ADVERTISEMENT

Here you go ACC fanboys....

Nov 15, 2017
ACC brought in 73 4 to 5 star recruits with 14 teams.

Meaning on average each school brought in 5.2 top level recruits

Big XII brought in 55 4 to 5 star recruits with 10 schools.

Meaning on average the Big XII brought in 5.5 a school.

Big XII recruited top level recruits on a higher level than the ACC.

Big XII also had 60% of the conference in the Top 35 according to Rivals

ACC only has 50% of their conference in the Top 35

Big XII makes more money, has higher TV ratings on average and gets better recruits than the ACC.

How is the ACC better?

Reactions: JustCallMeDad

Big XII makes more money, has higher TV ratings on average and gets better recruits than the ACC.

How is the ACC better?
i like the Big 12 a lot. However, if given the choice for WVU, I would pick the ACC. The travel is just too far for our fans.

Basketball only goes so far.

When the Big East expanded into football the conference in the early 90’s could have been said to be the best conference.

But because the Big East was controlled and operated by basketball schools they could not generate the revenue to compete

Same can be said about the ACC

The ACC is actually not as smart as the Big East.

They should have their conference tournament in DC every year at least.
Not Greensboro. Would love to see if they compromise about the Basketball Tournament.

The issue with the ACC is their expected increase in revenue from their network could possibly be too late.
I do not know the ACC’s deal with ESPN but if it is based on revenue from the channel the ACC might be in a world of hurt.
All cable cords are being cut. People no longer are buying cable packages like before so with that maybe the ACC would be smarter to stream their games online and then charge to stream the games.
Cut ESPN right out of the middle.
With ESPN you have a media company that doesn’t do anything that you can’t do yourself.
Reason why most people at Texas would much rather have their third tier rights back.
ESPN doesn’t want to void the contract in fear that UT walks out the door to the B1G or PAC 12.
Seems like the ACC is a little too late to the party.
Like with realignment itself the people in Carolina do not view sports the same as the SEC and B1G.

Maybe with an ACC network we can get rid of the ACC homer GregJacobs

He calls everyone here a homer but he is stroking the ACC shaft while he is calling everyone a homer.

Basketball only goes so far.

When the Big East expanded into football the conference in the early 90’s could have been said to be the best conference.

But because the Big East was controlled and operated by basketball schools they could not generate the revenue to compete

Same can be said about the ACC

The ACC is actually not as smart as the Big East.

They should have their conference tournament in DC every year at least.
Not Greensboro. Would love to see if they compromise about the Basketball Tournament.
The Big lEast collapse can be blamed on the Providence fumbducks who REFUSED to tell Notre Dame to $hit or get off the pot concerning football. The Asheshe will realize that soon once they make the CFP over a conference champion.

The only two NC coaches I remember leaving a program after winning a NC are Johnny Majors from Pitt and Jimbo Fisher from Florida St.

Proof the ACC is the minor leagues.
Dabo will be the third in a couple of years.

Three times set a trend.
When teams were after Bob Stoops he stayed at OU.

The only two NC coaches I remember leaving a program after winning a NC are Johnny Majors from Pitt and Jimbo Fisher from Florida St.

Three times set a trend.
Howard Schnellenberger left Miami after a NC. Nick Saban left LSU after a NC. Pete Carroll left USC after a NC. Barry Switzer left Oklahoma after a NC. I’m sure there are others. It’s not uncommon.

Reactions: Funky Bunch

Three times set a trend.

Jimbo left 5 years after winning it.

Howard Schnellenberger left Miami after a NC. Nick Saban left LSU after a NC. Pete Carroll left USC after a NC. Barry Switzer left Oklahoma after a NC. I’m sure there are others. It’s not uncommon.

Everyone eventually leaves but not to another college job.

It is crazy to think that the ACC with their 14 schools plus ND makes less money from TV revenue than the Big XII with every school.

The population of the ACC is maybe 7 times the Big XII

That is what happens when you allow welfare schools in your conference.

Three schools carry the football burden for the ACC.
Florida State should have jumped in 2012.
Speaking with people I know in Florida they think they could have kept Jimbo and built the facilities in the Big XII.

Afterall the ACC was a minor football conference prior to 1992.

Research the ACC before 1992.

Great point...

I have heard someone claim on here that Aggy was able to get Jimbo while UT struck out.
Aggy loves to use this narrative not just against UT but LSU as well.
Neither school went after Jimbo.
Florida St was about to play in the ACC Championship when Mack Brown was fired. Jimbo wasn’t going to ditch his team right before a NC

The real issues was A&M in 2013 were being angel investors to many different school’s AD.
I can tell you five coaches offhand that stayed because their school magically had anywhere from 1-3 million donated overnight.
UT boosters could have done the same thing to Florida St this year.
There are at least 10 boosters that could have donated 3 million a piece to save Florida State

Why?

A) No coach has won at A&M since 1939.
Almost 100 years. Bear Bryant couldn’t win there.
B) Why help Florida State when their AD thought they could survive in the ACC
UT doesn’t care who coaches at A&M.
UT has much larger fish in the sea than A&M

How is the ACC better?

Still waiting for a Big12 playoff win. Still waiting. Still waiting. At least Oklahoma finally beat one good team for Conference Pride. Still waiting. Still waiting. Maybe this year is the year.

I have to admit it's funny watching these Texas guys troll us WVU fans but having them around to stomp on Pitt and the ACC is very nice.

Reactions: Major Applewhite

He’s on a roll replying to himself. It’s awesome so don’t ruin it. Thank you.

I have to admit it's funny watching these Texas guys troll us WVU fans but having them around to stomp on Pitt and the ACC is very nice.

Pitt allowed Penn State to run all over them
Have no respect for their fanbase or their athletics.

Pitt should have put major money into athletics in the early 90’s to compete with Penn State but they couldn’t because they don’t really have a fanbase.

All they can claim is their fake NC from the 1910’s and a bunch of Helms Basketball NC.

Think you are paranoid, Queen Beta Bitch.

You might be seeing Texas fans in bushes or something....
At least Texas’ fans do not act like they are WVU fans.
Unlike Pitt fans who lack the manhood to fly their colors on this board.

Look everyone the Texas moron wont shut up

ACC has obvious issues. Not like the Big XII does not but the difference in the ACC and the Big XII is that the schools that are making the decisions in the Big XII are financially stable. Unlike the ACC that has obvious issues with schools like North Carolina.

The ACC had a horrible deal with Raycom. Luckily Raycom was bought out. The ACC because of the lack of football history prior to Florida State joining the league never ran the conference with football on its mind until it was too late.

Pitt is an issue for the ACC. Same as Boston College and Syracuse. Even with Miami there is an issue.

I guess if the NFL goes on a long term lockout than the ACC might be the conference that gains the most. Still will the people in the Northeast and in South Florida pay attention to CFB.

The ACC Championship game?

Every year it has been the lowest attended and viewed championship game

The Big XII when it has had a game has beat the ACC in television ratings and in attendance every year

Last edited:
ACC has obvious issues. Not like the Big XII does not but the difference in the ACC and the Big XII is that the schools that are making the decisions in the Big XII are financially stable. Unlike the ACC that has obvious issues with schools like North Carolina.

The ACC had a horrible deal with Raycom. Luckily Raycom was bought out. The ACC because of the lack of football history prior to Florida State joining the league never ran the conference with football on its mind until it was too late.

Pitt is an issue for the ACC. Same as Boston College and Syracuse. Even with Miami there is an issue.

I guess if the NFL goes on a long term lockout than the ACC might be the conference that gains the most. Still will the people in the Northeast and in South Florida pay attention to CFB.

The Big XII when it has had a game has beat the ACC in television ratings and in attendance every year
The ACC is fine.

The ACC is not fine.

Half of the schools have attendance issues

https://accsports.com/acc-news/football/declining-football-attendance-inside-the-numbers-in-the-acc/

I am speaking about under 30K.

Next issue is revenue. This is just college football revenue
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/05/richest_college_football_progr.html

Then there is the issue with having football schools
Va Tech
Clemson
Florida State
NC State
Georgia Tech

Being mixed with schools that lack fans
Pittsburgh
Boston College
Syracuse
Louisville
Miami

Mixed with BBall schools
Carolina
Duke
UVA

Mixed with schools with no fans at all
Wake

You do not need a degree in accounting to understand this

23. Florida State: $55.7 million

Florida State has been a heavy hitter in football revenue for decades, beginning its climb when Bobby Bowden brought the program to national prominence in the late 1980s and catalyzed its official move to the ACC a quarter-century ago this fall (1992). It's been a steady ascent in the meantime. Notable is that FSU football listed a whopping $42.5M in expenses in 2015-16, a higher total than any program other than Alabama.

Florida State makes pocket change but attempts to spend like it has a nest egg of revenue

Sooner or Later Florida St’s football program will take a nose dive and they will jump at the chance of having the revenue to actually be one of the schools with the long dicks in CFB.
No conference has more money at the top than the Big XII with Texas and Oklahoma.

Three of those you mention went to a NFL team so they do not count. I do not remember where Schnellenberger went right after he left Miami. I know he ended up at Oklahoma in one of the worst coaching moves that Sooners have ever made.

And to the original premise in this post Pitt was not even in a conference when Majors left to go home to Tennessee.

Texas doosh super rustled haha

Three of those you mention went to a NFL team so they do not count. I do not remember where Schnellenberger went right after he left Miami. I know he ended up at Oklahoma in one of the worst coaching moves that Sooners have ever made.

And to the original premise in this post Pitt was not even in a conference when Majors left to go home to Tennessee.
And...Majors came back to Pitt. So I have no idea what the OP’s point was anyways. Schnellenberger coached Louisville in 1985. Last season at Miami was the 1983 NC season.

Do PItt fans even like the ACC.

I see some on here carrying the banner but I guess that is to troll WVU more than anything.

I ask this because from what I have seen Syracuse fans absolutely despise the conference. Some have even went as far as to claim that the ACC officiating is in conspiracy to keep Syracuse basketball down.

How many times does the ACC have to piss on WVU before our fans realize they look down their noses at us.

Maryland blackballed WVU from the ACC because WVU kept Maryland from going to a bowl game from the Southern Conference. The ACC, mostly former Southern Conference members with WVU, has yetched at WVU every chance it gets. Move on. We're in the Big 12, a better basketball conference top to bottom than the ACC, and WVU tripled its annual payday from its best Big East days. Enjoy it.

As usual, I would prefer 4 conferences with 2 8-team divisions. That would be the best 64 football and basketball teams in America. Have the 8 division winners play for the national title in football and all 64 play in March Madness. Piss on the independents. No subjective choices for the national playoff. You want in, win your division.

You could rotate the teams in each division from year to year so that, for example, the same teams are not battling Alabama for a spot in the 8-team playoffs every year. Maybe take 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th from one division and switch them with the bottom 4 in the other division every 4 years after everyone has had home-and-away with every team in their division for 2 cycles.

Let's settle it on the field, not in some committee meeting where the horse-trading is rampant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT