ADVERTISEMENT

Huggins is right. "We belong in" March Madness!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU played #3 Kansas, #5 Purdue, #8 Texas, #9 Baylor, #14 Kansas State, #16 Xavier, #17 Kansas State, #23 Iowa State, #24 TCU, #25 Texas Tech.

That’s 10 Top 25 teams. EIGHTEEN games against Top 25 teams, SIXTEEN games in the Big 12, by far the toughest conference in the country!

How many 20+W teams in other conferences would NOT do better than 2-8 (SIX single-digit losses by WVU of the 8 L's) against that incredibly tough lineup?

With Iowa State, which lost earlier to WVU, and Kansas State, which WVU lost to by 6 ON THE ROAD, left to play before the Big 12 tournament, when WVU will be matched against Oklahoma, Texas Tech or Oklahoma State in the opener. WVU has beaten all 3 this season.

WVU is 16-13 and will play 2 games against teams the Mountaineers have beaten (18-14?). 18 should get WVU into March Madness. After all, in the 2022 March Madness, Michigan got in with 17-14, Rutgers with 18-13.

Don't dismiss it without providing FACTS and numbers to refute what I posted! Just personal insults doesn't prove anything. I go by facts and numbers, NOT opinions!

WVU played #3 Kansas, #5 Purdue, #8 Texas, #9 Baylor, #14 Kansas State, #16 Xavier, #17 Kansas State, #23 Iowa State, #24 TCU, #25 Texas Tech.

That’s 10 Top 25 teams. EIGHTEEN games against Top 25 teams, SIXTEEN games in the Big 12, by far the toughest conference in the country!

How many 20+W teams in other conferences would NOT do better than 2-8 (SIX single-digit losses by WVU of the 8 L's) against that incredibly tough lineup?

With Iowa State, which lost earlier to WVU, and Kansas State, which WVU lost to by 6 ON THE ROAD, left to play before the Big 12 tournament, when WVU will be matched against Oklahoma, Texas Tech or Oklahoma State in the opener. WVU has beaten all 3 this season.

WVU is 16-13 and will play 2 games against teams the Mountaineers have beaten (18-14?). 18 should get WVU into March Madness. After all, in the 2022 March Madness, Michigan got in with 17-14, Rutgers with 18-13.

Don't dismiss it without providing FACTS and numbers to refute what I posted! Just personal insults doesn't prove anything. I go by facts and numbers, NOT opinions!
Go **** yourself.

If they lose the next 2 they're not Marching anywhere.

If they lose the next 2 they're not Marching anywhere. Are you sure Texas Tech was ranked when WVU played them? They went as high as #20 inweek 3 and haven't been back since? How many of those ranked teams did they beat?

Not true. If they only lose by 1-2 points in both games, it will likely improve our seed.

NET ranking for WVU supports your point. And my week after week stance. WVU WILL be in March Madness. Iowa State has lost 3 in a row, lost to WVU in Morgantown. WVU's first game in Big 12 will be again 7th through 10th place team, too. That means 18 W's which got TWO teams into March Madness last year. Big 12 teams get extra attention for selection committee because, as NET shows, Big 12 is TWICE AS TOUGH as any other conference in America so WVU's single-digit losses are as impressive as 10-point W's in other conferences!

NET ranking for WVU supports your point. And my week after week stance. WVU WILL be in March Madness. Iowa State has lost 3 in a row, lost to WVU in Morgantown. WVU's first game in Big 12 will be again 7th through 10th place team, too. That means 18 W's which got TWO teams into March Madness last year. Big 12 teams get extra attention for selection committee because, as NET shows, Big 12 is TWICE AS TOUGH as any other conference in America so WVU's single-digit losses are as impressive as 10-point W's in other conferences!
Can you please find another thread to post this again. Your first nine times were not enough.

Well win the last 2 and a game in Big 12 Tournament and it's 19 wins. Here's the tough part of that theory, are you ready for it.....

WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO WIN THOSE GAMES!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT