ADVERTISEMENT

Finally.......good news for the Herdiots.

old buzzard

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2005
My neighbor works for Mylan Pharmaceuticals in Morgantown. He told me their lab is working on a new drug designed specifically for Herd fans. It's supposedly going to work wonders for those suffering from Little Brother Syndrome. Also it's supposed to relieve Herd Ons lasting more than 4 hours. So far it's only been tried on Chihuaha pups who think they are bigger and tougher than pit bulls and it quickly has made the little dogs recognize their place in the pecking order. Within a few hours the Chihuahas are more happy to remain with dogs their own size. They are looking for human volunteers in the Cabell County area who would be willing to be paid to be part of a clinical trial to see how well their new drug works on delusional football fans. Mylan plans on naming the new drug "The Little Green Pill". Look for free samples in an around Herdzakistan soon.

Last edited:
Anything for offseason chest pumping?

My neighbor tells me that the Herd On relief may help with the off season chest thumping, but if not the cure involves a surgical procedure to remove their heads from their asses.

How bout for trouble scheduling difficult opponents?

There some things that just can't be cured. The spots on a leopard. The stripes on a zebra, the hair on a monkey's back and Marshall consistently playing one of the weakest schedules in all of Div. 1 football.

First, does Mylan even develop anything? Thought they were just a knock off generic company that sat around and waited for the real smart guy's patents to expire.

Second, and I'll say this as nice as I can, humor just really isn't your thing. Your venture into this form of communication just really isn't working.

First, does Mylan even develop anything? Thought they were just a knock off generic company that sat around and waited for the real smart guy's patents to expire.

Second, and I'll say this as nice as I can, humor just really isn't your thing. Your venture into this form of communication just really isn't working.

Mylan does specialize in generic drugs but they also manufacture some of their own. They are one of the largest manufactures of prescription drugs in the world. It has been estimated that their generic drugs saved the US health care system 1.2 trillion dollars in the years from 2003 to 2012. They employ thousands of people in the Morgantown area, and they have been very generous to West Virginia University, both in academic and athletic programs. Which is probably why you have a low opinion of Mylan. Click on the link to see what they are all about, I doubt you will because it would invalidate your point. http://www.mylan.com/en/news/feature-stories/the-mylan-story

As for my venture into comedy, it was intended to piss off Herdiots, not to be funny to them. Thanks for acknowledging my success in that regard.

Last edited:
I read the crap you mooooers put on here and the humor is fantastic.

more conjecture...

http://www.mylan.com/en/products

Yeah, over 90% of their revenue is produced by their generic segment. Don't act like they are an innovation player in the space. I'm not saying they are bad, they are a very good generic company, but basically they do none of the heavy lifting. Much like wvu in the Big 12 they just ride the coattails of the Mercks of the world.

You have to realize that the old BUZZard doesn't have much to work with upstairs, if you know what I mean. If you notice, each & every stupid thread he starts is moronic in nature. Not to mention, of the threads he starts, 75% of the replies belong to himself.

I present to you this, as Exhibit A:
https://westvirginia.forums.rivals.com/threads/things-you-will-hear-at-a-marshall-home-game.106611/

Yeah, over 90% of their revenue is produced by their generic segment. Don't act like they are an innovation player in the space. I'm not saying they are bad, they are a very good generic company, but basically they do none of the heavy lifting. Much like wvu in the Big 12 they just ride the coattails of the Mercks of the world.

Just fess up banker, you are critical of Mylan only because they contribute millions of dollars every year to WVU. That is what is behind your criticism of Mylan. There is something about you that makes you hate anything that's good for WVU. What other reason would you have to despise a company that started in WV, grew into a global company and provides thousands of career type jobs with excellent benefits to people that live right here in our state?

Because the voices in his head say so. Ol' Moon Unit ain't wrapped too tight. Always blowing up, name calling, using sockpuppets, he needs to get those meds adjusted.

Not that facts matter much to you banker, for you it's more a world of if only, should have, could have and such. Mylan doesn't ride the coattails of Merck, Mylan acquired the generic arm Mecrk in 2007. Another one of your jabs has been met with a counter punch - AGAIN.

Yes, because Merck wanted to focus on innovation and get out of the low margin generic business. That's why Merck has a net profit margin that is almost 50% higher than Mylan.

I don't have anything against Mylan, their location in WV is good for the state and I wish they hadn't moved their corporate HQ out of Morgantown. I don't care what they give to wvu and I'm not the one that brought them up, buzzard did that in a failed attempt at humor. I was just pointing out that his humor was a fail because Mylan is a copycat, not an innovator, so saying they developed a drug is a fail. I guess I shouldn't expect you guys to get something concerning corporate operations. I should just stick to things you can understand like fart jokes.

Oh, and don't even act like MYL took away MRK's generic business. It was MRK wanting to get rid of it. You do realize that MRK is nearly 8 times bigger than MYL, right?

Oh, and don't even act like MYL took away MRK's generic business. It was MRK wanting to get rid of it. You do realize that MRK is nearly 8 times bigger than MYL, right?

I could care less about Merck, they don't do anything for WVU or our state. Mylan on the other hand provides millions and millions to WVU academics, WVU athletics, and the economy of the northern part of the state. THAT is what irks you about Mylan. WVU benefits from a close relationship with Mylan and it pisses you off. Typical Little Brother Syndrome reaction that we've come to expect from Herdiots.

Nothing irks me about Mylan, as I have already stated. I like Merck more because they are a better company and provide me with thousands (I wish millions) in dividends every year.

You guys always worry about what's good for wvu like you actually get a cut of it or something. I realize it's your sole source of pride in your otherwise depressing lives, but don't project that on to me. You should maybe be concerned that Mylan's first quarter numbers were down 60% from last year. Not as much cash to give to wvu.

Nothing irks me about Mylan, as I have already stated. I like Merck more because they are a better company and provide me with thousands (I wish millions) in dividends every year.

You guys always worry about what's good for wvu like you actually get a cut of it or something. I realize it's your sole source of pride in your otherwise depressing lives, but don't project that on to me. You should maybe be concerned that Mylan's first quarter numbers were down 60% from last year. Not as much cash to give to wvu.

And with all your thousands you're getting from Merck the best way to spend your time is on the WVU smack board saying what could have happened, what might have happened, if only this, and if not for that.........

Mylan buys Merck generic drug unit for $6.6 billion... May 13, 2007

http://www.post-gazette.com/busines...rug-unit-for-6-6-billion/stories/200705130184

for 'mr conjecture' this is chump change... an all-cash transaction too... $6.6 billion
not bad for "just a knock off generic company"...

Merck KGaA, the world's oldest pharmaceuticals company, dating back more than 300 years, earlier this year said it was contacting firms that might be interested in its generics arm.

Merck last year chased rival German drug maker Schering, but was outbid by Bayer AG. It then bought Swiss biotech company Serono SA for $14.3 billion in a deal aimed at expanding its range of drugs and its share of the global biotechnology market.

The sale to Mylan would let it cut its debt related to its buyout of Serono and get it out of a generics business that, despite growth, is confronting tight profit margins. A number of generics firms have moved to consolidate with others to build market share and drive down per-unit costs.

The transaction is subject to review by regulatory authorities in both countries and is expected to close in this year's second half.

Last edited:
Mylan Completes Acquisition of Renaissance's Leading Topicals-Focused Specialty and Generics Business... June 15, 2016

http://newsroom.mylan.com/2016-06-1...icals-Focused-Specialty-and-Generics-Business

We offer a growing portfolio of more than 1,400 generic and branded pharmaceuticals, including antiretroviral therapies on which approximately 50% of people being treated for HIV/AIDS in the developing world depend. We market our products in approximately 165 countries and territories. Our global R&D and manufacturing platform includes more than 50 facilities, and we are one of the world's largest producers of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Every member of our more than 35,000-strong workforce is dedicated to creating better health for a better world, one person at a time.

http://www.statejournal.com/story/1...ng-giving-back-to-morgantown-and-entire-state

Mylan Pharmaceuticals keeps growing, giving back to WV... Jun 30, 2012

A subsidiary of Canonsburg, Pa.-based Mylan Inc., Mylan Pharmaceuticals employs about 1,200 bargaining-unit employees and more than 600 management staff at its unassuming Chestnut Ridge road plant. Workers are active around the clock in five shifts, and they'll make more than 20 billion — yes, that's with a "b" — doses this year.

The company also maintains a research and development facility on Collins Ferry Road in Morgantown.

The total of 3,000 jobs is a significant part of Monongalia County's private non-farm employment of about 40,000.

But here's where the magnitude of Mylan's employment starts to hit home: It was the state's sixth-largest private employer in 2011, according to WorkForce West Virginia, having moved ahead of highly visible employers American Electric Power and Lowe's Home Centers since 2010.

Then there's the generosity of Mylan Inc. and the Mylan Charitable Foundation themselves — support totaling $1.25 million for the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences in Charleston and the state Division of Culture and History alone in 2010.

WVU has been a big recipient of that, too.

The largest gift, from Mylan Inc. directly, endowed a Mylan Chair of Pharmacology and Toxicology in the School of Pharmacy, according to King — promoting scholarship in a land-grant institution, the mission of which is, in part, to nurture the state's economic development.

But wait a minute..........banker hasn't been to his board of directors meeting at Merck yet......no doubt with his considerable holdings in their stock he will be able to sway them to do similar things for Marshall and Cabell County.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT