ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 pod system for 20 teams

sammyk

All-Conference
Oct 26, 2001
OK I will agree with many on here that the ACC and MWC will be the conferences that will be picked aprt not the Big 12 or PAC. So here is what I have came up with. Everyone will play everyone in their pod (4 games) then they will play 2 teams from the remaining pods (6Games) and you will have 1 game to fill with whomever you want.

Pods
Pod A
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
WVU
Cincy

Pod B
Louisville
NC State
G Tech
UCF
Houston

Pod C
Oklahoma St
TCU
Tex Tech
Baylor
Iowa St

Pod D
BYU
Kansas
Kansas St
Coloradao St
Air Force

So some rivalries in every Pod, decent regional games within the pod and then quality games from teams in other pods

So WVU schedule could be

Pitt
Syracuse
BC
Cincy
OK St
TCU
NC St
Louisville
Kansas
BYU

Not bad

Last edited:
At some point the PAC will be broken up because Washington and Oregon and Cal and Utah and ASU and Arizona do not want to be left there.

There’s very little chance that the B10 is going to leave UCLA or USC stranded out west for long.

And when PAC schools leave- and they will- the BIG 12 is going to pick up some of those schools.

It also possible San Diego State gets invited to add California viewers to bump up media rights values And to placate PAC schools who need that southern Cali recruiting.

Seems like Duke, BC, Syracuse, Pitt and Wake would be the most likely leftover ACC squads But even all those won’t remain available if B10 and SEC become 24 team leagues probably. Not sure of their value in comparison to schools like USF or Memphis or even UConn in additional expansion in the East, or as compared to Oregon State or especially Washington State which has comparable tv ratings to BIG 12 and possible PAC adds.

OK I will agree with many on here that the ACC and MWC will be the conferences that will be picked aprt not the Big 12 or PAC. So here is what I have came up with. Everyone will play everyone in their pod (4 games) then they will play 2 teams from the remaining pods (6Games) and you will have 1 game to fill with whomever you want.

Pods
Pod A
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
WVU
Cincy

Pod B
Louisville
NC State
G Tech
UCF
Houston

Pod C
Oklahoma St
TCU
Tex Tech
Baylor
Iowa St

Pod D
BYU
Kansas
Kansas St
Coloradao St
Air Force

So some rivalries in every Pod, decent regional games within the pod and then quality games from teams in other pods

So WVU schedule could be

Pitt
Syracuse
BC
Cincy
OK St
TCU
NC St
Louisville
Kansas
BYU

Not bad
Quit drinking. It's obvious you can't handle it.

Pods
Pod A
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
WVU
Cincy

Pod B
Louisville
NC State
G Tech
UCF
Houston

Pod C
Oklahoma St
TCU
Tex Tech
Baylor
Iowa St

Pod D
BYU
Kansas
Kansas St
Coloradao St
Air Force

So WVU schedule could be

Pitt
Syracuse
BC
Cincy
OK St
TCU
NC St
Louisville
Kansas
BYU

Not bad
That hurts my eyes.

No way that
NC State
Syracuse
Georgia Tech
Boston College

Join the big 12.

Reactions: steeleer
5-F3-D17-C4-4-A06-4153-9-A8-B-BFD2-D6937186.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN

Pods
Pod A
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
WVU
Cincy

Pod B
Louisville
NC State
G Tech
UCF
Houston

Pod C
Oklahoma St
TCU
Tex Tech
Baylor
Iowa St

Pod D
BYU
Kansas
Kansas St
Coloradao St
Air Force

So WVU schedule could be

Pitt
Syracuse
BC
Cincy
OK St
TCU
NC St
Louisville
Kansas
BYU

Not bad

C13980-E9-795-D-4538-910-A-5975-BC4-ADB87.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Boston College would bean add to the Big 12 if what I said came to fruition. If the ACC and MWC are a target for expansion the Big 12 will have only so many teams to add to their conference. With the schools the SEC and Big 10 pick through whats left will be for the Big 12 and BC are one of those schools. And if I am correct Boston College is in a major conference and has been for decades. So I am sorry that you are smarter than the Big East and ACC leadership who knew

Air Force and Colorado State? Just so we can get to 20 teams? No Memphis, USF, Boise State or SDSU? No Pac12 teams, Six from the ACC? I'd wager two packs of Twinkies that nothing close to this will ever happen.

ADVERTISEMENT