ADVERTISEMENT

Fundraiser for Fire Neal airplane banner

Then they aren't true fans. Those are what are known as "fair weather" (i.e. mediocre) "fans."
We don't care. Most fans actually want to be good. If that is a fair weather fan then I'd rather be that becsuse it's better for everyone, especiallythe team itself. What has Brown done to keep his job? He has the worst record in 50 years. That's 5 decades. How do you justify that?

“I would say getting fired isn’t so bad, I mean did he have a good time while he was here? Was he compensated well?”
We made him a multi millionaire. He has kids so I'm happy for him about that. So take the cash and go live a good life is what I say. I believe his coaching style would work great on the high school level especially.

Reactions: locustwv
Not a Brown fan but I don’t support this. Let’s have some class. This doesn’t help our image, recruiting and attracting a new staff. He also has a family and doesn’t deserve to be drug through the mud bc our AD gave him another extension. I think being a little more conscious on donating and not showing up to the game would make more of an impact.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and WVUBRU
Not a Brown fan but I don’t support this. Let’s have some class. This doesn’t help our image, recruiting and attracting a new staff. He also has a family and doesn’t deserve to be drug through the mud bc our AD gave him another extension. I think being a little more conscious on donating and not showing up to the game would make more of an impact.
I'm not a big fan of the banner myself but I saw this coming 3 years ago, and the administration could have prevented it by doing the right thing. But they doubled down on stupid, and now they have lost the fan base. When you lose the fanbase you have to expect this kind of stuff is going to happen. And even worse like the idiot who was telling people to confront Brown at the grocery store and stuff like that. That deserves a beat down in my opinion. But this is what happens when you lose a fan base by letting something go on too long

I believe there's only two solutions to this. The best solution is for brown to step down and for them to replace him with a better coach. Otherwise, cut the ticket prices in half, lower the prices of the recessions and accept being a mediocre team until we can downgrade conferences and get in a lesser conference where it's not as competitive.

I'm not contributing to the banner, btw, but I'm only 60% against it because they brought this upon themselves.

Exhibiting class and grace and actually setting a good example for the young people of our country is dead among those that are really destroying the American way. But they will continue blaming those that challenge their way as they are just too immature to handle their beliefs are not universally accepted.

Exhibiting class and grace and actually setting a good example for the young people of our country is dead among those that are really destroying the American way. But they will continue blaming those that challenge their way as they are just too immature to handle their beliefs are not universally accepted.
How long has it been dead, was exhibiting class and Grace dead when they ran Bowden out of town in the seventies? This is what happens when you lose a fan base and it always has been. They had 6 years to figure out that Neil Brown was not up to par. The problem is the bog is a bunch of woke idiots and they just want a nice guy who brown-noses and that's what Brown is. They don't care about having someone good they just want somebody who will bow down to them and be a good boy. NealforKamala24! That's really what they want.

Bad behavior is as old as Cain and Abel. I was 12 when Bowden was hung in effigy and run out of town but I had parents teach me that is wrong behavior and explained why. We have a large section of society that won't teach their youth bad behavior and couple that with outlets like social media where evil behavior is accepted easily by others with similar wrong morals, we have a society as it is today. I find it sad and I will speak out on it in person and sometimes in venues like this even though it does not good. When an apple is rotten, no recovery.

Bad behavior is as old as Cain and Abel. I was 12 when Bowden was hung in effigy and run out of town but I had parents teach me that is wrong behavior and explained why. We have a large section of society that won't teach their youth bad behavior and couple that with outlets like social media where evil behavior is accepted easily by others with similar wrong morals, we have a society as it is today. I find it sad and I will speak out on it in person and sometimes in venues like this even though it does not good. When an apple is rotten, no recovery.
Not everybody can be perfect like you lol. So how is exercising their right to free speech a crime? You're talking about them hanging a bunch of Rags made to look like Bowden...they didn't hang him lol. Flying a banner over the stadium is totally legal. The things you are puckering your butthole over are not even crimes. You can talk about morals and parenting all you want, the college-age people rebel. You have no idea what their parents taught them. You're just being judgmental because obviously that's what you do. You're on your high horse and anyone who doesn't agree with you is below you. Have fun with that nonsense

If I'm being honest, it's your kind of judgment and attitude that will cause more people to contribute to a banner like that.

973cq3.jpg

So how many of you threw your money away?

You think it's bad here on this board then you should check out the blue lot.

For good reason. Most fans haven't had it this bad because they aren't old enough to remember the 70s. If we didn't play the small schools, he wouldn't even have a winning record at all.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
it's been illegal to fly over a stadium for over 20 years...9-11
Those that support this type of thing are so lacking in morals and a value system much less having the intelligence of knowing much of anything that is factual, they are nothing but a disgrace.

Those that support this type of thing are so lacking in morals and a value system much less having the intelligence of knowing much of anything that is factual, they are nothing but a disgrace.
I'd be willing to bet that the charter didn't tell them that they couldn't come within three miles of the stadium and can't fly one hr prior or one hr after the game...I guess if you have binoculars, you'd be able to see it at a tailgate..I can't stand these narcissistic self-centered assholes..all that money for nothing...could have sent that for food and water for those still living in tents in western NC

I almost hope he does leave..we get into a contract will a slug coach with a 20 mill buyout and go 3-9, 3-9, 3-9 like ECU did

Last edited:
I recall it and also found it despicable.
Just like everything in life, the customer has the right to complain. Agree or not, a lot of people spend a lot of time and money on following their favorite teams. Without them, there is no team. It’s the same with political protests. Sometimes change only occurs when these measures are taken. Shameful or not.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Just like everything in life, the customer has the right to complain. Agree or not, a lot of people spend a lot of time and money on following their favorite teams. Without them, there is no team. It’s the same with political protests. Sometimes change only occurs when these measures are taken. Shameful or not.
Second post in the row to me where you are off base. I don't try to change the world or disagree about the right to complain. I'm all for it as I am complaining about idiots that act with no morals or values. It is the manner of the complaint that is being called out.

Understand the difference

Second post in the row to me where you are off base. I don't try to change the world or disagree about the right to complain. I'm all for it as I am complaining about idiots that act with no morals or values. It is the manner of the complaint that is being called out.

Understand the difference
I guess the question is, how else can the fans let the WVU AD know they’re fed up with the results? Obviously, based on an extension last year, the AD isn’t exactly aware. It’s a shame it’s come to this. I agree. However, after 6 years, WVU football should be a lot better than this.

I guess the question is, how else can the fans let the WVU AD know they’re fed up with the results? Obviously, based on an extension last year, the AD isn’t exactly aware. It’s a shame it’s come to this. I agree. However, after 6 years, WVU football should be a lot better than this.
How else to let the AD know other than flying a banner over the field (which is totally inappropriate in my eyes) or in general? I assume you are saying in general. Good discussion and I will give how I do it as an example but there are others.

Call or write the AD an email or letter expressing without being a fool with your language that you are fed up, similarly how you have personally done it with class (unlike most on this board). It will get read and considered. I guarantee the AD isn't reading this board so posting 10 different posts every day about "Brown sucks" as some do is a waste. Minds rarely change based on social media arguments especially when they are not objective. I do agree using social media such as this board and others making legitimate complaints about specific things like the idiotic "did they have a good time" comment or a bad coaching decision leading to a loss also feeds the fever of the hot seat and will get noticed. Just being an ahole saying "good win, fire him" will not. And what really gets the AD decision, quit showing up for games. I know true fans will go to the game even with legitimate complaints (as I did for many years when I lived in WV for Catlett basketball and Cignetti football) but nothing gets attention at a major college like empty seats when the game should have butts in the stands.

well since no one will see it who gives a shit...I can't believe we had so many dumbass fans that didn't know flying regs changed after 9-11..then again it is WV....da plane idiots just paid money to make themselves the laughingstock of college football..nice!

Honestly flying it around the area on game day a lot of people would see it. It doesn't have to be within 3 Mi of the stadium to be seen when you have tons of traffic coming into town in all directions. Who knows if the whole thing is legit anyways. My guess is whoever paid just going to get ripped off.

Not to mention, if they do fly it around everyone is going to see it because it's probably going to end up on espn. It will go viral online so everybody will see it

why would it be on ESPN since WV isn't alone in this type of behavior?...another players mom has come out and said she doesn't feel safe...let me guess..they aren't telling the truth for some reason....let's harass a coach at 3-3 with half the season to go..makes sense in a bizarro twisted fashion...good luck on hiring a new coach...who would want to drop down in this sewer....this fanbase is lower than whale shit....

Reactions: WVUBRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT