ADVERTISEMENT

Going to be an interesting Big XII race and ...

The Bell Tolls for Thee

All-Conference
Feb 15, 2005
that second seed in the Big XII is WVU's to lose. Unfortunately being 2 games back from KU means WVU can only hope to tie the Jayhawks assuming WVU wins out and KU loses out. Unlikely and in the event of a tied conference record and head to head record as would be the case, I think Kansas may have advantage in tiebreakers scenarios. That being said, WVU is one game ahead of OU, Texas, and Baylor. Win out and it doesn't matter. Both games are big though. TTU has really separated themselves from the bottom three and nearly nipped us in Lubbock. Baylor is no slouch and WVU ends the season going into the lion's, or more aptly, the bear's den. Even if WVU cannot win out, Baylor and OU stil have to play one another and Texas has the Jayhawks in Austin on Monday. I know it doesn't really matter, but I really want to see WVU get the Big XII tourney monkey off its back and finally get a win in KC. Also really hope WVU can have a good run to set themselves up with an NCAA 2 seed. That'll make it a little easier to reach the Sweet 16 and increase the chance they'll play the opening two rounds in my neck of the woods. Yeah, I got an agenda.

that second seed in the Big XII is WVU's to lose. Unfortunately being 2 games back from KU means WVU can only hope to tie the Jayhawks assuming WVU wins out and KU loses out. Unlikely and in the event of a tied conference record and head to head record as would be the case, I think Kansas may have advantage in tiebreakers scenarios. That being said, WVU is one game ahead of OU, Texas, and Baylor. Win out and it doesn't matter. Both games are big though. TTU has really separated themselves from the bottom three and nearly nipped us in Lubbock. Baylor is no slouch and WVU ends the season going into the lion's, or more aptly, the bear's den. Even if WVU cannot win out, Baylor and OU stil have to play one another and Texas has the Jayhawks in Austin on Monday. I know it doesn't really matter, but I really want to see WVU get the Big XII tourney monkey off its back and finally get a win in KC. Also really hope WVU can have a good run to set themselves up with an NCAA 2 seed. That'll make it a little easier to reach the Sweet 16 and increase the chance they'll play the opening two rounds in my neck of the woods. Yeah, I got an agenda.

Five teams ranked above WVU lost on Saturday. So maybe Mountaineers will climb
back into top 10 again when Monday’s rankings come out.

#1 Villanova easily beat Marquette, but lost to Xavier earlier in the week
#2 Kansas beat Tech Tech
#3 Oklahoma lost to Texas
#3 Virginia (tied with Oklahoma) beat #7 North Carolina
#22 Utah beat #9 Arizona
#20 Purdue beat #10 Maryland
#12 Miami beat #13 Louisville
#14 West Virginia whipped Oklahoma State
Unranked Vanderbilt beat #16 Kentucky
#17 Iowa State beat Kansas State
#19 Baylor beat TCU
Unranked Florida State beat #23 Notre Dame