ADVERTISEMENT

Five gun reform acts that Trump will sign into law...

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
the Hearing Protection Act looks to be my favorite.

Which do you prefer ?

Here are five fast gun law reforms President Trump and his Republican House and Senate can make.

Ending Gun-Free Zones On Military Bases
President Trump will have the authority to executive authority to pass an executive order allowing the United States military to carry firearms on duty. Our domestic military bases and facilities have been the site of numerous terror attacks and mass shootings. Trump can reverse that with the stroke of a pen. He would also apparently have the authority to end firearm bans on other federal property, but there are so many laws and regulations that I don’t want to make that claim prematurely.

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity
There is significant momentum towards establishing national concealed carry reciprocity in all 50 states. President Trump, working with a Republican-controlled House and Senate, should be able to get this passed into law within the first 90 days. There are four different bills to choose from in the House and Senate.

Legalizing Silencers
Making a hearing safety device criminal was one of the dumbest things ever done under the Administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt… and that’s saying a lot. The Hearing Protection Act is already written and has co-sponsors. It should be passed within the first 60 days of President Trump’s administration, which is a blessing to high-volume shooters such as myself who would like to better protect our hearing.

NICS Background Check Reform
Gun control supporters want a “universal” background checks on all gun purchases in order to create a de facto gun registry… and that’s just not going to happen. What is going to happen is that President Trump, the House, and Senate are going to work on legislation to close the gaping holes in the existing background check system so that it is more effective, ensuring better and more accurate updating of prohibited persons. This will likely run in conjunction with mental health reform to both help people in crisis obtain the help they need, and ensure that fears of losing their Second Amendment rights won’t keep people from seeking help for a temporary but important mental health crisis.

Allow Importation of Collectable Historical Firearms
President Obama has stymied the importation of historically significant firearms provided to allies after the Second World War and the Korean War through executive orders. The Collectible Firearms Protection Act will allow the reimportation of hundreds of thousand of M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1911 pistols.

These are five laws that a Republican Congress and President Trump can pass within the first 90-180 days, but they are not the only laws being considered.

All 5 are examples of what the left likes to call "Common Sense" gun reform laws.

1) Gun free zones on military bases have a reason and a purpose. Some people crack under the pressure of training etc. A gun free zone is a place to take someone and keep someone potentially suffering from a nervous breakdown.

2)National Concealed Carry Reciprocity - I'm all for it under the condition that EVERY single state requires training to obtain the permit. Putting a concealed carry permit in the hands of idiots without training and understanding the laws is asking for trouble, for both the licensee and law enforcement.

3)Legalizing silencers - that is asking for trouble as well. That is making it easier for a sniper to pick off people in a large crowd without their location being detected. DUMB! IDIOTIC! I'm certain law enforcement doesn't/won't support this.

4)NICS Background - no enough info for me to comment.

5) I don't have a problem with the importation of these specific firearms: M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1911 pistols.

Seems to me we have more pressing issues to be worked on the first 90 days.

Reactions: AirForceer
3)Legalizing silencers - that is asking for trouble as well. That is making it easier for a sniper to pick off people in a large crowd without their location being detected. DUMB! IDIOTIC! I'm certain law enforcement doesn't/won't support this.

Countries with stricter gun laws allow, encourage, the use of silencers as a means to better serve the public. And as someone that suffers from Tinnitus and have become very careful with hearing, I'd love to be able to purchase silencers and not have to dump $200 every time I do so.

1) Gun free zones on military bases have a reason and a purpose. Some people crack under the pressure of training etc. A gun free zone is a place to take someone and keep someone potentially suffering from a nervous breakdown.

2)National Concealed Carry Reciprocity - I'm all for it under the condition that EVERY single state requires training to obtain the permit. Putting a concealed carry permit in the hands of idiots without training and understanding the laws is asking for trouble, for both the licensee and law enforcement.

5) I don't have a problem with the importation of these specific firearms: M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1911 pistols.

LOL at your number 1 and 3 responses.

Countries with stricter gun laws allow, encourage, the use of silencers as a means to better serve the public. And as someone that suffers from Tinnitus and have become very careful with hearing, I'd love to be able to purchase silencers and not have to dump $200 every time I do so.
y98u30i.png

No doubt you do.
It just illustrates your complete lack of understanding of firearms and that you are heavily influenced by movies.

1. The stresses of training would and most likely happen while in live fire scenarios. There really isn't a lot of "training" going on other times. You do admin type bullshit busy work, or if you are "training", the last thing you want is more weight to haul around. Recruits in bootcamp which is arguably the most stressful time during garrison living still wouldn't be allowed ammo, outside of the designated live fire scenarios. I'm not even saying I agree with allowing it, you're logic is hilariously uninformed though. Way higher probability of increased suicides would be my biggest concern with it for guys living in the barracks. I stopped two, personally during my time.

3. You can still easily get silencers ding bat, you just have to register, pay the "tax", and pay the increased cost.

All 5 are examples of what the left likes to call "Common Sense" gun reform laws.

#2 would be a disaster until all states have the same minimum standards. Some states require almost no training. I have a permit and my state didn't even require me to prove I could safely shoot the gun. I took a 1 hr on-line course, was emailed a "certificate" and provided that to court with payment. That gave me the right to conceal a firearm. That is BS. Somebody should at least show they load and unload a gun, demonstrate basic range safety, and prove that they can shoot a firearm before getting a permit. Don't you agree?

Reactions: roadtrasheer

Which do you prefer ?

Here are five fast gun law reforms President Trump and his Republican House and Senate can make.

President Trump will have the authority to executive authority to pass an executive order allowing the United States military to carry firearms on duty. Our domestic military bases and facilities have been the site of numerous terror attacks and mass shootings. Trump can reverse that with the stroke of a pen. He would also apparently have the authority to end firearm bans on other federal property, but there are so many laws and regulations that I don’t want to make that claim prematurely.
Several days late and several dollars short. And this will do nothing to make soldiers and their families safer, only add to confusion.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/521056_dodd_2016.pdf

It just illustrates your complete lack of understanding of firearms and that you are heavily influenced by movies.

[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

I have been handling and using firearms since shortly after the time I could walk.

If you only knew.

Says the guy that can hit a small target with open sights at 500 yards.

You are so full of shit.

I have been handling and using firearms since shortly after the time I could walk.

If you only knew.

Says the guy that can hit a small target with open sights at 500 yards.

You are so full of shit.
A minimal google search will reveal every Marine is trained to shoot from 500 yards with open sights. And, move the goal line to try and make your point. I never claimed to hit a small target. I did in fact claim that I was able to put on average 8 of 10 rounds on target (the size of a person's upper torso and head) every time I went to the range. I can post a pic of my 5th award expert shooting badge from my shadow box if you'd like.

Here you go.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Are+Marines+trained+to+shoot+at+500+yards

A minimal google search will reveal every Marine is trained to shoot from 500 yards with open sights. And, move the goal line to try and make your point. I never claimed to hit a small target. I did in fact claim that I was able to put on average 8 of 10 rounds on target (the size of a person's upper torso and head) every time I went to the range. I can post a pic of my 5th award expert shooting badge from my shadow box if you'd like.

Here you go.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Are+Marines+trained+to+shoot+at+500+yards

I can barely hit the head on the target consistently with my 9mm from 15 yards. I am even less consistent with the 357 once I get tired. The exact reason the Federal Government shouldn't be touting reciprocity for conceal carry permits!!![roll]

Reactions: Popeer
#2 would be a disaster until all states have the same minimum standards. Some states require almost no training. I have a permit and my state didn't even require me to prove I could safely shoot the gun. I took a 1 hr on-line course, was emailed a "certificate" and provided that to court with payment. That gave me the right to conceal a firearm. That is BS. Somebody should at least show they load and unload a gun, demonstrate basic range safety, and prove that they can shoot a firearm before getting a permit. Don't you agree?
I don't know how disastrous #2 would be (disaster in an inherent possibility with firearms), but I generally agree that any reciprocity should be worked out by States.

States have varying requirements with vehicle inspection and maintenance, yet we're allowed drive from state to state. Marriage requirements in states vary, yet now states are required to recognize those marriages. The vast majority of states have reciprocity in place, where a national law would help is where people that travel through states that are ultra restrictive. Like me driving from the Eastern Panhandle to Morgantown and having to go through Maryland.

States have varying requirements with vehicle inspection and maintenance, yet we're allowed drive from state to state. Marriage requirements in states vary, yet now states are required to recognize those marriages. The vast majority of states have reciprocity in place, where a national law would help is where people that travel through states that are ultra restrictive. Like me driving from the Eastern Panhandle to Morgantown and having to go through Maryland.

I drive all over the mid-Atlantic including DC and Maryland. I never take a gun into DC due to their draconian laws. I drive through Maryland with a disassembled gun.

Having said that, there should be some sort of standardized requirement's to obtain a conceal carry permit. I 1hr on-line video and $55 shouldn't be the minimum standard. (that is what I did).

I drive all over the mid-Atlantic including DC and Maryland. I never take a gun into DC due to their draconian laws. I drive through Maryland with a disassembled gun.

Having said that, there should be some sort of standardized requirement's to obtain a conceal carry permit. I 1hr on-line video and $55 shouldn't be the minimum standard. (that is what I did).
I agree, this should come with some minimal demonstration of proficiency as well as an oral exam for practical application based on scenarios. Like I've said all along, I'm for a common sense approach, and while I wish everyone could and would carry, I don't think but a percentage are mature enough to do so.

You do know the current standard for concealed carry in WV is, don't you? I don't personally have a problem with it, but only about 8 States have the same standard, I think. I reckon plenty of states would object.

With the exception of some bull dykes, I'm not afraid of a gay married couple killing me with their bare hands or even a pointy stick, but no one expects the Spanish Inquisition either. I know rattle traps with busted windshields and Ohio plates that are owned by Huntington residents piss me off to no end. In WV we can currently conceal carry without a permit as long as we can legally possess a firearm, so I'm not worried about what restrictions visitors bring with them.

I agree, this should come with some minimal demonstration of proficiency as well as an oral exam for practical application based on scenarios
Agree, as long as 'minimal' is adequate enough. I would hope being a 21 year old non-felon doesn't qualify as minimum demonstration. That's where it stands now. I don't think the general public is at nearly the risk as young rivals and their bravado. On a side note: Anytime someone talks about getting a hand gun for home protection, my advice is "DON'T, unless you are absolutely certain you will use it. Otherwise it will likely just get you killed."

Agree, as long as 'minimal' is adequate enough. I would hope being a 21 year old non-felon doesn't qualify as minimum demonstration. That's where it stands now. I don't think the general public is at nearly the risk as young rivals and their bravado. On a side note: Anytime someone talks about getting a hand gun for home protection, my advice is "DON'T, unless you are absolutely certain you will use it. Otherwise it will likely just get you killed."

Dang, we agree on something.

BTW, shotguns are the BEST home protection.

Other than the rationale for #1 I pretty much agree with this.

Dang, we agree on something.

BTW, shotguns are the BEST home protection.

I disagree. It depends on the home and the situation. Last thing I want poking around a corner I'm coming around is a long barrel shotgun, nor do I want to fire one in an open spaced room.

Handgun, hands down.

I agree about being certain that you can and WILL use the firearm. I run various scenarios through my mind all the time "what would I do?" I have two mid-large sized dogs and an alarm. My alarm went off one night around 2am and I was amazed that from a deep sleep I did everything I had planned to do including going room to room making sure my (guests) brother in law and nephew hadn't wandered downstairs. Fortunately, we hadn't properly closed a door and the wind just blew it open.

As I tell the wife, I am not going downstairs hunting an intruder, but if they start up the stairs, they are going to take a 357 hollow-point in the chest.

I live in the city just a few blocks from a tough neighborhood. I carry my 380 when I walk the dogs. My biggest fear is that a car will stop with multiple perps and they jump me. Not sure I can stop multiple perps with a 380 with 7 shots!:flushed:

I disagree. It depends on the home and the situation. Last thing I want poking around a corner I'm coming around is a long barrel shotgun, nor do I want to fire one in an open spaced room.

Handgun, hands down.

If an intruder comes in during the night and there is low visibility, do you want to fire a handgun or a shotgun? I'll take my odds of hitting them with the shotgun. If they get close enough, they won't pry a shotgun out of your hands, they stand a reasonable chance of getting a handgun out of your hands and they stand a better chance to get close enough to strike you with an object if you are holding a handgun versus a shotgun.

You shouldn't go on the "prowl" after them. Stay put in whatever room you are in with your weapon.

If an intruder comes in during the night and there is low visibility, do you want to fire a handgun or a shotgun? I'll take my odds of hitting them with the shotgun. If they get close enough, they won't pry a shotgun out of your hands, they stand a reasonable chance of getting a handgun out of your hands and they stand a better chance to get close enough to strike you with an object if you are holding a handgun versus a shotgun.

You shouldn't go on the "prowl" after them. Stay put in whatever room you are in with your weapon.

I've got 2 kids that sleep on the second floor, and I'm on the first. Me and my 130 pound GSD are definitely going on the prowl, and I'm certain I can land half a dozen rounds in 2-3 seconds if push came to shove.

There are not many home invasions where I live. The biggest issue is breaking and entering of detached garages and sheds. However, at least once a quarter, a house in my neighborhood is burglarized. Usually during work hours. Nothing in the house can't be replaced. As long as the wife or I don't walk in on the crime, they can take what they can carry.

Handgun, hands down.
I'm more concerned about missing and the hot rounds going the wall. I also like to give the warning of a shotgun racking a round in the chamber. I figure unless it's someone coming to claim the bounty on me, the sound of cycling the chamber is gonna dissuade most folks from remaining.

Which do you prefer ?

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity
There is significant momentum towards establishing national concealed carry reciprocity in all 50 states. President Trump, working with a Republican-controlled House and Senate, should be able to get this passed into law within the first 90 days. There are four different bills to choose from in the House and Senate.

Legalizing Silencers
Making a hearing safety device criminal was one of the dumbest things ever done under the Administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt… and that’s saying a lot. The Hearing Protection Act is already written and has co-sponsors. It should be passed within the first 60 days of President Trump’s administration, which is a blessing to high-volume shooters such as myself who would like to better protect our hearing.

NICS Background Check Reform
Gun control supporters want a “universal” background checks on all gun purchases in order to create a de facto gun registry… and that’s just not going to happen. What is going to happen is that President Trump, the House, and Senate are going to work on legislation to close the gaping holes in the existing background check system so that it is more effective, ensuring better and more accurate updating of prohibited persons. This will likely run in conjunction with mental health reform to both help people in crisis obtain the help they need, and ensure that fears of losing their Second Amendment rights won’t keep people from seeking help for a temporary but important mental health crisis.

Allow Importation of Collectable Historical Firearms
President Obama has stymied the importation of historically significant firearms provided to allies after the Second World War and the Korean War through executive orders. The Collectible Firearms Protection Act will allow the reimportation of hundreds of thousand of M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1911 pistols.

These are five laws that a Republican Congress and President Trump can pass within the first 90-180 days, but they are not the only laws being considered.
All of the above

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT