ADVERTISEMENT

GM cutting almost 15 thousand jobs

At least their stock went up.
Of course it did. They are going to stop throwing money down expensive wells.

Competitive:

5916701-14606957648718112.png

LOL:

steelbenchmarker_hrb_price_june2018.png

But tariffs have nothing to do with it. It's only $100 a car :joy::joy::joy:

I've given you reasons and a good argument ITT. You just object to admitting you might have been wrong and, ***gasp*** Trump might be wrong. I guess it's a pride thing? Whatever it is, best of luck!
What exactly have I been wrong about again?

So they are laying people off because of exemplary management and soley due to tariffs? If you believe that you are a lot dumber than I thought.
Actually I think they are reinvesting into new technology

Of course it did. They are going to stop throwing money down expensive wells.

Competitive:

5916701-14606957648718112.png

LOL:

steelbenchmarker_hrb_price_june2018.png

But tariffs have nothing to do with it. It's only $100 a car :joy::joy::joy:
Who said tariffa have nothing to do with it. Is it an honesty thing or did you simply not understand what I said?

Probably so but that has next to nothing to do with steel prices.
I think they had to make the lay-offs and closings in order to generate the investment capital that they otherwise would have generated through projected revenue IF THE TARIFFS HADN’T JACKED THEIR COSTS

So they are laying people off because of exemplary management and soley due to tariffs? If you believe that you are a lot dumber than I thought.
Not solely. Customer preferences played a role as well. No doubt input costs was the major driving force though.

I think they had to make the lay-offs and closings in order to generate the investment capital that they otherwise would have generated through projected revenue IF THE TARIFFS HADN’T JACKED THEIR COSTS
If that were true that is pretty bad management. Let me tell you what you need to read. If tariffs were the only issue there would not be layoffs. If tariffs were the issue tjey would raise the sales prices to cover it. There are other reasons for the layoffs and citing among them the cost of tariffs pushes bad publicity away from them and toward your sworn orange enemy.

Who said tariffa have nothing to do with it. Is it an honesty thing or did you simply not understand what I said?
It might be I didn't understand what you said. I have trouble with people that speak/type 4 yr old broken English. You mocked someone that brought up tariffs, blamed management, etc. You can backpedal all you want, just hope you pick something up ITT. Tariffs are bad.

So i was right. It wasnt hard to say.
If it makes you feel better....then atta boy!

Tariffs are helping steelworkers, hurting steel end users. Steel end users are now catching up and passing steel workers. People can blame Evil Corp I guess, but in time everyone will figure it out.

If it makes you feel better....then atta boy!

Tariffs are helping steelworkers, hurting steel end users. Steel end users are now catching up and passing steel workers. People can blame Evil Corp I guess, but in time everyone will figure it out.
Who is blaming evil corp? Pointing out that they pay their publucity department for a reason is not saying they are evil.

Trump's rolling back of CAFE standards was a key part of the closing of the Detroit plant. Just one more way polluting lil'donnie is leading the U.S. down the wrong road.

U
"The company has said tariffs on imported steel, imposed earlier this year by the Trump administration, have cost it $1 billion."
Wait, you’re in agreement with this? Tariffs are responsible for these plant closures that happen to make models of cars or parts that are being discontinued? It’s the tariffs causing it?

U

Wait, you’re in agreement with this? Tariffs are responsible for these plant closures that happen to make models of cars or parts that are being discontinued? It’s the tariffs causing it?
Correct. The tariffs are helping close these plants. Overall trade picture helping close these plants. As are Customer preferences.

Correct. The tariffs are helping close these plants. Overall trade picture helping close these plants. As are Customer preferences.
The tariffs are driving customer preference in specific models that are being discontinued and parts manufacturing that is being phased out?

Interesting theory.

Gas is cheap, folks ain't buying the economy models, funny when Capitalism screws with Trumps bullshit.

The tariffs are driving customer preference in specific models that are being discontinued and parts manufacturing that is being phased out?

Interesting theory.
That's a dumb theory. And nothing near what I said. Customer preferences are phasing out some models. Instead of re-allocating popular models to existing US plants, GM is shifting production to cheaper facilities, because of tariffs and trade ignorance from this administration.

That's a dumb theory. And nothing near what I said. Customer preferences are phasing out some models. Instead of re-allocating popular models to existing US plants, GM is shifting production to cheaper facilities, because of tariffs and trade ignorance from this administration.
lol

And 100% the implication of what you stated all throughout this thread.

U

I have been trying this whole thread to point out that tariffs and Trump are being made the big bad wolf here by GM to take the heat off of their business decisions.

I have been trying this whole thread to point out that tariffs and Trump are being made the big bad wolf here by GM to take the heat off of their business decisions.
WSJ blaming poor widdle Trump for imposing government dominance over markets. The tariffs are a MAJOR factor in the business decisions.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-gm-isnt-likely-to-stop-making-cars-in-china-1543320164

BTW - GM didn't say tariffs a single time in their release. They are tiptoeing around Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT