ADVERTISEMENT

How could i.e. ACC teams get out of GORs

And an article on what it will take to keep Notre Dame independent--a $75 million per year contract with NBC up from $15 mil per year for the same amount of content:

Notre Dame football wants $75 million per year from NBC to stay independent​

And here, even though this is a thread discussing the imminent doom of most posers heres ACC, is an article illustrating CLEARLY why there is no real path forward for the PAC.

Will Phil Knight be enough to save Oregon's conference realignment hopes?

excerpt: Regardless of what happens, though, we can rest assured knowing that one of the most powerful men in all of sports is in Oregon’s corner, and doing everything he can to make sure that the Ducks are in the thick of things when all is said and done.

so while some want to play make believe to protect the interests of their funders, reality paints quite a different picture for the ACC and PAC. The fate these morons wished upon the BIG 12 is actually at their own doorstep about to come in any moment.

Here's Paul Finebaum on what he expects in regards to FSU and perhaps Clemson:

Paul Finebaum believes Florida State wants 'badly' out of the ACC​

ESPN's Paul Finebaum expressed that Clemson and Florida State are making it clear that they want to leave the ACC. The dominoes will fall when one program makes a decision.

“The ACC has no chance of competing with the Big Ten or SEC without Notre Dame,” Finebaum said. "I think Clemson wants out of the ACC badly and so does Florida State ... this is all predicated on Notre Dame, by the way. I think things are going to happen. There's way too much activity going on. I think the chips are going to fall all over the place here."

Finebaum believes that everyone is waiting on Notre Dame to announce its future before the next round of conference realignment will begin.

More interesting info for reality deniers about FSU looking at exiting the ACC:

SOURCES: Florida State exploring leaving ACC for new conference​

Sources tell NoleGameday that Florida State is in the process of exploring a move to a new conference. The Seminoles have had discussions with the SEC and Big Ten since last summer. Both conferences have displayed an interest in adding the university to their group of current members, along with other schools in the ACC.

I like Miami in the BIG better than FSU
Miami is not AAU. If the Big Ten wanted to add Florida (not sure they do) then they might go after UF. I don't think they'd be all that interested in a small private school with a small fanbase extremely far from everyone else.

The SEC might add them to go along with UF and trying to keep the Big Ten out.

Also don't see FSU being attractive to the B10.

And the actual contracts of the BIG 12, PAC 12 and ACC

excerpt:

For an ACC school that tried and failed, the forfeited TV revenue would run into the hundreds of millions. But the current financial stakes may have changed the math. The Big Ten’s next media rights deal, which will begin a year from Friday, could ultimately allow the league to pay out as much as $100 million per school per year. It’s safe to assume that the SEC and Big Ten will each soon be able to pay out at least $70 million per school per year. The ACC distributed an average of $36.1 million per school for the 2020-21 school year.

I think the most likely outcome would ESPN would find a way to compensate the ACC for any departures and those teams would move on.

I think the most likely outcome would ESPN would find a way to compensate the ACC for any departures and those teams would move on.
From what has been said here in the local media, from sources in the athletic department and university, there is not much interest from the SEC for adding Clemson and Florida St. From the SEC's end, those schools don't really boost the conference's revenue. I'm sure the schools want out, but they don't really have anywhere to go.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
From what has been said here in the local media, from sources in the athletic department and university, there is not much interest from the SEC for adding Clemson and Florida St. From the SEC's end, those schools don't really boost the conference's revenue. I'm sure the schools want out, but they don't really have anywhere to go.
The SEC will likely find renewed interest once the Big Ten gets a bigger tv contract.

Such as moving them to the AAC, I agree.
I think the Big 12 is in a good position. They will be the #3 league that will participate in the playoff. I really do feel that they will pick up some PAC and ACC schools. Now I said on a earlier post that the MWC and AAC conference could be winners as well. There will still be some PAC and ACC schools left over after the Big 3 BIG SEC Big 12 get to 20 teams. The next tier which will be thebAAC and MWC should add quality schools. I see the MWC possibly getting
Oregon st
Washington state
Cal
Maybe Stanford
UTEP
NM State
Sam Houston state
Now the MWC will probably find 1more schools to get to 20 but these schools fit the area and the addition of the remaining PAC schools adds some punch.

the AAC could get
Syracuse
Boston College
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Wake Forest
Duke -if no one gets them
Army
UCONN.
Now the AAC owns the Army Navy game and pics up some quality football and basketball programs.

Here's Paul Finebaum on what he expects in regards to FSU and perhaps Clemson:

Paul Finebaum believes Florida State wants 'badly' out of the ACC​

ESPN's Paul Finebaum expressed that Clemson and Florida State are making it clear that they want to leave the ACC. The dominoes will fall when one program makes a decision.

“The ACC has no chance of competing with the Big Ten or SEC without Notre Dame,” Finebaum said. "I think Clemson wants out of the ACC badly and so does Florida State ... this is all predicated on Notre Dame, by the way. I think things are going to happen. There's way too much activity going on. I think the chips are going to fall all over the place here."

Finebaum believes that everyone is waiting on Notre Dame to announce its future before the next round of conference realignment will begin.
Any team that isn't in the Big 10 or Sec wants badly out of their current conference. That is the point you continuously miss

Reactions: Tylerite
They aren't going to have renewed interest for anything that doesn't make them more money.
FSU and Clemson are outliers. They are Acc teams playing in areas that are deep within the Sec's footprint. They don't add anything new to the Sec's footprint. Its the biggest reason they aren't in the Sec now.

Reactions: sammyk
They aren't going to have renewed interest for anything that doesn't make them more money.
ESPN is pretty much giving the SEC everything and anything it wants so giving them more money doesn’t seem to be an issue, especially if they added Clemson and to a lesser degree FSU, the top two football brands in an otherwise football light ACC.

Any team that isn't in the Big 10 or Sec wants badly out of their current conference. That is the point you continuously miss
I haven’t missed anything, but the conference has to want you in their conference. That’s the part you continually miss.

Its also why your ACC is on the verge of collapse as soon as that GOR thing is worked out. No one wants to be in that conference that matters, but the SEC and B10 find several of your members very enticing.

Clemson, FSUboth have already had meetings and would be gone were it not for the GOR. They won’t make that mistake twice— out asap once the opportunity arises. The PAC has a similar problem with the “ I think we are a brand” Oregon and Washington— no place to go But most certainly are doing whatever they can to get out.

I haven’t missed anything, but the conference has to want you in their conference. That’s the part you continually miss.

Its also why your ACC is on the verge of collapse as soon as that GOR thing is worked out. No one wants to be in that conference that matters, but the SEC and B10 find several of your members very enticing.

Clemson, FSUboth have already had meetings and would be gone were it not for the GOR. They won’t make that mistake twice— out asap once the opportunity arises. The PAC has a similar problem with the “ I think we are a brand” Oregon and Washington— no place to go But most certainly are doing whatever they can to get out.
The acc isn't on the verge of collapse maybe 10-15 years from now but not today. FSU Clemson Oregon and Washington are stuck for the time being. Nothing they can do about it. Those teams want to go to either the Big 10 or Sec they don't want to be anywhere else. Every team in the Big 12 would jump at the opportunity to go to the Big 10 or Sec stop denying what everyone with any common sense knows.

ACC fans want to delude themselves continuously. I have a bridge for sale over the Kanawha River.

Clemson and FSU and others aren’t sitting and wasting away until 2036 no matter what you want to delude yourself with.

Look for NDs decision and the start of the next playoff where the big big money starts rolling in with the SeC contract, B 10 contract and BIG 12 contract.

But no keep deluding yourself. Meanwhile get the F off of Mountaineer and BIg 12 boards with your lies and disinformation about our conference and schools - shilldiots.

ACC fans want to delude themselves continuously. I have a bridge for sale over the Kanawha River.

Clemson and FSU and others aren’t sitting and wasting away until 2036 no matter what you want to delude yourself with.

Look for NDs decision and the start of the next playoff where the big big money starts rolling in with the SeC contract, B 10 contract and BIG 12 contract.

But no keep deluding yourself. Meanwhile get the F off of Mountaineer and BIg 12 boards with your lies and disinformation about our conference and schools - shilldiots.
There are several bridges over the Kanawha river and you do not own any of them. Take a chill pill DuckBuck.

The conference realignment battle between the SEC and Big Ten is leading up to an expansion of the College Football Playoff format. Currently, four teams compete for the championship but there has been some support behind increasing the field of teams to eight or twelve.

There is a real possibility that the SEC will try to find a loophole to add Oklahoma and Texas in 2023 rather than waiting until 2025. It would allow the conference to leapfrog the Big Ten's additions while advancing towards a record media deal.

Braden Kieth of SwimSwam News is reporting that North Carolina, Florida State, Clemson, and Virginia are negotiating to join the SEC. The four ACC teams are trying to void their TV deals per Kieth's report.

Donnan also claiming “Miami, Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina are going to be in the SEC pretty quick," Donnan said. "North Carolina's basketball helps. Donnan is an FSU grad.

Zach Pierson - The ACC has some intriguing programs in terms of their brand, success, prestige and location for realignment. Clemson, North Carolina, Duke, Miami, Florida State, and Notre Dame are all near the top of the list and it would be shocking to not see them move on.

Basically everything people are claiming right now is nothing more than a guess.

You talk like you have a vested interest in the Big 12. Serious question, and it’s not to argue, but why? Just curious.

Can't win the Big 12. Certainly wouldn't win SEC or finish above .500 most times but the money would be nice.
The recruiting would get even better and the more money to keep expanding on the already great facilities we have would only position ourselves to be even more successful.

The recruiting would get even better and the more money to keep expanding on the already great facilities we have would only position ourselves to be even more successful.
Just because you're in a great conference doesn't mean you automatically recruit better.

You talk like you have a vested interest in the Big 12. Serious question, and it’s not to argue, but why? Just curious.
He probably is a Pitt fan and he knows as long as Wvu remains in the Big 12 we won't be any more relevant than Pitt

I can answer this for you. Some fans of teams, who aren't currently included in the "safe" conferences, are afraid of their teams getting left out. Their way to cope with this anxiety is to try to assure themselves that a positive outcome exists, and talk it into existence. We all do this to a certain degree (in general, not just sports), but some people go overboard.

Note: By "safe" conferences, I mean the SEC and Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT