deal every single year, right?

But seriously, I think WVU should buy the media rights to CUSA... it would take up about 1/10 of our annual TV deal, and we get the WVU Department of Communications to produce... we strike up some advertisement deals with Preparation H and other products heavily used by CUSA fans... profit. Bang.

Good... I was hoping you would show up to display your butt hurt for all of us! That's what makes this so special!
What makes you boys so special is your self inflated view of yourselves....never won anything of note but think you're on par with the NE Patriots and GS Warriors! Hahahahahahhahaa

What makes you boys so special is your self inflated view of yourselves....never won anything of note but think you're on par with the NE Patriots and GS Warriors! Hahahahahahhahaa
Well shoot... I don't want to put off that vibe. I know that WVU isn't the Patriots or the Warriors.

I didn't mean to come across that way... sincerely, I was just trying to convey that Marshall is the shart-stain on the underpants of the G5... that's it. I promise.

Well shoot... I don't want to put off that vibe. I know that WVU isn't the Patriots or the Warriors.

I didn't mean to come across that way... sincerely, I was just trying to convey that Marshall is the shart-stain on the underpants of the G5... that's it. I promise.
Win something of note and maybe we'll buy into your party line that beating MU does nothing for WVU!

Win something of note and maybe we'll buy into your party line that beating MU does nothing for WVU!
The thing is... we don't care what you buy. We don't have to.

And again, it's not that beating Marshall does nothing for WVU fans. It's the pleasure we get in driving up your blood pressure by not playing you. Hence, not playing Marshall is more satisfying than beating Marshall.

But again... we don't care what you buy. You've got $200,000. Spend it wisely.

The thing is... we don't care what you buy. We don't have to.

And again, it's not that beating Marshall does nothing for WVU fans. It's the pleasure we get in driving up your blood pressure by not playing you. Hence, not playing Marshall is more satisfying than beating Marshall.

But again... we don't care what you buy. You've got $200,000. Spend it wisely.
Not only is you reply disingenuous but it is non sequitur as well....the pressure of defending a ridiculous position is getting to you cat. If you're scared...just say your scared, no dishonor in that!

If you're scared...just say your scared, no dishonor in that!
You know, life doesn't work that way.

As an employee, if you are an underperforming piece of trash, you don't walk into the boss's office and tell him that he is "too scared" to give you a raise.

more accurately, if you are slovenly, homeless person that smells like urine, you don't walk into a company declare that the boss it "too scared" to give you a high-level position... if you are hired to clean toilets, you should be grateful.

If WVU ever throws Marshall a bone, they should come up to Morgantown, graciously accept, say "thank you", and bow before leaving.

You know, life doesn't work that way.

As an employee, if you are an underperforming piece of trash, you don't walk into the boss's office and tell him that he is "too scared" to give you a raise.

more accurately, if you are slovenly, homeless person that smells like urine, you don't walk into a company declare that the boss it "too scared" to give you a high-level position... if you are hired to clean toilets, you should be grateful.

If WVU ever throws Marshall a bone, they should come up to Morgantown, graciously accept, say "thank you", and bow before leaving.
Your premise implies that WVU is the " boss" ....sorry but we're not on your payroll! Coke don't work for Pepsi.

Hahahahahhahahhhhaha...so what!
Funny is right. If money led to wins, then our friends at Kansas would be drowning in "W's". Ohio U, Memphis, and South Dakota State weren't impressed by the Jayhawk bank account. Although, to their credit, KU was able to tear down the goal posts with a win a few years back. I guess they could afford to buy new goal posts once the cousins were kind visitors.

Funny is right. If money led to wins, then our friends at Kansas would be drowning in "W's". Ohio U, Memphis, and South Dakota State weren't impressed by the Jayhawk bank account. Although, to their credit, KU was able to tear down the goal posts with a win a few years back. I guess they could afford to buy new goal posts once the cousins were kind visitors.

If you want to talk about embarrassing losses how 'bout lets talk about Akron hanging 65 points on Marshall last year. Yeah, Akron.

Bulls eye Michigan! If it was about money we could mail the NC trophy to Harvard every season in both sports!

Win something of note and get back to us!

Thanks for the set up:

head-coach-rich-rodriguez-of-the-west-virginia-mountaineers-holds-the-picture-id56512659

th

th

West Virginia defeats Kansas, 74-63

Familiar feeling: KU falls at West Virginia for third straight season

Correction, make that four in a row.

For the fourth year in a row, Kansas went into West Virginia with high expectations and left with a loss.

The Jayhawks had won 18 games in a row since their opening-night loss, but the Mountaineers outworked their opponent to earn an 85-69 victory over the No. 2 team in the country.

It really is great to be a Mountaineer!

Thanks for the set up:

head-coach-rich-rodriguez-of-the-west-virginia-mountaineers-holds-the-picture-id56512659

th

th

For the fourth year in a row, Kansas went into West Virginia with high expectations and left with a loss.

The Jayhawks had won 18 games in a row since their opening-night loss, but the Mountaineers outworked their opponent to earn an 85-69 victory over the No. 2 team in the country.

Thanks for the set up:

th

th

They don't want to talk about that kind of notable wins...........the only thing that matters to them is when they were playing for championships even if it was on the 1-AA level. Maybe they'd be happier if they were still there.

What's the matter Tonywhined ? You seem speechless. What happened to your typical "win something of note" response ?

None of that junk appears to procla
They don't want to talk about that kind of notable wins...........the only thing that matters to them is when they were playing for championships even if it was on the 1-AA level. Maybe they'd be happier if they were still there.
None of that junk proclaims " National Championship" , I mean congrats on winning the Bacon Bowl and all that but get back to us when you win something of note....could be this year, we'll be watching but not holding our collective breath's!

No....but we're better than marshal.....much much better....in everything except criminality of players...the stumbling herd wins that one hands down

Your premise implies that WVU is the " boss" ....sorry but we're not on your payroll! Coke don't work for Pepsi.
I wish I could buy wvu for what they're worth and sell them for what they THINK they're worth, Tonycried2.

I wish I could buy wvu for what they're worth and sell them for what they THINK they're worth, Tonycried2.

Ha! That would be a scam of epic proportions, one that would make even Bernie Madoff blush.

Well, the Big XII says that we are worth $34.8 million a year to them and we're raking in almost $8 million a year in third tier rights on top of that. How much is Marshall worth to CUSA? I've heard $200,000.........that can't be right, or can it ?

You wealth would dwarf Bill Gates and Warren Buffet's....the only problem would be only other self inflated WVU ego maniacs would pay the WVU price! Most folks won't pay top dollar for hot air!

You wealth would dwarf Bill Gates and Warren Buffet's....the only problem would be only other self inflated WVU ego maniacs would pay the WVU price! Most folks won't pay top dollar for hot air!
Thus the reason Marshla only receives 200Grand?

I'm looking forward to football season, Tonycried....I'm not sure why, but I am...
Me too...can't get any worse than 2016. And maybe the Cousins will win something of note, I know we both pull for the misguided Mounties!

It looks like you're both needing to call 1-800-THEHERD and order your season tickets since Marshall games are no longer broadcast on real TV.
It looks like you're both needing to call 1-800-THEHERD and order your season tickets since Marshall games are no longer broadcast on real TV.
Just hoping I don't have to watch WVU lose to VPI right of the bat and have yet another season with no chance of winning anything of real note...relished to the Bacon Bowl at best!

Sorry the number tou have dialed is no longer working due to failure to pay their bill. For further information dial 1-800-Who GAS!

I dialed that Herd phone number and it ended up being a direct line to the Huntington Police. Have to respect those who serve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT