ADVERTISEMENT

How many shaves are you getting from your blade

electric since I left the military...

no good barbers left...

electric since I left the military...

no good barbers left...
What is a good electric shaver? I have pretty severe carpal tunnel in both hands and am having trouble holding the razor,

been using this for several years...

iu

What is a good electric shaver? I have pretty severe carpal tunnel in both hands and am having trouble holding the razor,

My opinion, having used electrics for 35+ years.....if your beard is composed of straight/comparatively stiff hairs, your better bet will be a foil head shaver (like Braun). However, if your beard is softer.....or has some curl.....then a rotary head shaver (like Norelco) will do you better.

Not that you asked, but I started out with a Sunbeam.....then transitioned to foils for years. That is, until I took a flyer on a Norelco a decade+ ago; I was shocked how much better it worked on my comparatively soft beard (and was correspondingly more protective of my skin).

Meanwhile Gurb, your story is somewhat reminiscent of my Dad's when he started shaving back in the 1930's......like everyone from that era, he originally used a blade and lather for years. But he was a baseball player back in the late 1940's/early 1950's and took a pitch off his right index finger, fracturing it. As a result, he too couldn't hold a razor properly......forcing him to go to an electric.

Not sure he ever picked up a razor again.

Shiiitt.... you pansies... I replace my razor heads... about once a month.
My+favourites+are+the+shaving+scenes+and+slapping+scenes+_456f32fc7217359ca31272768ad1cf6d.jpg

My opinion, having used electrics for 35+ years.....if your beard is composed of straight/comparatively stiff hairs, your better bet will be a foil head shaver (like Braun). However, if your beard is softer.....or has some curl.....then a rotary head shaver (like Norelco) will do you better.

Not that you asked, but I started out with a Sunbeam.....then transitioned to foils for years. That is, until I took a flyer on a Norelco a decade+ ago; I was shocked how much better it worked on my comparatively soft beard (and was correspondingly more protective of my skin).

Meanwhile Gurb, your story is somewhat reminiscent of my Dad's when he started shaving back in the 1930's......like everyone from that era, he originally used a blade and lather for years. But he was a baseball player back in the late 1940's/early 1950's and took a pitch off his right index finger, fracturing it. As a result, he too couldn't hold a razor properly......forcing him to go to an electric.

Not sure he ever picked up a razor again.
Appreciate the info guys. Think I'll take a look at the rotary.

Infinite...strop my straight razor every morning.
I'm impressed. I own one which I purchased in High School. Absolutely terrible using it. But it is one of my favorite things and I'm a minimalist and don't like to have things that are unnecessary in my life.

I spoil myself every haircut at rays barber shop & get a shave, Sam is wonderful, other than that i get 4 or 5 out of the dollar store razors...but it takes me 4 days to get a 5 o'clock shadow

bought a straight edge while in Germany...

too many cuts...

before you need to replace it?
Tons, but I have a beard. I shave a small area on my neck to keep a clean line. I use an old double edge safety razor. Bought 100 blades for ten bucks a couple of years ago, and I still have at least 85.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT