ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, Jerkoffs

It is still a 50,000 seat stadium that isn't much more impressive than the Joan. Most of the money they spent on the stadium was for limestone on the outside of the stadium at the base of the press box area.

A Marshall fan posting on a WVU board trying to brag about K State's facilities being better than WVU's. [laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

Is that another vicarious win?
Typical case of another greenie watching his program comfortably setling into the lower tier of cusa and wanting to make himself feel better by attempting to drag the flagship down with the guppyship.

Jesus, you are one dumb mother fvcker. First, I didn't say they were inferior to the rest of the league. I said they were inferior to 2/3 of the league. They are better than what Kansas and Iowa State currently have (though Kansas may pass them once their $300 investment is finished). Further, I never argued that facilities is the only thing that matters in terms of winning or losing games. Being better recruiters and coaches play a huge part in the success of a team (or lack thereof). Facilities are a huge part (but not all) of recruiting. Recruiting is a huge part of winning (but not all).

Your ability to rationalize and reason is severely lacking.

But, for shit's-and-giggles, lets test your flawed interpretation of my argument. I claimed (and basically proved) that wvu's football facilities are better than only Kansas and Iowa State in the Big 12. After last season, I posted what wvu's rank was, cumulatively, since joining the conference. Since that time, their conference rank was third to last. Want to guess who was behind them? That's right, only Kansas and Iowa State, the only two teams whose facilities are worse.

Does that mean facilities determine wins/losses? No. But it is more than just a coincidence. Facilities are a big part of recruiting which is a big part of winning.

No, I lost you when I used a three syllable word.

Do you know what "senile" means? It is defined as "having or showing the weaknesses or diseases of old age." You do realize that Snyder has throat cancer and was recently being treated for it, right? You do realize that his age and health has severely limited his coaching hours and abilities, right? You do realize that his son has basically been acting as the head coach in terms of duties since, right?

You're a coward and a liar. You tried bashing me by lying to support your argument. When called out on it, you run away from showing any bit of proof.

A coward and a liar.

Have you seen the improvements being done at WVU? How do these improvements compare to what you have seen elsewhere.

Last edited:
Try to not put your bias in this.

Out of the Big 12 schools, where do you rank wvu in overall football facilities? If you aren't familiar with what some of your conference peers have to offer, go to YouTube and put in "[name of school] football facilities" and you'll be able to see some videos.
I've been to a few and looked at others on line . I'd say we are in the bottom 1/2 right now . We are working on it though

Have you seen the improvements being done at WVU? How do these improvements compare to what you have seen elsewhere.

I haven't seen all of them. I heard you were improving your stadium including making the corridors wider, which I think is sorely needed. There is nothing wrong with your stadium. It just doesn't have the "it" factor. Aeshetically, look at the outside and inside of it compared to some of the others (Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, KSU, etc.). It just looks older, outdated, and like a regular boring stadium. I'm sure you guys are making changes to that.

Look at KSU's new stuff (their phase 2 and phase 3, especially). When you walk into their facilities (the newest building, as they have a bunch of new entrances in buildings), there is a beautiful 4 story atrium that blows you away. It is huge. Walk a bunch of recruits into that thing, then have those recruits compare it to walking into a newly refurbished entrance to another school's facilities where the ceiling may be 15 feet high. You can't compare the two.

Again, this isn't a knock on wvu. It is to show just how impressive Big 12 facilities are. As much money as Texas has and invests in their programs, they may not even be in the top four in the Big 12 in facilities for football. That is crazy; again, not a knock on Texas, more of a statement on the conference.

I've been to a few and looked at others on line . I'd say we are in the bottom 1/2 right now . We are working on it though

I appreciate the honest response. I am curious who you think has inferior facilities in the conference. Remember, there are only nine other schools. Iowa State and Kansas, sure. But, after that, who does wvu beat? You could make a fairly reasonable argument that you have some things better than Texas Tech, but overall, they still beat you (especially after their $48 million indoor opens in a few months). Nobody else comes close. At best, you'd be 7th out of 10 in the conference. I put you as 8th, behind Texas Tech.

There are morons in this thread (looking at you, Tony) who think facilities don't equate to wins. That's false. They aren't the only thing that matters, but they are damn important to winning. If you don't believe it, rank the Big 12 football facilities. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are 1-2 at this point. Behind them, Baylor, Texas, TCU, and Kansas State are all pretty mixed in together with very nice facilities. Then, you have Texas Tech/wvu followed by the bottom two.

Take those rankings and compare them to the rankings of the average conference finish I posted earlier. They are almost exactly in line with the facilities. That isn't a coincidence.

Of course, more winning means more money which means the ability to invest more in facilities. So, they go hand-in-hand. But you can't deny the very close relationship between the two.

I haven't seen all of them. I heard you were improving your stadium including making the corridors wider, which I think is sorely needed. There is nothing wrong with your stadium. It just doesn't have the "it" factor. Aeshetically, look at the outside and inside of it compared to some of the others (Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, KSU, etc.). It just looks older, outdated, and like a regular boring stadium. I'm sure you guys are making changes to that.

Look at KSU's new stuff (their phase 2 and phase 3, especially). When you walk into their facilities (the newest building, as they have a bunch of new entrances in buildings), there is a beautiful 4 story atrium that blows you away. It is huge. Walk a bunch of recruits into that thing, then have those recruits compare it to walking into a newly refurbished entrance to another school's facilities where the ceiling may be 15 feet high. You can't compare the two.

Again, this isn't a knock on wvu. It is to show just how impressive Big 12 facilities are. As much money as Texas has and invests in their programs, they may not even be in the top four in the Big 12 in facilities for football. That is crazy; again, not a knock on Texas, more of a statement on the conference.

I appreciate the honest response. I am curious who you think has inferior facilities in the conference. Remember, there are only nine other schools. Iowa State and Kansas, sure. But, after that, who does wvu beat? You could make a fairly reasonable argument that you have some things better than Texas Tech, but overall, they still beat you (especially after their $48 million indoor opens in a few months). Nobody else comes close. At best, you'd be 7th out of 10 in the conference. I put you as 8th, behind Texas Tech.

There are morons in this thread (looking at you, Tony) who think facilities don't equate to wins. That's false. They aren't the only thing that matters, but they are damn important to winning. If you don't believe it, rank the Big 12 football facilities. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are 1-2 at this point. Behind them, Baylor, Texas, TCU, and Kansas State are all pretty mixed in together with very nice facilities. Then, you have Texas Tech/wvu followed by the bottom two.

Take those rankings and compare them to the rankings of the average conference finish I posted earlier. They are almost exactly in line with the facilities. That isn't a coincidence.

Of course, more winning means more money which means the ability to invest more in facilities. So, they go hand-in-hand. But you can't deny the very close relationship between the two.
I certainly think we could be 9 or 10. We just starting getting this big money so will take time to catch up

Not if the facilities are so close that any difference is purely inane...we'll go back to the 3000 square foot office compared to the 2999 square foot office. If Kent State was in the Big 12 , I'd be forced to agree with your premise but we're splitting hairs in the supposed difference between the have and the have not's. WVU's stuff is not shockingly below the rest of the league's. What's Okie State have that WVU does not? What's the difference on being on the receiving end of a 20 megaton blast and a 19 megaton blast...nobody in the league has unilaterally disarmed in terms of football facilities.

Not if the facilities are so close that any difference is purely inane...we'll go back to the 3000 square foot office compared to the 2999 square foot office. If Kent State was in the Big 12 , I'd be forced to agree with your premise but we're splitting hairs in the supposed difference between the have and the have not's. WVU's stuff is not shockingly below the rest of the league's. What's Okie State have that WVU does not? What's the difference on being on the receiving end of a 20 megaton blast and a 19 megaton blast...nobody in the league has unilaterally disarmed in terms of football facilities.

The bottom four (Kansas, Iowa State, wvu, Texas Tech) are far behind Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and at least some of TCU/Texas/Baylor/KSU.

Did I use the locker room and swimming pool analogies on this board? If so, go back and read them. It isn't an issue of a few hundred more seats in a stadium or a hundred more square feet in a facility. There are very big disparities in the top third and bottom third of the Big 12's facilities.

Are you still running from your Bill Snyder lie?

The bottom four (Kansas, Iowa State, wvu, Texas Tech) are far behind Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and at least some of TCU/Texas/Baylor/KSU.

Did I use the locker room and swimming pool analogies on this board? If so, go back and read them. It isn't an issue of a few hundred more seats in a stadium or a hundred more square feet in a facility. There are very big disparities in the top third and bottom third of the Big 12's facilities.

Are you still running from your Bill Snyder lie?
Such as?

Such as? You forgot your lies already?

Such as:
I'll ask again what's Okie Sate got that WVU doesn't ? Hell, I might agree with you if you'll disclose the difference. If your premise is based on purely opinion that's OK as everybody is entitled to one!

I'll ask again what's Okie Sate got that WVU doesn't ? Hell, I might agree with you if you'll disclose the difference. If your premise is based on purely opinion that's OK as everybody is entitled to one!

Wait: you asked what you lied about. I showed you. Yet, instead of admitting that you're a moron who has to fabricate things to support your lies, you ignored it entirely and tried asking an unrelated question?

I will answer your question and even dumb it down enough for you to understand as soon as you admit you lied or prove otherwise.

Wait: you asked what you lied about. I showed you. Yet, instead of admitting that you're a moron who has to fabricate things to support your lies, you ignored it entirely and tried asking an unrelated question?

I will answer your question and even dumb it down enough for you to understand as soon as you admit you lied or prove otherwise.
So you lied about Okie State facilities?

I asked you to defend your lie. You can't do it. Only after I asked you to do that multiple times did you try asking me to defend things I didn't even say.

So, keep running, coward.

Dumb and a liar. Not a good combo.

I asked you to defend your lie. You can't do it. Only after I asked you to do that multiple times did you try asking me to defend things I didn't even say.

So, keep running, coward.

Dumb and a liar. Not a good combo.
Rifle, you are one tough guy! Hahahahahaha

That's the only thing you have been able to get correct in this entire thread.

Don't spend too much time looking for you the fabricated comments you attributed to Snyder. They don't exist, liar.
Hahahahhaha, I can assure you I wouldn't spend a moment looking for his comments concerning out of control spending on football, although I respect Coach Snyder. BTW, you started this thread by calling all of us " jerkoffs", can you prove all of us chocked the chicken recently? Hhahahahahahhaha...I must admit I enjoy your banter!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT