ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Unveils Black Uniforms

GMsKoODW8AA-WVy

GMsKoOCXkAAFQB9

GMsKoOLW4AAMaph

GMsKoOFWwAEj9vR

Reactions: locustwv
Do you false fans as yourself really give a shit?
Oh the old reposit of fake fandom. Very original. Garrett Greene is our QB, but he is not Geno, Grier, White, or even Bulger and to mocking ask if "PSU has found a QB yet" as if whomever they get will be definitively inferior to our guy is dismissive.

Oh the old reposit of fake fandom. Very original. Garrett Greene is our QB, but he is not Geno, Grier, White, or even Bulger and to mocking ask if "PSU has found a QB yet" as if whomever they get will be definitively inferior to our guy is dismissive.
Who claimed him inferior? You and your comulsive addiction of negativity and always wanting some outlandish arguement so you can write a book of meaningless attacks is getting old.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Who claimed him inferior? You and your comulsive addiction of negativity and always wanting some outlandish arguement so you can write a book of meaningless attacks is getting old.
Just as your smug, condescending back handed comments and then back tracks when the smugness is pointed out gets old.

Depends on what you mean. I know Greene is our guy. I also know Greene has limitations as a passer similar to Skylar Howard and thus is not a shoe in to be better than whomever PSU can scrounge up.
What limitations coach? Specifically? In your decades as advisor to coaches at the elite level, what limitation is the worst?

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Well back to topic.

Myself, I don’t like the black uniforms (for any team, sport, etc). I get the desire to honor the coal industry, but do it up the right way.
Bring in several mine cars, roof bolter, etc and put them in and around the stadium. Bus in some current and retired miners and honor them at halftime. Do it up right and don’t just wear them just to sell jerseys and tshirts.

I come from a mining family with a grandfather that died from black lung, an uncle that was blown up in the Farmington accident a day before my 5th birthday in 1968 and a close cousin that was permanently disabled from his work in a mine. I don't feel the need to honor the mining industry. It is hard work for those that work in the mines and very tough on families in the past and the present. Personally, I find it a little condescending as most fans have nothing to do with the industry.

If the players like the black and it helps with the recruiting, so be it.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If you ask me, the flying wv on the front of the helmet should be surrounded by gold, and perhaps the stripe going front to back fade out to black to represent the light on their hard hats. Also, bring back just the Flying WV helmets. The state is ok as a one off, but they use it too much. The Flying WV is an iconic college sports symbol.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Although I dont ever really care for alternate uniforms that are not school colors, I have had plenty of family members give it all to the mines. A couple of them didnt make it out, and there have been plenty of suffering for miners and their families all over WV. When they do this in football, I like to think it is to honor and remember those mine workers who gave their all. It's not about the coal, its about the WV people who mined it. I'm suprised when others dont see that.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT