ADVERTISEMENT

Florence do WVU a favor?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
You think Iowa State was a bloodbath?

North Carolina State -- the WVU game canceled by Hurricane Florence -- is ranked #16 nationally, will play #3 Clemson on Saturday in a battle of the ONLY undefeated teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Wolfpack quarterback Ryan Finley leads the ACC with more than 324 yards passing per game. The team is NUMBER ONE nationally in 3rd down conversion percentage. WVU, to be fair, still is #4 even after the agony in Ames.

North Carolina State is among the least penalized teams in America, a sign of discipline.

The Wolfpack passing is #8 nationally. WVU still is #4, despite Iowa State.

NC State is #5 in red zone defense, an important category. And #15 in rushing defense. But only #58 in tackles for loss. Iowa State probably had more of those against WVU than the Wolfpack had for the half-season. Or so it seemed.

To Gibby’s credit, WVU ranks higher in total defense than North Carolina State, but neither are covered in much glory, #26 to #32.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

If things go very bad WV could finish the season 5-6.

I do not know what their APR score is but without the sixth win they could be bowl ineligible.

Not getting those extra 15 practices can kill a program

Point is if that would happen I am sure no one at WV would say Thank God Florence happened.

More than that West Virginia cannot look past any of their last 5 opponents.
All of them have either the same amount of talent or more talent.

It starts with Baylor a team who thinks they can beat WV because of how that game ended last year.
If Brewer would have played the entire game in Waco WV wouldn't have walked out of their with a 2 point win.

If things go very bad WV could finish the season 5-6.

I do not know what their APR score is but without the sixth win they could be bowl ineligible.

Not getting those extra 15 practices can kill a program

I know you’re just throwing shit against the wall at this point. Away troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT