ADVERTISEMENT

For everyone who keeps posting on how hard the WVU...

schedule is. Currently: RPI: 34 SOS: 45. That means 44 other teams have played a tougher slate. Better start winning again.
I seriously doubt that all 44 teams would finish higher than WVU in the Big 12. Playing the Big 12 schedule is tough enough even if the other games are against the Sisters of the Poor
Which is why EVERY team in the Big 12 has lost 3 or fewer OOC games. Any other conference able to make that claim?

The SOS is based on a very weak non-conference schedule.

This year the cupcakes we played are some of the worst of the worst with RPI's in the 300....

Marist 320
American 330
Morgan State 333
Coppin State 336

And that's out of 351 schools.

Our conference SOS is 20....but I must be lying since the Big XII isn't any good.

I seriously doubt that all 44 teams would finish higher than WVU in the Big 12. Playing the Big 12 schedule is tough enough even if the other games are against the Sisters of the Poor
Which is why EVERY team in the Big 12 has lost 3 or fewer OOC games. Any other conference able to make that claim?

Should be interesting seeing how many Big12 the Committee puts in NCAAs. That always tells you the top Conference. It hasn’t been the Big12 for a long time but maybe this year Big12 is the best. We’ll see what they think. Of course what we think doesn’t matter. Unless you’re part of the homer crew on this site. Then we can all laugh as they make Fake News up about how non homers should digest the numbers. That be the old reliable % argument. I still think a conference of 4 that gets 3 teams in tourney would be a sick conference haha.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Should be interesting seeing how many Big12 the Committee puts in NCAAs. That always tells you the top Conference. It hasn’t been the Big12 for a long time but maybe this year Big12 is the best. We’ll see what they think. Of course what we think doesn’t matter. Unless you’re part of the homer crew on this site. Then we can all laugh as they make Fake News up about how non homers should digest the numbers. That be the old reliable % argument. I still think a conference of 4 that gets 3 teams in tourney would be a sick conference haha.

So if the ACC gets 8 out their 14 teams in that makes it a better conference than the Big XII that gets 7 of their ten into the tournament

The ACC doesn’t play the round robin either anymore so the ACC gets to feast on the bottom of the conference

ACC therefore has 6 of their 14 teams not getting in unlike the Big XII who only has 3.

The top conference will not have the most teams in the tournament it will have the least amount of teams staying home.

Playing the Big 12 schedule is tough enough even if the other games are against the Sisters of the Poor

How did I know that the "Pollyanna Spin Master" would use twisted logic to explain the SOS numbers? Now, as I said before, if we could just get all the teams in the BIg 12-2=10 to end up 9-9 in conference action everyone could be declared champion and ready for the show. lol

Outside of wvu's win over Virginia what other out of conference win stands out? Most of the oc wins came against chumps.

So if the ACC gets 8 out their 14 teams in that makes it a better conference than the Big XII that gets 7 of their ten into the tournament

The ACC doesn’t play the round robin either anymore so the ACC gets to feast on the bottom of the conference

ACC therefore has 6 of their 14 teams not getting in unlike the Big XII who only has 3.

The top conference will not have the most teams in the tournament it will have the least amount of teams staying home.

With your example the ACC has more teams so yep you got it. I understand your % argument but don’t buy it just because you and the other Big12 homers spin % because the Big12 lays an egg most years. Oklahoma in football and Kansas in basketball are the only teams that consistently do anything. And, you're assuming the Big12 teams are really good like GT or BC couldn’t beat these Big12 teams haha. Round Robin in the MAC doesn’t that Conference good. Give it a rest Texas boy.

Considering the ninth place team in the Big XII took Duke to OT and WVU beat the best team in the ACC I doubt Boston College or Georgia Tech would compete in this conference

For sure Pitt couldn’t. They would be winless in the Big XII like they are in the ACC.
Pittsburgh BBall would be winless in the Colonial Conference as well IMO.

Considering the ninth place team in the Big XII took Duke to OT and WVU beat the best team in the ACC I doubt Boston College or Georgia Tech would compete in this conference

For sure Pitt couldn’t. They would be winless in the Big XII like they are in the ACC.
Pittsburgh BBall would be winless in the Colonial Conference as well IMO.

Conference Pride is a tough mental disorder to shake but never stop trying. Good luck sir!

Conference Pride is a tough mental disorder to shake but never stop trying. Good luck sir!
The master vader AKA major apple white, Secaggyfan Burntreynolds, Boxcar willie, Justcallmedad, Big12fan etc etc etc. That's enough I will be here all day trying to name all this losers screen names.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

Percentages is the only fair way to judge the conferences. The conference that gets the highest percent of its members in March Madness should be considered #1 in the committee's eyes. If the ACC gets 7 of 14, that's 50%. If the Big 12 gets 5 of 10, that's 50%. They should be considered even.

Last year, the ACC had 9 teams chosen, the Big East and Big 12 each had 7 teams in. That was 70% of the Big 12, 64.3% of the ACC so, even though the ACC had more teams, the Big 12 was #1 in the eyes of the committee. Tougher top to bottom. Big East had 7 of 10, so that tied Big 12 with 70%. ACC, with most teams, was 3rd in percentage, the only fair comparison..

Percentages is the only fair way to judge the conferences. The conference that gets the highest percent of its members in March Madness should be considered #1
You're a homer, so at the end of the day, you're going to use whatever mechanism you can find to justify your homerism. The logical way to judge the conferences is by seeing how they perform within the Big Dance.

Conference pride never made sense to me but if you're going to have it at least make sure your conference is getting it done on the court or football field. The SEC fans will drive you crazy with that but at least they have success to back them up.

Conference pride never made sense to me but if you're going to have it at least make sure your conference is getting it done on the court or football field. The SEC fans will drive you crazy with that but at least they have success to back them up.

I have family in Orlando and have to listen to the Gator Nation crap and SEC rules crap all the time.

This year the cupcakes we played are some of the worst of the worst with RPI's in the 300....

Marist 320
American 330
Morgan State 333
Coppin State 336

Our conference SOS is 20....but I must be lying since the Big XII isn't any good.

The Big12 is good. Very good. It’s just not the meat grinder the homer crew chirps about. To me the Big12 as head and shoulders above all others makes it overrated in my opinion. We’ll see in March if Big12 is the best.

You're a homer, so at the end of the day, you're going to use whatever mechanism you can find to justify your homerism. The logical way to judge the conferences is by seeing how they perform within the Big Dance.
I AM a homer, but a professional journalist and analytical. By your standards, regular season counts for nothing. Even in March Madness, it's unfair to expect the Big 12 to have as many teams in the Sweet 16 as the ACC because that would require Big 12 teams lower in their conference standings than the ACC teams are to be there. Percentages is the best way to judge, even at the Sweet 16 level. If 3 Big 12 teams make the Sweet 16, that's 30%. If 3 ACC teams make the Sweet 16, that's 21.4% so Big 12 makes a better showing. Surely you aren't saying that the conference with the most Sweet 16 teams is better in that case. Hell, have a conference with 30 teams and if it has 4 in the Sweet 16 to 3 by a 6-team conference, you logic says the conference 26 teams not in the Sweet 16 is better.

I AM a homer, but a professional journalist and analytical. By your standards, regular season counts for nothing. Even in March Madness, it's unfair to expect the Big 12 to have as many teams in the Sweet 16 as the ACC because that would require Big 12 teams lower in their conference standings than the ACC teams are to be there. Percentages is the best way to judge, even at the Sweet 16 level. If 3 Big 12 teams make the Sweet 16, that's 30%. If 3 ACC teams make the Sweet 16, that's 21.4% so Big 12 makes a better showing. Surely you aren't saying that the conference with the most Sweet 16 teams is better in that case. Hell, have a conference with 30 teams and if it has 4 in the Sweet 16 to 3 by a 6-team conference, you logic says the conference 26 teams not in the Sweet 16 is better.

Eers where can I read some of your work? What sports did you cover and what beat. I don’t feel like arguing opinions on the % rationale again but you’ve priced in a lower expectation for the Big12 at beginning of your post. And instead 30 teams go the other way. If Kansas and WVU were in a 2 team conference that would be a serious meat grinder Conference. Then if they expanded to 4 teams and 3 got in tourney and two go Sweet16 the % argument clearly shows that Conference is by far the greatest Conference of all time.

Reactions: Cuyahoga Falls Eers
Easy........most teams selected to tourney by Conference shows who Committee thinks is top Conference. If they think Big12 is best Conference then 8 or 9 teams will get invited. You guys made the same argument last year and I think 5 or 6 teams made tourney an dof course those teams shit the bed.

How many teams got in last year? 6 is an excelent number. 7 or higher is very impressive no matter what standard you use.
By my count six.
Kansas -- 1
Baylor -- 3
WVU -- 4
Iowa State -- 5
Oklahoma State 10
Kansas State -- 11

The conference went 9-6 in the tournament with Kansas going the deepest to the Elite 8.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
By my count six.
Kansas -- 1
Baylor -- 3
WVU -- 4
Iowa State -- 5
Oklahoma State 10
Kansas State -- 11

The conference went 9-6 in the tournament with Kansas going the deepest to the Elite 8.

Thanks! I’m getting old and can’t remember yeasterday. To lazy to look it up. To me 6 teams in is excelent for any conference. I think 4 in the Sweet16 is a must to have any claim of anything. Anything less than 4 Sweet16 teams from any one conference isn’t worth the argument. To me last year there wasn’t a dominate conference.

I think 4 in the Sweet16 is a must to have any claim of anything. Anything less than 4 Sweet16 teams from any one conference
In an attempt to keep it simple, anything more than 1 from the Big 12, in the sweet 16, and ......... I could not give a rats*##.

Big 12 only conference to play round robin schedule. How would the other conferences do with round robin?

Like we need to argue with a maroon who wants to say the Big 12 ain't a tough schedule night in and night out.

Marist 320
American 330
Morgan State 333
Coppin State 336

I have no problem with us playing those teams this year. I only wish we’d done so before playing Tex A&M.

Eers where can I read some of your work? What sports did you cover and what beat. I don’t feel like arguing opinions on the % rationale again but you’ve priced in a lower expectation for the Big12 at beginning of your post. And instead 30 teams go the other way. If Kansas and WVU were in a 2 team conference that would be a serious meat grinder Conference. Then if they expanded to 4 teams and 3 got in tourney and two go Sweet16 the % argument clearly shows that Conference is by far the greatest Conference of all time.
Retired. Covered Cincinnati Reds, WVU basketball and football, Jerry West at East Bank High School, University of Florida football. Percentage is the only fair way to do it. Short of having every team in America play all the other teams in America. But differences of opinion is what keeps all of from getting bored.

Retired. Covered Cincinnati Reds, WVU basketball and football, Jerry West at East Bank High School, University of Florida football. Percentage is the only fair way to do it. Short of having every team in America play all the other teams in America. But differences of opinion is what keeps all of from getting bored.

Great resume!!! Very much respected from this poster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT