ADVERTISEMENT

Geno gets paid!

I am SO thrilled for Geno. A decade in the NFL and finally his talents are recognized. We knew he had it at WVU. Outsiders are slow, I guess.

I am SO thrilled for Geno. A decade in the NFL and finally his talents are recognized. We knew he had it at WVU. Outsiders are slow, I guess.
Use your brain. His talents were always recognized. That's why he was still in the NFL. He just needed a place for an opportunity and that opportunity came when Seattle needed a QB quickly.

Once again quit putting something in it that's not there, drama queen.

Good thing Holgorsen came in his last two seasons to help elevate his play to the NFL.

Congrats to Geno on the long overdue success.

Here's what I read,

Geno has basically
a three year contract for
$75 million in salary - plus another
$30 million in incentives, over 3 years.

Pete Carroll said Geno is "betting on himself" to reach those incentives.

Since Geno has made appprox
$17.5 million over his Career ish, it looks good for Geno & Seattle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim_In_Hurricane
As for the West Virginia celebration obviously - Geno was recruited by Bill Stewart, Doc Holliday & Damon Cogdell.

Also Geno played with Stedman & Tavon and beat Auburn with Bill Stewart.

Holgerson benefitted by coaching
Bill Stewart's recruits.

That Orange Bowl year
was by far Holgersons best at West Virginia with Bill Stewart's players.

As for $52 million in 1st season, that was reported - i guess Geno would have to Top all his incentives.

I guess we'll know more
as next season plays out.

Congratulations

As for the West Virginia celebration obviously - Geno was recruited by Bill Stewart, Doc Holliday & Damon Cogdell.

Bill Stewart's recruits.

That Orange Bowl year

Just like Bill's best game was with RR's players and Huggins best season was with Beilein players doing heavy lifting. Sometimes there are synergies where one coach adds the spark to the powder keg filled by the other coach.

Holgorsen brought a dynamic scheme to disciplined and talented players toiling under a bland OC. Bill brought levity and fun to a group of hyperdisciplined players wound up tighter than a watch spring. Huggins brought defense, rebounding, and physical toughness to a team with offensive chops and an effective change of pace defense.

Reactions: steeleer
Just like Bill's best game was with RR's players and Huggins best season was with Beilein players doing heavy lifting. Sometimes there are synergies where one coach adds the spark to the powder keg filled by the other coach.

Holgorsen brought a dynamic scheme to disciplined and talented players toiling under a bland OC. Bill brought levity and fun to a group of hyperdisciplined players wound up tighter than a watch spring. Huggins brought defense, rebounding, and physical toughness to a team with offensive chops and an effective change of pace defense.
You would be incorrect with your assumption of Beilien players for reason of Huggins best season.

You would be incorrect with your assumption of Beilien players for reason of Huggins best season.

It is not an assumption, it is facts in evidence. Fact is Butler was the soul of the 2010 team and no way does WVU win the BE without him. Fact is without Mazulla there is no way WVU gets past Kentucky in the Elite 8. When the roster has been 100% Huggins players, the team has never been close to as good as that 2010 team. It would be an assumption conclude anything other than there was something about the players themselves that Beilein recruited or the way he coached them that gelled with Huggins additions. It is debatable how much credit goes to each, but again the evidence points to there being contribution from Beilien's influence.

It is not an assumption, it is facts in evidence. Fact is Butler was the soul of the 2010 team and no way does WVU win the BE without him. Fact is without Mazulla there is no way WVU gets past Kentucky in the Elite 8. When the roster has been 100% Huggins players, the team has never been close to as good as that 2010 team. It would be an assumption conclude anything other than there was something about the players themselves that Beilein recruited or the way he coached them that gelled with Huggins additions. It is debatable how much credit goes to each, but again the evidence points to there being contribution from Beilien's influence.
Fact Huggins had them for 3 years. JB abandoned them when they were freshman Huggins coached them up.

Your hatred of Bob Huggins is noted. JB influence on the 3 players on 2010 team that were freshman on his last team is zilch zero.

Last edited:
Fact Huggins had them for 3 years. JB abandoned them when they were freshman Huggins coached them up.

Your hatred of Bob Huggins is noted. JB influence on the 3 players on 2010 team that were freshman on his last team is zilch zero.

Feel free to explain how once the there was ZERO connection to Beilein and the teams were 100% Huggins', those teams never came close to the 2010 team. Do not be like the droll and juvenile idiots on this board that equate anything short of fawning adulation as hatred. It is not hatred of Huggins to point out that JB's teams definitely did some things better than any Huggins coached WVU team since 2010 such as run an effective half court offense. Logic would dictate that since JB tended to excel in the areas the Huggins did not and that Huggins has never reached the heights he did when there was no ties to Beilein on the roster that at least there was some positive influence from JB on that team. Or I could just be juvenile myself and claim that since you refuse to even entertain the very logical idea that JB had at least some positive influence on the 2010 team that you just hate JB.

Bill Stewart's recruits.

That Orange Bowl year
Absolutely not true. In 2016, WVU went 10-3 in the Big 12, finishing in 2nd place, a much better conference, same record as in 2010. During Holgorsen's last three years, we averaged nearly 8.5 wins per yr, 3rd in the conference during those three yrs and we then proceeded to run him out of town. We hire Brown and average 5 wins a season over the next 4 yrs, 6th in the conference. You dumbasss haters continue to hate Holgy....... whatcha gonna do when he kicks our ass next yr????

Absolutely not true. In 2016, WVU went 10-3 in the Big 12, finishing in 2nd place, a much better conference, same record as in 2010. During Holgorsen's last three years, we averaged nearly 8.5 wins per yr, 3rd in the conference during those three yrs and we then proceeded to run him out of town. We hire Brown and average 5 wins a season over the next 4 yrs, 6th in the conference. You dumbasss haters continue to hate Holgy....... whatcha gonna do when he kicks our ass next yr????
You have your shorts
all tangled,
per say.

I Don't hate Holgerson.
I don't hate you.

I said what I said at the time, because I lived it...and doesn't hurt to attempt clarity or clarification.

West Virginia did not extend Holgerson.

That is that

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The "powers at be" did not want Holgerson, anymore.

2016 WVU finished 3rd dumbass. Because they couldn't beat Oklahoma or Oklahoma State. Why can't you Herd fans get your stories straight.

Reactions: mofo
2016 WVU finished 3rd dumbass. Because they couldn't beat Oklahoma or Oklahoma State. Why can't you Herd fans get your stories straight.
Think there was many (Many)
off the field Drama that wasn't acceptable to West Virginia administration anymore -
at more than $4 million per year.

Also
Holgerson required an
additional pay raise.

Gone

I'e got two degrees from WVU.......... ya dumbfk.
You're splitting hairs between Holgy finishing 2nd or 3rd????? You're such a f'n moron.
Where are we finishing now? Off the field issues????? How about the off the field issues
with Huggins. He's been a ragin drunk since he's been here.

Um
Insulting folks on a West Virginia
msg board- doesn't make you right but makes you Insulting.

I'e got two degrees from WVU.......... ya dumbfk.

You're splitting hairs between Holgy finishing 2nd or 3rd????? You're such a f'n moron.
Where are we finishing now? Off the field issues????? How about the off the field issues
with Huggins. He's been a ragin drunk since he's been here.
2 degrees and no brain. Tell us another one dumb or dumber.

Splitting hairs? You lied dumbass just like he lost the bowl game. Huggins has no off field issues.

Since when is drinking illegal? Take your bullshit trolling to another board clown.

Bill Stewart's recruits.

That Orange Bowl year
was by far Holgersons best at West Virginia with Bill Stewart's players
Here's a simple Q for the Holgy Haters:

How many times did Bill Stewart take Geno and his other recruits to the Orange Bowl or any Bowl and beat Clemson or any team by 37 points????

Here's a simple Q for the Holgy Haters:

How many times did Bill Stewart take Geno and his other recruits to the Orange Bowl or any Bowl and beat Clemson or any team by 37 points????
Bill Stewart's players
won that Orange Bowl...

Maybe just maybe
you are a "Bill Stewart Hater".

Holgorsen was released from
any West Virginia obligations.

Maybe you go back to School.

Bill Stewart's players
won that Orange Bowl...

Maybe just maybe
you are a "Bill Stewart Hater".

Holgorsen was released from
any West Virginia obligations.

Maybe you go back to School.
Maybe your reading comprehension skills are a bit rusty. I didn't ask if Bill Stewart's players won the Orange Bowl. I asked how many times Coach Stewart took his players to that Bowl and beat Clemson by 37 points? I don't hate anyone.

Maybe your reading comprehension skills are a bit rusty. I didn't ask if Bill Stewart's players won the Orange Bowl. I asked how many times Coach Stewart took his players to that Bowl and beat Clemson by 37 points? I don't hate anyone.
Bill Stewart won the Fiesta Bowl.

That Fiesta Bowl Domination of Oklahoma
had direct impact to West Virginia invited to b12 after,
few years later.

PRod off to Michigan
with his hair plugs on fire.

Bill Stewart won the Fiesta Bowl.

That Fiesta Bowl Domination of Oklahoma
had direct impact to West Virginia invited to b12 after, years after.
That win was entirely with RRods players. My question: When did he
win a major Bowl by 37 points with his own players?

That win was entirely with RRods players. My question: When did he
win a major Bowl by 37 points with his own players?
What you're missing -
Bill Stewart was PricRod's Number 1 recruiter.

Bill Stewart recruited Geno Smith

Wasn’t Bill Stewart on Rod’s staff and recruit some of those Orange Bowl players?
Answer Yes.

Additionally Bill Stewart
worked for Don Nehlen.

Bill Stewart, Doc Holliday, Damon Cogdell recruited Geno Smith to Morgantown.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT