ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, Jerkoffs

Mar 7, 2010
Try to not put your bias in this.

Out of the Big 12 schools, where do you rank wvu in overall football facilities? If you aren't familiar with what some of your conference peers have to offer, go to YouTube and put in "[name of school] football facilities" and you'll be able to see some videos.

Since I jerked off last night, I'm qualified to provide an answer.

I would say Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, TCU, Oklahoma, Texas Tech definitely have better facilities overall. Kansas is working on huge upgrades, but right now, I would give WVU a slight edge. Iowa State would be a tossup. I would place WVU tied for 8th with Iowa State.

Aside from traffic on game day and not enough parking right at the stadium our football facility is just fine, thank you.

Aside from traffic on game day and not enough parking right at the stadium our football facility is just fine, thank you.
Nothing wrong with WVU's facilities...with only a few exceptions they're as nice as anybody's in the country! But facilities do not a team make!

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them. It was a basic question suited for a basic audience about where you felt your football facilities ranked within the conference. Clearly, you aren't familiar with what the rest of your conference offers.

Nothing wrong with WVU's facilities...with only a few exceptions they're as nice as anybody's in the country! But facilities do not a team make!

No. In their own conference, almost every team has better football facilities.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them. It was a basic question suited for a basic audience about where you felt your football facilities ranked within the conference. Clearly, you aren't familiar with what the rest of your conference offers.

By "better" do you mean slightly bigger?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them. It was a basic question suited for a basic audience about where you felt your football facilities ranked within the conference. Clearly, you aren't familiar with what the rest of your conference offers

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about how our facilities stack up against anyone elses. And no, I haven't visited any of our Big XII conference members stadiums and I doubt that you have either. I can offer you this link that shows long time Oklahoma supporter Barry Tramel and his opinion about our place -

http://newsok.com/article/5553489

With the windfall of Big XII cash and the renovations that have been done over the past couple of years at all WVU facilities it can certainly be said that we are making gains in that regard.......

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about how our facilities stack up against anyone elses. And no, I haven't visited any of our Big XII conference members stadiums and I doubt that you have either. I can offer you this link that shows long time Oklahoma supporter Barry Tramel and his opinion about our place -

http://newsok.com/article/5553489

With the windfall of Big XII cash and the renovations that have been done over the past couple of years at all WVU facilities it can certainly be said that we are making gains in that regard.......
I guess what I don't get it how many exploding scoreboard's does a stadium need to be considered superior to another school's facilities? I can't believe that ISU's stuff or Okie Sate's stuff is any better than WVU's although their stadium may hold a couple of hundred more. Don't really have a dog in this fight though.

I guess what I don't get it how many exploding scoreboard's does a stadium need to be considered superior to another school's facilities? I can't believe that ISU's stuff or Okie Sate's stuff is any better than WVU's although their stadium may hold a couple of hundred more. Don't really have a dog in this fight though.

There's no fight for you to have a dog in. Our facilities are what they are which is far from bad, and we are constantly upgrading what we have to make the gameday experience better for the fans. It's as simple as that.

There's no fight for you to have a dog in. Our facilities are what they are which is far from bad, and we are constantly upgrading what we have to make the gameday experience better for the fans. It's as simple as that.
By " facilities" do you mean stadium? If so, I agree, I don't think any stadium in America is " nicer" than WVU's, several " bigger" but so what? Again, many times can a scoreboard "explode" to offer fans entertainment? I mean, what does Okie State's stadium do that Mountie Field doesn't?

By " facilities" do you mean stadium? If so, I agree, I don't think any stadium in America is " nicer" than WVU's, several " bigger" but so what? Again, many times can a scoreboard "explode" to offer fans entertainment? I mean, what does Okie State's stadium do that Mountie Field doesn't?

I take it that you're upset (or maybe just a bit jealous) that WVU can have a video board on both ends of the stadium while Marshall will be wondering if they can afford to pay the electric bill for the Joan.

I take it that you're upset (or maybe just a bit jealous) that WVU can have a video board on both ends of the stadium while Marshall will be wondering if they can afford to pay the electric bill for the Joan.
Couldn't care less because it means nothing. Means nothing if WVU has two and Oklahoma has three....blocking and tackling wins football games not video exploding scoreboards!

By "better" do you mean slightly bigger?

No, and if you worked on your reading comprehension, you'd see that I was not arguing that point. I was simply correcting somebody who was presenting false information.

And no, I haven't visited any of our Big XII conference members stadiums and I doubt that you have either.

Within the last two months, I have toured Okie State's, Oklahoma's, Baylor's, and Texas' (not really toured their stuff, as I have seen it countless times). Shortly before then, I saw everything TCU has to offer. I played at Kansas State five years ago. At the time, they were going through a major renovation. Then, they finished another massive one last year. Without a doubt, all of those schools are ahead of wvu in football facilities. Texas Tech is slightly ahead, but their $48 million indoor opens in September and will push them way ahead.

wvu is ahead of Iowa State and Kansas. But Kansas just announced $300 million towards football facilities, so that may be changing soon.

In no way do I think wvu's facilities are bad. In fact, in my argument, I was defending that Dana has done well considering the facilities he competes with within the conference.

By " facilities" do you mean stadium? If so, I agree, I don't think any stadium in America is " nicer" than WVU's, several " bigger" but so what?

That comment is the pinnacle of ignorance. Go watch a baseball game at AT&T Park (San Fran). Then, watch one at Tropicana Field (Rays home stadium). Tell me you don't think a stadium is "nicer" and "better." Those things are huge in recruiting, getting casual fans there to spend money, and earning new fans.

Couldn't care less because it means nothing. Means nothing if WVU has two and Oklahoma has three....blocking and tackling wins football games not video exploding scoreboards!

Again, ignorance. It doesn't mean anything, yet schools are cumulatively spending billions of dollars to improve their facilities, including stadiums. That's amazing that they are throwing away billions for something that means nothing.

No, and if you worked on your reading comprehension, you'd see that I was not arguing that point. I was simply correcting somebody who was presenting false information.

Within the last two months, I have toured Okie State's, Oklahoma's, Baylor's, and Texas' (not really toured their stuff, as I have seen it countless times). Shortly before then, I saw everything TCU has to offer. I played at Kansas State five years ago. At the time, they were going through a major renovation. Then, they finished another massive one last year. Without a doubt, all of those schools are ahead of wvu in football facilities. Texas Tech is slightly ahead, but their $48 million indoor opens in September and will push them way ahead.

wvu is ahead of Iowa State and Kansas. But Kansas just announced $300 million towards football facilities, so that may be changing soon.

In no way do I think wvu's facilities are bad. In fact, in my argument, I was defending that Dana has done well considering the facilities he competes with within the conference.

That comment is the pinnacle of ignorance. Go watch a baseball game at AT&T Park (San Fran). Then, watch one at Tropicana Field (Rays home stadium). Tell me you don't think a stadium is "nicer" and "better." Those things are huge in recruiting, getting casual fans there to spend money, and earning new fans.

Again, ignorance. It doesn't mean anything, yet schools are cumulatively spending billions of dollars to improve their facilities, including stadiums. That's amazing that they are throwing away billions for something that means nothing.
Yet, the coach of KSU decried the spending on this stadiums and publically stated they have little to do with the outcome of a football game! But I guess Coach Snyder is ignorant as well, Hahahahahahahaha

K State better than us? WTF are you all smoking? 50,000 seating capacity. Hell, The Joan is almost that nice.

th

KSU_FB_t960.jpg

And here is their barn they use as an indoor facility for football.

fb-indoor-practice-200x120.jpg

They appear to be very proud of it by all of the pictures they have on the web.

K State better than us? WTF are you all smoking? 50,000 seating capacity. Hell, The Joan is almost that nice.

th

KSU_FB_t960.jpg

Unclear to me what criteria is being offered to prove the claim that WVU's stuff is inferior to most of the Big 12. What specifically does ISU or KSU have, as you pointed out, have that WVU doesn't! And even if their scoreboard has 12 megawatts more power than WVU's how does that impact the outcome of a particular football game?

He's referring to 'OVERALL FOOTBALL FACILITIES', which includes much, much more than simply the playing field and stadium. There's the practice facilities, locker rooms, coaches offices, meeting rooms, and much more. I just looked up K-State, after CR89 made his post, and they invested quite a bit in the last few years, including $65MM on the nice building shown in one of the pictures.

Personally, I would like to see these billions of dollars being spent on athletic facilities to be spent on better causes. You can travel to a fancy stadium and eat snails in the air conditioned sky boxes these days, but you have to do so on crumbling roads and bridges.

He's referring to 'OVERALL FOOTBALL FACILITIES', which includes much, much more than simply the playing field and stadium. There's the practice facilities, locker rooms, coaches offices, meeting rooms, and much more. I just looked up K-State, after CR89 made his post, and they invested quite a bit in the last few years, including $65MM on the nice building shown in one of the pictures.

Personally, I would like to see these billions of dollars being spent on athletic facilities to be spent on better causes. You can travel to a fancy stadium and eat snails in the air conditioned sky boxes these days, but you have to do so on crumbling roads and bridges.
I guess we'd have to compare the locker rooms...I guess a locker and a stool to sit on have been replaced by God knows what! Maybe this is a byproduct of my age!

It's all about investing in nice facilities that can attract the kids to sign with your team. I guess if you can bring in the players, and win, then it pays off two-fold, with additional revenues from sources like fans in the seats, booster donations, and money from bowl games, although that's often split amongst the conference, but I may be wrong.

Yet, the coach of KSU decried the spending on this stadiums and publically stated they have little to do with the outcome of a football game! But I guess Coach Snyder is ignorant as well, Hahahahahahahaha

Link proving Snyder's comments that facilities have "little to do with the outcome of a football game."

Snyder may be very old and senile, but he isn't dumb enough to claim that facilities aren't very important in recruiting, which is very important in winning.

In fact, don't just provide the link. Provide the actual quotes where Snyder claims that stadiums (facilities) have little to do with the outcome of a football game.

th

KSU_FB_t960.jpg

Marshall has a few huge morons on their board. But I am not sure any of them can compete with you. Did you get those pictures from the U.S. Track & Field website again when you were learning about NCAA rules, moron?

The pictures you posted of Kansas State's stadium are years and years old. Over the last five years, they have put in nearly $200 million in their facilities. They also announced last year another huge investment coming up.

This is the new stadium:

http://www.kstatesports.com/page/facilities-football

And here are some videos of their new facilties over the last couple of years since I know you aren't much of a reader:

And, yes, they have an indoor. It happens to be the biggest in the nation (unless recently surpassed). I mean, it isn't quite like the pony-league indoor wvu has that can't fit a full field, has many punts/kickoffs hitting the netting, and forgot to put any windows in it, but hey, not everyone can have an indoor that is 20 years old like wvu.

The renovations at Kansas State have them overwhelmingly in front of wvu in football facilities. It isn't even close. Their stadium is immensely better. Have you seen everything else in the videos (locker room, lounge, player media area, player academic area, training area, weight room, coach's offices, lobbies, hospitality area, etc.)? It isn't even close.

This wasn't a knock on wvu. It was more of praise for Dana doing a decent job considering your facilities are one of the bottom three in the conference. And that really can't be argued.

Facility rankings aren't based just on stadium size (or just a stadium). Regardless, KSU's stadium is far, far better than the 'Pusk. Their other facilities just steamroll wvu even more.

Stick to comparing your facilities to Iowa State and Kansas (though not for long). Those are your peers.

I guess we'd have to compare the locker rooms...I guess a locker and a stool to sit on have been replaced by God knows what! Maybe this is a byproduct of my age!

It is more an indication of you being a moron than your age.

Yes, locker areas complete with luxury lounge areas, ventilation systems in each locker so players don't have to smell like shit each time they put their gear on and have dry equipment, media hookups so their phones/electronics can be charged after practice, video game systems, individual private locks so you can keep your valuables protected, storage areas so you can keep your belongings there instead of lugging them back-and-forth around campus each day, computers so you can do all of your football and academic work in one place without needing to go all over campus, training table so you can get your meals/snacks all made for you so that you can spend your time on football and academics instead of grocery shopping and preparing food, etc. are all very important things to recruits (and their parents).

I assume you live in a shithole house that still has a box for a television, a couch from 1983, a rotary phone, etc.? I mean, why renovate, upgrade, make it look aesthetically better, or make your life easier with technological advances, right?

Marshall has a few huge morons on their board. But I am not sure any of them can compete with you. Did you get those pictures from the U.S. Track & Field website again when you were learning about NCAA rules, moron?

The pictures you posted of Kansas State's stadium are years and years old. Over the last five years, they have put in nearly $200 million in their facilities. They also announced last year another huge investment coming up.

This is the new stadium:

http://www.kstatesports.com/page/facilities-football

And here are some videos of their new facilties over the last couple of years since I know you aren't much of a reader:

And, yes, they have an indoor. It happens to be the biggest in the nation (unless recently surpassed). I mean, it isn't quite like the pony-league indoor wvu has that can't fit a full field, has many punts/kickoffs hitting the netting, and forgot to put any windows in it, but hey, not everyone can have an indoor that is 20 years old like wvu.

The renovations at Kansas State have them overwhelmingly in front of wvu in football facilities. It isn't even close. Their stadium is immensely better. Have you seen everything else in the videos (locker room, lounge, player media area, player academic area, training area, weight room, coach's offices, lobbies, hospitality area, etc.)? It isn't even close.

This wasn't a knock on wvu. It was more of praise for Dana doing a decent job considering your facilities are one of the bottom three in the conference. And that really can't be argued.

Facility rankings aren't based just on stadium size (or just a stadium). Regardless, KSU's stadium is far, far better than the 'Pusk. Their other facilities just steamroll wvu even more.

Stick to comparing your facilities to Iowa State and Kansas (though not for long). Those are your peers.

It is still a 50,000 seat stadium that isn't much more impressive than the Joan. Most of the money they spent on the stadium was for limestone on the outside of the stadium at the base of the press box area.

A Marshall fan posting on a WVU board trying to brag about K State's facilities being better than WVU's. [laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

Is that another vicarious win?

It is still a 50,000 seat stadium that isn't much more impressive than the Joan. Most of the money they spent on the stadium was for limestone on the outside of the stadium at the base of the press box area.

A Marshall fan posting on a WVU board trying to brag about K State's facilities being better than WVU's. [laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

Is that another vicarious win?

Stay clueless. Their first step completely changed the entire press box/coach's boxes/luxury boxes/corridors/elevators on one side. The second step enclosed the stadium with more luxury boxes, huge video boards on each side, seating, etc.

Why are you trying to argue this? Even an average moron can see that their facilities, as a whole, far exceed wvu's. This wasn't a jab at wvu in any way. Your facilities are fine. But they are also in the lower third of the conference. The point was that Dana hasn't done a bad job considering what he has to recruit against within your conference.

The Big 12 has some really, really nice facilities. As a whole, they are probably the second best as a conference. Sure, individual schools like Oregon are amazing, but for an entire conference, the Big 12 brings a lot to the table in facilities.

It's all about investing in nice facilities that can attract the kids to sign with your team. I guess if you can bring in the players, and win, then it pays off two-fold, with additional revenues from sources like fans in the seats, booster donations, and money from bowl games, although that's often split amongst the conference, but I may be wrong.
But they 're all " nice". I can't imagine a recruit being swayed to ISU because their coach's office is 3600 square feet and WVU's is " only" 3599. At what point does the comparison become inane?

But they 're all " nice". I can't imagine a recruit being swayed to ISU because their coach's office is 3600 square feet and WVU's is " only" 3599. At what point does the comparison become inane?

Can you try to mislead and simplify the issue anymore? For some reason, you are hung up on thinking that facilities are judged by a few hundred more fans in a stadium or 1 square foot in a coach's office.

It shows you to be completely ignorant to the things that are out there. Again, why are billions of dollars put into college football facilities? If they are useless and don't result in more wins/better recruits, why are so many educational institutions spending so much on them? This isn't a debate if priorities of colleges are screwed up. It is a discussion if facilities help teams win (by getting better recruits, more ticket sales, more interest, etc.).

Go check out Google's campus and everything they offer for their employees. Why do they spend so much money on their facilities? They do it so that they can recruit and retain the brightest minds in their fields. If they put those bright minds in a plain, boring, floor-after-flood of cubicles without free busing (with wifi) to/from work, without free food in the numerous work cafeterias, without tons of extracurricular facilities, without an aesthetically pleasing campus, etc. they have no chance of recruiting or retaining them compared to what competitors are providing.

This shit isn't rocket science.

Oh, how about those Snyder quotes- still working on fabricating them to support your lie?

Can you try to mislead and simplify the issue anymore? For some reason, you are hung up on thinking that facilities are judged by a few hundred more fans in a stadium or 1 square foot in a coach's office.

It shows you to be completely ignorant to the things that are out there. Again, why are billions of dollars put into college football facilities? If they are useless and don't result in more wins/better recruits, why are so many educational institutions spending so much on them? This isn't a debate if priorities of colleges are screwed up. It is a discussion if facilities help teams win (by getting better recruits, more ticket sales, more interest, etc.).

Go check out Google's campus and everything they offer for their employees. Why do they spend so much money on their facilities? They do it so that they can recruit and retain the brightest minds in their fields. If they put those bright minds in a plain, boring, floor-after-flood of cubicles without free busing (with wifi) to/from work, without free food in the numerous work cafeterias, without tons of extracurricular facilities, without an aesthetically pleasing campus, etc. they have no chance of recruiting or retaining them compared to what competitors are providing.

This shit isn't rocket science.

Oh, how about those Snyder quotes- still working on fabricating them to support your lie?
If WVU's total facilities are so inferior to the rest of the league and these translate into wins...then WVU should go winless in 2017 Big 12 play by your reasoning. Please don't go to Vegas and test fire this theory...tough town when you're broke! You lost me when you referred to one the most respected Coaches in Football today as " senile", I'll leave Coach Snyder's quotes to you to research and maybe you'll gain some respect for this good man!

If WVU's total facilities are so inferior to the rest of the league and these translate into wins...then WVU should go winless in 2017 Big 12 play by your reasoning.

Jesus, you are one dumb mother fvcker. First, I didn't say they were inferior to the rest of the league. I said they were inferior to 2/3 of the league. They are better than what Kansas and Iowa State currently have (though Kansas may pass them once their $300 investment is finished). Further, I never argued that facilities is the only thing that matters in terms of winning or losing games. Being better recruiters and coaches play a huge part in the success of a team (or lack thereof). Facilities are a huge part (but not all) of recruiting. Recruiting is a huge part of winning (but not all).

Your ability to rationalize and reason is severely lacking.

But, for shit's-and-giggles, lets test your flawed interpretation of my argument. I claimed (and basically proved) that wvu's football facilities are better than only Kansas and Iowa State in the Big 12. After last season, I posted what wvu's rank was, cumulatively, since joining the conference. Since that time, their conference rank was third to last. Want to guess who was behind them? That's right, only Kansas and Iowa State, the only two teams whose facilities are worse.

Does that mean facilities determine wins/losses? No. But it is more than just a coincidence. Facilities are a big part of recruiting which is a big part of winning.

You lost me when you

No, I lost you when I used a three syllable word.

one the most respected Coaches in Football today as " senile",
Do you know what "senile" means? It is defined as "having or showing the weaknesses or diseases of old age." You do realize that Snyder has throat cancer and was recently being treated for it, right? You do realize that his age and health has severely limited his coaching hours and abilities, right? You do realize that his son has basically been acting as the head coach in terms of duties since, right?

I'll leave Coach Snyder's quotes to you to research and maybe you'll gain some respect for this good man!

You're a coward and a liar. You tried bashing me by lying to support your argument. When called out on it, you run away from showing any bit of proof.

A coward and a liar.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, you are one dumb mother fvcker. First, I didn't say they were inferior to the rest of the league. I said they were inferior to 2/3 of the league. They are better than what Kansas and Iowa State currently have (though Kansas may pass them once their $300 investment is finished). Further, I never argued that facilities is the only thing that matters in terms of winning or losing games. Being better recruiters and coaches play a huge part in the success of a team (or lack thereof). Facilities are a huge part (but not all) of recruiting. Recruiting is a huge part of winning (but not all).

Your ability to rationalize and reason is severely lacking.

But, for shit's-and-giggles, lets test your flawed interpretation of my argument. I claimed (and basically proved) that wvu's football facilities are better than only Kansas and Iowa State in the Big 12. After last season, I posted what wvu's rank was, cumulatively, since joining the conference. Since that time, their conference rank was third to last. Want to guess who was behind them? That's right, only Kansas and Iowa State, the only two teams whose facilities are worse.

Does that mean facilities determine wins/losses? No. But it is more than just a coincidence. Facilities are a big part of recruiting which is a big part of winning.

No, I lost you when I used a three syllable word.

Do you know what "senile" means? It is defined as "having or showing the weaknesses or diseases of old age." You do realize that Snyder has throat cancer and was recently being treated for it, right? You do realize that his age and health has severely limited his coaching hours and abilities, right? You do realize that his son has basically been acting as the head coach in terms of duties since, right?

You're a coward and a liar. You tried bashing me by lying to support your argument. When called out on it, you run away from showing any bit of proof.

A coward and a liar.
[/QUOTE]
Hahahahahahahahahhha! Do you know what the word inane means? I'll test your theory next year...WVU defeats only ISU and KU next year until the Jawhawks new facilities kick in. Would you please provide a list of all Big 12 HC's office sizes and locker room sizes and approximate sixe of players locker's. Also any information about video board size would be useful...don't bother with returning starters,schedules, etc.

After last season, I posted what wvu's rank was, cumulatively, since joining the conference. Since that time, their conference rank was third to last. Want to guess who was behind them? That's right, only Kansas and Iowa State,

Here is our finish each year, dumb ass.
2016 = 3
2015 = 5
2014 = 6
2013 = 8
2012 = 8

That's an average of 5th. Dumb ass.

Hahahahahahahahahhha! Do you know what the word inane means? I'll test your theory next year...WVU defeats only ISU and KU next year until the Jawhawks new facilities kick in. Would you please provide a list of all Big 12 HC's office sizes and locker room sizes and approximate sixe of players locker's. Also any information about video board size would be useful...don't bother with returning starters,schedules, etc.[/QUOTE]

How can you not understand this? I clearly claimed that it wasn't my theory. There are other important factors that go into a program's success than their facilities. I just explained that.

I then said that since you incorrectly attributed that theory to me, I would show that it does hold some water (by showing wvu's placement in conference).

Christ. I don't know what is worse- your spelling and grammar or your ability to understand coherent and logical arguments.

Here is our finish each year, dumb ass.
2016 = 3
2015 = 5
2014 = 6
2013 = 8
2012 = 8

That's an average of 5th. Dumb ass.

HAHAHAHAHAH! You should probably get a calculator next time you are using such large numbers, moron. 6th, not 5th.

BUT, more important than that is your inability to understand rankings. You see, just because wvu has averaged a sixth place finish doesn't mean they are ranked 6th during that time in the conference. You have to look at the average finish for all teams in the conference and then rank them accordingly, moron.

God damn. This is statistics 101 you're failing miserably.

3 + 5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 30

30/5 = 6
E="MichiganHerd, post: 1589126, member: 4722"]3 + 5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 30

30/5 = 6[/QUOTE]
3 + 5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 30

30/5 = 6
3 + 5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 30

30/5 = 6
What if you took the 6 and multiplied it by the square root of the difference in size's of coach's offices between KSU and WVU , then divided by the difference in size of the video boards at WVU and Texas Tech...then just to add some spice to the equation subtract the number of amenities found in the Oklahoma locker room ( automatic ass wiper and corn hole cleaner, etc.) that WVU doesn't have....brain buster!

Hahahahahahahahahhha! Do you know what the word inane means? I'll test your theory next year...WVU defeats only ISU and KU next year until the Jawhawks new facilities kick in. Would you please provide a list of all Big 12 HC's office sizes and locker room sizes and approximate sixe of players locker's. Also any information about video board size would be useful...don't bother with returning starters,schedules, etc.

How can you not understand this? I clearly claimed that it wasn't my theory. There are other important factors that go into a program's success than their facilities. I just explained that.

I then said that since you incorrectly attributed that theory to me, I would show that it does hold some water (by showing wvu's placement in conference).

Christ. I don't know what is worse- your spelling and grammar or your ability to understand coherent and logical arguments.

HAHAHAHAHAH! You should probably get a calculator next time you are using such large numbers, moron. 6th, not 5th.

BUT, more important than that is your inability to understand rankings. You see, just because wvu has averaged a sixth place finish doesn't mean they are ranked 6th during that time in the conference. You have to look at the average finish for all teams in the conference and then rank them accordingly, moron.

God damn. This is statistics 101 you're failing miserably.[/QUOTE]
I need that list, bro! I'm going all in on this theory!

I just quickly calculated them again. The last time, I actually went through game-by-game and determined who would rank where each season when there were ties (based on Big 12 tiebreaker rules). I am not taking the time to do that again this time, so I would count multiple teams in the same spot if they tied.

For instance, if wvu and TCU had identical 4-5 conference records and tied for 5th in the conference, I counted both as #5 instead of seeing who won the head-to-head. When more than two teams tied, it took too long to go through the tie-breaker rules like I did the last time when wvu finished ahead of only Kansas and Iowa State.

So, since wvu joined the conference, here are the rankings of average finish:

Oklahoma: 1.8
Oklahoma State: 3.2
Baylor: 3.4
TCU: 3.6
Kansas State: 4.2
Texas: 4.2
wvu: 4.6
Texas Tech: 5.0
Iowa State: 8.8
Kansas: 9.8

So, even without taking the time to do the tie-breakers, wvu has been the 7th best (in conference) out of the 10 teams since joining the Big 12.

I have claimed that they have the 8th best football facilities, just behind Texas Tech. Amazingly, if you look at the best facilities in the conference, the rankings of the teams are very similar to how their facilities measure up.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have the two best football facilities in the conference and both are #1 and #2 on the field. Baylor, TCU, KSU, and Texas all have facilities which are pretty close, and they are all ranked right next to each other in record. wvu and Texas Tech have are close in facilities, flip-flop in rankings depending on the methodology, and Iowa State and Kansas have the two worst facilities and the two worst records.

Now, my theory is NOT that football facilities equate to records. I claim that it is a major part of the success of a program (conversely, the success of a program can also result in better facilities, so what came first?).

And before anyone comments on it, yes, Texas has great facilities, but they are hurting with some. Their lack of land from being near downtown Austin hurts them. Their practice field leaves a lot to be desired (not to mention neighboring the busy highway). Their indoor is a practice "bubble" that numerous schools within the Big 12 have better, as do many schools around the country.

God damn. This is statistics 101 you're failing miserably.
I need that list, bro! I'm going all in on this theory![/QUOTE]

If I were you, I would work on mastering basic message board usage, since you seem to struggle with the quote function here.

But, to answer your question, look at my previous post. Again, that isn't my theory, but the theory you are incorrectly attributing to me is almost identical to the records of each Big 12 school over the last five years.

I need that list, bro! I'm going all in on this theory!

If I were you, I would work on mastering basic message board usage, since you seem to struggle with the quote function here.

But, to answer your question, look at my previous post. Again, that isn't my theory, but the theory you are incorrectly attributing to me is almost identical to the records of each Big 12 school over the last five years.[/QUOTE]
I'm giving you all the credit if it pans out, bro! But I need the list to put "our" theory to the test. BTW, what do you know about VPI's scoreboard size, coach's office size, locker room size and amenities?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT