ADVERTISEMENT

Good read on the last schools standing for Big 12 expansion.

Uh ... the writer, very near the beginning of the piece started a sentence with these words: "Reading between the lines ..."

Get it? He made it very clear that he was engaging in speculation. There is no basis to bash him as "making claims" because he made no claims other than to merely offer his opinion on the way things stand.

I stand with the OP. I think it was a good read on the subject.

Its time to stop speculating. Until a decision is made its time to put this to rest. This nonsense is never ending

http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/6/6/11860950/big-12-expansion-its-down-to-byu-houston-and-cincinnati

I would think it comes down to Cincinnati to fulfill WVU need for someone closer as a rival...and my bet...BYU for national base. If that happens late in the Summer then the BYU-WVU game takes on a whole new perspective.

I would rather play in the South (UCF) versus a Cincy team in deplorable upper midwest... and then factor in that yucky "Skyline" chili! UCF, although lacking in historical relevance, is bulking up and set to do something with a little support. I used to be more of a USF proponent but with several coaching changes and slipping in performance, have moved a little further East up Rt.4 as the school I think we should be targeting.

I would rather play in the South (UCF) versus a Cincy team in deplorable upper midwest... and then factor in that yucky "Skyline" chili! UCF, although lacking in historical relevance, is bulking up and set to do something with a little support. I used to be more of a USF proponent but with several coaching changes and slipping in performance, have moved a little further East up Rt.4 as the school I think we should be targeting.

0-12 isn't slipping in performance?

I'm betting two additional members are announced this summer. The CCG may be played with only 10 schools, but likely for only one year. I really don't care who they add, it's no worse than playing Delaware State and paying an FCS school half a million dollars to hopefully pad your W-L record.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I like Houston and Cinn, but I still think UCONN is a sleeper. In SEC, how sexy is it when other members
play Vanderbilt or Kentucky, plus their head to head game? In ACC, same question with Wake Forest,
Boston College, and might even throw Pitt in that class. In the BIG, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern,
and, to a certain extent Illinois. Pac 12, how exciting is it with Colorado ? Washington State only
relevant because of style of play.

So your point is to accept the fact that crappy teams are on the way to the rescue so deal with it like everyone else does? Funny! And, cherry on top..........you consider WVU more respectable than Pitt or Northwestern? Funnier!
Briliant stuff!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT