ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Holton reinstated

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Jonathan Holton has been reinstated to the team.

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (February 11, 2016) – West Virginia University men’s basketball coach Bob Huggins announced today that senior forward Jonathan Holton has been reinstated to the team.

Holton missed the last four games due to a suspension for a violation of team rules. The Miami, Fla., native has played in 20 games this season, averaging 9.7 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.

We weren't beating Kansas with him anyways. Like that or not. That's how it was. Glad to have him back.

Huge. Great to hear this news.

I felt we definitely missed Jon at KU. Defense, rebounding & put backs off all those shots right at the rim.

Last year at the Phog he went for 12 points, 10 boards. Was dominant in building a 40-26 halftime lead.

Hopfully Holton learned from this most recent issue. Im glad he has been reinstated, let him knock off the rust and help the team finish the season strong and get ready for the NCAA Tournament.

We weren't beating Kansas with him anyways. Like that or not. That's how it was. Glad to have him back.
Not sure I agree with that assessment. Having Holton does not mean we would have won, but Press Virginia is a completely different team without him.

The benefits of the Press is most felt at the start of the game but more importantly midway through the second half, as the other team starts to physically and mentally wear down. Although we won 2 of the last 3 games, Hugs backed off pressing 100% of the time during this stretch.

I just hope Holton kept in shape while missing 2 weeks of games and practices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT