ADVERTISEMENT

Half the Big 12 is in 2017 football top 25

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
ESPN’s 2017 preseason football rankings start with #1 Alabama and #2 Florida State.

But Big 12 has #8 Oklahoma, #10 Oklahoma State, #17 Kansas State, #22 West Virginia, #23 Texas.

That’s 50% of the conference taking up 20% of the national rankings. Not a bad start.

Now if these 5 teams can earn it on the field it could be a major season for the Big 12.

If….

Reactions: xgunnx
ESPN’s 2017 preseason football rankings start with #1 Alabama and #2 Florida State.

But Big 12 has #8 Oklahoma, #10 Oklahoma State, #17 Kansas State, #22 West Virginia, #23 Texas.

That’s 50% of the conference taking up 20% of the national rankings. Not a bad start.

Now if these 5 teams can earn it on the field it could be a major season for the Big 12.

If….

That's one helluva big "if" though.

If….

Please God not this lame ass % argument that even though Big12 doesn't win crap it's the best conference. Really! Are you nitwits going there again? Do any of you guys actually believe the Big12 is anything other than the 5th best P5 conference?

Wonder why these Big12 threads from homers don't get much traffic? Wait my two threads had like 5000 views and around 500 replies. Here's some advise. Don't be a homer. You don't offer much when everyone in America agrees that Big12 football is the least productive and respected P5 football conference in America.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Wonder why these Big12 threads from homers don't get much traffic? Wait my two threads had like 5000 views and around 500 replies. Here's some advise. Don't be a homer. You don't offer much when everyone in America agrees that Big12 football is the least productive and respected P5 football conference in America.

Eh, the conferences are all pretty much equal for the most part. The Big 12 has a lot of parity while the ACC and Big 10 have a couple elite teams and a bunch of shit.

The SEC is Bama and the rest, I mean an 8-4 Auburn team made the Sugar Bowl last year, think about that. Not really sure about the Pac 12, but they don't seem to be overly impressive.

It's basically impossible to rank the P5 conferences particularly when the ACC has 14 (15) members, the Big 10 and SEC have 14, the Pac has 12 and Big 12 10. The schedules are also built differently.

Eh, the conferences are all pretty much equal for the most part. The Big 12 has a lot of parity while the ACC and Big 10 have a couple elite teams and a bunch of shit.

The SEC is Bama and the rest, I mean an 8-4 Auburn team made the Sugar Bowl last year, think about that. Not really sure about the Pac 12, but they don't seem to be overly impressive.

It's basically impossible to rank the P5 conferences particularly when the ACC has 14 (15) members, the Big 10 and SEC have 14, the Pac has 12 and Big 12 10. The schedules are also built differently.
The big 12 has a bunch of shit on the bottom as well. You don't get much shittier than kansas. Iowa state isn't exactly anything to right home about and Texas Tech has had one of the worst defenses in college football the last 2 seasons. Oklahoma won the conference last season but got smacked around by houston and Ohio State. Okie state lost to Central michigan and Wvu could'nt beat a Miami team that didn't beat any of the big boys in the Acc.

Last edited:
Honestly, college football is basically ten teams, regardless of conference, and then probably 30-40 good programs, and finally everyone else.

Reactions: xgunnx

Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State are more than "a couple." Michigan State usually is very good (last year was an aberration), and both Minnesota and Northwestern are solid programs. Do you honestly believe that WVU would have won 10 regular season games as a member of the B1G East?

Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State are more than "a couple." Michigan State usually is very good (last year was an aberration), and both Minnesota and Northwestern are solid programs. Do you honestly believe that WVU would have won 10 regular season games as a member of the B1G East?

Well there goes any semblance of credibility. Those two teams are combined "2" games over .500 the past 10 years. I guess you can call that solid by B10 standards...2 game above .500 for 20 seasons of football.

And to think, you didn't even mention Iowa or Nebraska. But, thankfully, the B1G has a couple decent teams, per WVU homers.

I don't put much stock in any poll that comes out nearly five months before the season starts, whether said poll is favorable or unfavorable to my team or its conference.

And to think, you didn't even mention Iowa or Nebraska. But, thankfully, the B1G has a couple decent teams, per WVU homers.

They do only have 2 good teams. Ohio State and Michigan. The rest of the conference flips a coin to see who finishes 3rd.

Nebraska was the dominant program in the Big 8/12 for a good 20 years. They went to the Big 10 and became a middle of the pack team. I guess their excuse is they can't do any better there in the Big 10 now.

It's not impossible at all if you're not a homer. The SEC, Big Ten and ACC play for National Titles and supremacy while the PAC 12 competes and he Big12 is no where to be seen. Big12 programs jump ship and leave. The conference can't even expand and get a network deal LOL. Some of you homers are so insecure.

If….
What is not appreciated by so many nationwide is that all these teams play all these teams. With that much, apparent, parity we will have each team take losses. This, then, allows those who dwell exclusively on the fringes and with the superficial will not do a decent evaluation but again fall back to rather meanigless stats that ignore the quality of those being paired.

Ohio State walked into Norman and smacked Oklahoma in the mouth and flew back to Columbus. Houston, LOL, handled the 9-0 overwhelming Big12 champion. The Big12 has been a playoff doormat. Why is it so hard for you homers to accept the Big12 status.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

My lord you are a blowhard. No idea what you are talking about either....funny

They do only have 2 good teams. Ohio State and Michigan. The rest of the conference flips a coin to see who finishes 3rd.
You may want to use Google and double check your post. You're WAY off. Might want to check Big championships for Wisconsin, Michigan State and Penn State since 2004 and compare them to Michigan's.

Reactions: GoWVU
You may want to use Google and double check your post. You're WAY off. Might want to check Big championships for Wisconsin, Michigan State and Penn State since 2004 and compare them to Michigan's.

Why are you here defending the Big Ten? Obviously the Big Ten, ACC and SEC rule college football. We've had our differences but you can't overcome the massive Big12 insecure homer conference loyalty that exists on this site.

That's one helluva big "if" though.

Amen!

As we found out in basketball, rankings don't always translate into Final Four teams. I had my (slim) hopes that the Big 12 could squeeze out 3 of the Final Four spots. That would have been something. But this was a season of the unexpected, of nearly 150 losses by Top 25 teams, so I'm not shocked by it. Just had my hopes up.

In fact, you started out posting about FOUR Big 12 teams making the Final Four, but reduced your delusion to THREE after having seen the brackets. You most have posted about this more than a dozen times on different boards, only exceeded by your broken record, "10 junkyard dogs and the Wizard on the stool" posts. The Big 12 has had exactly ONE Final Four team since WVU joined the conference FIVE seasons ago, so why you would babble incessantly about 3-4 Big 12 schools making the same Final Four?

Amen!

As we found out in basketball, rankings don't always translate into Final Four teams. I had my (slim) hopes that the Big 12 could squeeze out 3 of the Final Four spots. That would have been something. But this was a season of the unexpected, of nearly 150 losses by Top 25 teams, so I'm not shocked by it. Just had my hopes up.
What about this years rankings made you think the big 12 would have 3-4 final four teams? For most of the season there wasn't 3 big 12 teams ranked in the top 4. Its hard to put 3 teams in the final four the big east is the only conference I can remember thats done that. The big 12 doesn't have the quality depth to pull that off.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Amen!

This was one of the best seasons the Big 12 had in a long time in Basketball and failed to get 1 team in the Final Four. That in itself tells you allot about the history of Big 12 basketball.. It starts and ends with Kansas.

Last edited:
Why are you here defending the Big Ten? Obviously the Big Ten, ACC and SEC rule college football. We've had our differences but you can't overcome the massive Big12 insecure homer conference loyalty that exists on this site.
I guess it's kind of like when you have a sore in your mouth....you know it's going to hurt when you touch it with your tongue, but you do it anyhow.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
This was one of the best seasons the Big 12 had in a long time in Basketball and failed to get 1 team in the Final Four. That in itself tells you allot about the history of Big 12 basketball.. It starts and ends with the Kansas.
I realize you love to show everyone you are an idiot but going into the season, the B12 was suppose to have a rebuilding season. Next year will be even better for a league that has finished either #1 or #2 in the room the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Last edited:
In fact, you started out posting about FOUR Big 12 teams making the Final Four, but reduced your delusion to THREE after having seen the brackets. You most have posted about this more than a dozen times on different boards, only exceeded by your broken record, "10 junkyard dogs and the Wizard on the stool" posts. The Big 12 has had exactly ONE Final Four team since WVU joined the conference FIVE seasons ago, so why you would babble incessantly about 3-4 Big 12 schools making the same Final Four?
You misquoted me. I wrote 10 pit bulls on defense and the mad scientist on the stool. If you're going to criticize, at least get it right. By the way, how far did Ohio State go in March Madness which had 3 Big 12 teams in the Sweet Sixteen? Surely 17-15 got the Buckeyes into a pay as you go tournament.

Last edited:
I realize you love to show everyone you are an idiot but going into the season, the B12 was suppose to have a rebuilding season. Next year will be even better for a league that has finished either #1 or #2 in the room the last 4 or 5 seasons.
Not really sure what you mean when you say a league that has finished 1-2 in the room the last 4-5 seasons. I don't try to comprehend something written by a moron like yourself. In regards to basketball which I was talking about the Big 12 has only had 1 team make it to the Final Four in the Time Wvu has been in the league which was Oklahoma in 2016. The big 12 has only had 3 elite 8 appearances in the time wvu has been members of the big 12. One was Kansas this year and Oklahoma and Kansas in 2016. So in reality only 2 teams have advanced past the sweet 16 in the time wvu has been members. In the 1st 3 years of big 12 membership no Big 12 team advanced past the sweet 16. Not sure how that can constitutes finishing 1-2 in the room the last 4-5 seasons unless you have sh$t for brains which in your case is quite explainable.

dfc0d0d56bab3e30799c72bea3b63cb0.jpg

Making friends again toolbox!!! There's 5 of you clowns that are all Big12 homers! Can't even admit the conference hasn't done squat in the NCAAs. And has done even less in football. Actually it's a national given that the Big12 football conference is without question number 5 in P5. Own it brah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT