ADVERTISEMENT

Has this team quit?

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
Really. With all the struggles and all the defections and injuries it makes you wonder. This is a big test for NB. This season is over and motivating these guys is going to be tough.

On defense it's just one mental mistake after another. Offensively the QB is terrible at best and our receivers just drop to many catch-able passes

Meaning they didn't quit.

Fanboy crap haha. Players don’t quit. Coaches do sometimes. Players play. The excuses on this site are pathetic. No one quits. Every move Brown since he got hired slowly led WVU to implode this year. Then AD comes out and begs for fans to accept this disgrace. Where is he gonna get players to turn next year into an 8 or 9 win season? Recruiting sucks.

Fanboy crap haha. Players don’t quit. Coaches do sometimes. Players play. The excuses on this site are pathetic. No one quits. Every move Brown since he got hired slowly led WVU to implode this year. Then AD comes out and begs for fans to accept this disgrace. Where is he gonna get players to turn next year into an 8 or 9 win season? Recruiting sucks.

Says the guy who wears head-to-toe Pitt gear.

Wow folks you missed my question. It was based on it will now be hard...going forward...for NB to motivate this team and not have them quit.

Also, any nitpicking on playing better at the end of the game or gaining yards is just that. With 14 minutes to go in the Second quarter Texas Tech could and did coast.

Wow folks you missed my question. It was based on it will now be hard...going forward...for NB to motivate this team and not have them quit.

Also, any nitpicking on playing better at the end of the game or gaining yards is just that. With 14 minutes to go in the Second quarter Texas Tech could and did coast.

It will be difficult. With the best chance to win of the remaining games turning out to be a home beatdown, it can really demoralize a team. I think the only chance he has is to get them to embrace this underdog role. Get them to play fast and loose with the young guys because they have no expectations going forward and it's a competition for a starting spot on the roster next year any way.

The season was a wash to begin with. Most of this team will be here for the next 3 seasons. 2019 was a rebuilding year as well as a transition year. Brown will probably spend the next 3 games just experimenting. He has probably been doing that for a few games now. When you have freshman backing up freshman you're not going to be successful. Brown will probably try to get some guys some playing time and weed out the non hackers from this point on. We will see next year if there is improvement or not.

True, but with a 25 point lead, it's not like the defense was getting their best shot.

You need to remember how many of those points were a direct result of turnovers. Those turnovers are squarely on the offense. The defense did its job and then some. Take away all of the turnover stats and the defensive performance ain't too shabby.

Everything after 3 wins is icing on my cake. Some may have wanted more or worse, expected more. But what I want is to see what Brown can do with nothing and this squad was bottom of the barrel in many categories. The one in which they are far better than I could hope is in heart - they do not and have not given up. Neither has Neal Brown or his staff. THAT was what I wanted to see and I am seeing it. Is it ugly? OMG yes. Is it what is going to make this a solid team in the future? Absolutely.

Then again. I seem to have had a different take on success all season compared to most. If we do not win another game or lose by these crazy scores, I will not care so long as I see this effort by everyone for FOUR FULL QUARTERS.

It was a dumb question. Let it go.

Really. With all the struggles and all the defections and injuries it makes you wonder. This is a big test for NB. This season is over and motivating these guys is going to be tough.

This is not Houston. We haven't given up.

Funny thing is. TVZ, Bucky are never here unless you are.

WVU may have worst home record since 1990. Already lost 4 homes games. One game left. In 1990 WVU lost 5 home games.

About only glimmer of hope:

Jarret Doege got his first QB reps for WVU, handled his progression reads well and quickly, particularly compared to starter Austin Kendall. Doege 11 for 17 for 119 yards and a TD (Kendall had NO TD passes). Isauah Esdale, on a 2-pass play, threw for a TD and was 1-for-1. Again, Kendal has NO touchdown passes. To be fair, WVU receivers dropped passes from Kendall and Doege.

WVU’s performance was worst than the 38-17 would indicate to anyone who did not see the game.

WVU’s rushing game continues to be terrible, the result of the offensive line blocking woes. 51 yards for this game. Texas Tech’s Ta’Shawn Henry alone had 67 of the Red Raiders’ rushing yards.

This late in the season, it’s hard to continue making excuses for the 3-6 season. No one loves my alma mater more than I do, but a team needs to progress as the season moves along. Not happening this year.

Even Neal Brown said he had no positives about the Tech game.

Poor Allen- jumping all over the place with his histrionics as he desperately tries to deflect from the disaster laid upon WVU football— one he worked night and day for a decade to help bring about —yet now wants to deny.

WVU may have worst home record since 1990. Already lost 4 homes games. One game left. In 1990 WVU lost 5 home games.

Jarret Doege got his first QB reps for WVU, handled his progression reads well and quickly, particularly compared to starter Austin Kendall. Doege 11 for 17 for 119 yards and a TD (Kendall had NO TD passes). Isauah Esdale, on a 2-pass play, threw for a TD and was 1-for-1. Again, Kendal has NO touchdown passes. To be fair, WVU receivers dropped passes from Kendall and Doege.

WVU’s performance was worst than the 38-17 would indicate to anyone who did not see the game.

WVU’s rushing game continues to be terrible, the result of the offensive line blocking woes. 51 yards for this game. Texas Tech’s Ta’Shawn Henry alone had 67 of the Red Raiders’ rushing yards.

This late in the season, it’s hard to continue making excuses for the 3-6 season. No one loves my alma mater more than I do, but a team needs to progress as the season moves along. Not happening this year.

Yeah, no point denying there is poor to terrible coaching going on.

Is this the kind of work you did at your tiny paper where you volunteered?

WVU has played terrible in all but 2 games this season. No adjustments or improvement in any area—outside of realizing Kendall is just going to keep throwing INTs and benching him for part if yesterdays second half when it was far too late to catch up.

one of the worst seasons in history— not just in # of losses but in the way they lost.

Last edited:
WVU has only lost 3 games at home.
Texas, ISU, Texas Tech.

They only play 6 home games this year and are 2-3 with 1 home game left. Somebody needs to check up on their history.

I bet the local small paper editor that Eers wrote for was a very busy man trying to figure out what his employee was trying to write about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT